Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 67
  1.    #1  
    "Soldiers who re-enlist, returning for tours of duty in Iraq, often cite patriotism, duty, and the need to protect their homeland from terrorism when asked why they've re-upped. They also describe being part of a "committed brotherhood to defend the constitution and the people who cannot defend themselves." Producer Eric Whitney of member station KRCC offers a sound montage from a visit to a re-enlistment ceremony at Ft. Carson, Colo., in early May."
    http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=5442733
    But wait...I according to Bayre the troops don't know why they're in Iraq.
  2. #2  
    Agreed the majority of soldiers know why they are there and feel it is worth the fight. What the whacked left will do is quote the extreme minority and run with it. This backed fire on our rotund friend Mr. Michael Moore... Liberal Strategy to make up story
  3. #3  
    Are you sure its not just because they have no prospects at home (why they joined in the first place) and they like to kill towel-heads?

    Surur
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    Are you sure its not just because they have no prospects at home (why they joined in the first place) and they like to kill towel-heads?

    Surur
    You're a complete moron.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    You're a complete moron.
    Bro, you've just insulted morons everywhere.

    The real irony is that the men and women he derides are offering their lives to protect his. This is how he repays them.

    Does anyone want to bet that before this thing is all over that we'll see leftists spitting on soldiers again?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    Does anyone want to bet that before this thing is all over that we'll see leftists spitting on soldiers again?
    Something tells me if that were to happen there would be a large amount of granola eating tree hugging emotionally ruled pussified lemmings running around with broken arms and concave faces. Of course that's assuming the sheeple can actually transcend the regurgitation of media-fed thought and actually take action which is as likely as their ability to manifest logical thought.
  7. #7  
    You are not only a bonafide troll, you are a clown.



    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    Are you sure its not just because they have no prospects at home (why they joined in the first place) and they like to kill towel-heads?

    Surur
  8. morrie's Avatar
    Posts
    259 Posts
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    #8  
    try waving your american flag in the sunni triangle and see how long you will last. we can never win there, we need to pull out now.
    morris stalk
  9. #9  
    Democratic Strategy at it's best...

    Quote Originally Posted by morrie
    try waving your american flag in the sunni triangle and see how long you will last. we can never win there, we need to pull out now.
  10. #10  
    The spitting on vietnam veterans is a myth, the killing of tens of thousands of iraqis by American bombs and bullets isn't .

    Surur
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    The spitting on vietnam veterans is a myth, the killing of tens of thousands of iraqis by American bombs and bullets isn't .

    Surur
    Hmmm...how many Iraqis have been killed by Iraqis
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  12. #12  
    So you kill them to save them? I thought these people re-enlisted due to patriotism.

    What has their American patriotism got to do with being a killing machine in Iraq?

    Surur
  13. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    The spitting on vietnam veterans is a myth, the killing of tens of thousands of iraqis by American bombs and bullets isn't .

    Surur
    You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. Damn, I bet the Holocaust is a myth in your mind and slavery was a story made up by Mark Twain.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  14. TomUps's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #14  
    The spitting on vietnam veterans is a myth, the killing of tens of thousands of iraqis by American bombs and bullets isn't .

    A myth? says you. People here need to realize Surur is deranged. He has already defended, and has come out in support of beheadings of hostages and the targeting and murder of children, while constantly preaching about American brutality. He has no credibility whatsoever.
  15. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    A myth? says you. People here need to realize Surur is deranged. He has already defended, and has come out in support of beheadings of hostages and the targeting and murder of children, while constantly preaching about American brutality. He has no credibility whatsoever.
    I agree his credibility is now just a tad lower than slinky's. At least the story slinky came up with could have been true. This statement is a sad example of how an individual can be so confused that he can not accept reality. Surslinky you really need help man.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  16. #16  
    The fact is, there is absolutely no record of any peace activist taunting or spitting upon returning veterans. It is myth, and like most myths it is hard to dislodge.
    In 1995 sociologist Thomas Beamish and his colleagues analyzed all peace movement-related stories from 1965 - 1971 in the NY Times, LA Times, and SF Chronicle (495 stories). They found no instance of any spitting on returned troops by peace movement members, nor any taunting. Indeed, they found few examples of negative demonstrations involving returning troops of any kind, or even of simple disapproval of returning soldiers. Three years later, sociologist Jerry Lembcke conducted a similarly exhaustive study for his book, The Spitting Image, with like results. He discovered war protesters being spat upon by war supporters, and hostile acts toward Vietnam veterans by conservative, pro-war groups like the VFW, but no taunting or spitting on returned veterans by peace movement members. Returned veterans and in-service GIs were welcomed in the peace movement, and many assumed leadership roles. Yet the myth endures
    Cultural myths are often created in a collective fashion over time, as such they represent widely shared values in the group. But myth making is seldom divorced from the politics and power struggles that are always present in society. That is, some myths are created or perpetuated to serve the particular political interests of subgroups. Similarly, some general cultural myths may be reconstructed to serve special interests at the expense of the common good. Myths also help us deal with events that don't fit our world-view. How could a superpower be defeated by a small, "primitive" country? The spitting myth helps redirect that responsibility to an unsupportive peace movement at home.
    http://www.commondreams.org/views04/0318-12.htm

    Surur
  17. TomUps's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #17  
    The fact is, there is absolutely no record of any peace activist taunting or spitting upon returning veterans. It is myth, and like most myths it is hard to dislodge. In 1995 sociologist Thomas Beamish and his colleagues analyzed all peace movement-related stories
    The fact is, you are wrong. Quoting a unknown person does not make you or he and expert of anything. The fact of the matter is you have a hatred of anything American. You have openly praised brutal tactics against Americans and their allies in other threads. Such opinions make anything you say here or anywhere else need to be taken with a grain of salt.

    I will take the word of a Vietnam Vet, over you and Thomas Beamish any day.
  18. #18  
    So you know some-one who was spat on? Is the assailant's face not concave? What kind of ***** spits on an american killing machine?

    Surur
  19. #19  
    I don't doubt the motivation of the soldiers who've re-enlisted. That's some real courage. They realize that we have to finish what was started. I commend that.

    It should also be mentioned that the military is throwing record bonuses to those who re-enlist. I think the average bonus is about $10,000. They have publicly acknowledged that this has helped. I'm also curious as to whether or not the goals have been lowered since 9/11. I know that recruiting goals have been lowered, but I don't know about re-enlistment.


    And the 'spitting' comment is nothing short of inflammatory and sophomoric. No one wants to spit on a soldier. Could you find someone? Yes, but why label a group of people for the actions of a few. There are neo-cons that would spit on Murtha, Clinton, etc. Conservatives have been begging us not to condemn them all because of the actions of a few. But many on this board can't wait to say that all liberals hate Bush, that they want to kill him. And now they want to spit? Do you feel good when you make these statements? When you make statements like that, you only help to reinforce the stereotypes about those who subscribe to the same philosophies as you.
  20. TomUps's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #20  
    So you know some-one who was spat on? Is the assailant's face not concave? What kind of ***** spits on an american killing machine?
    As a matter of fact I do. My highschool principal was a vietnam vet (green beret). He was the toughest man I have ever met in my life. He was seriously wounded in battle, and has the scars on his face to show it. To this day (graduated 15 years ago) I can remember him telling stories about the treatment vets received upon coming home...being spit on and called baby killers.

    Now, you better believe I will take his word over anything you say, or any links to some website you can post. You really have no idea about American history or about what was going on in the late 60s and 70s if you doubt these stories. The problem is you have let your hatred cloud any common sense that might go against what your agenda is.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions