1.    #1  
    Out of 5 stars, I'd give X3 2.5 stars.

I saw the movie yesterday and I didn't really like it as much as I did with X2. Although the action and special effects look great, I thought the story was kinda weak. It just felt like the movie was rushed.

Example:

- I don't like how Cyclops died so sudden. I totally thought they were going to find him still alive somewhere. But no, he was just kissed to death.
    - I think there should've been more visual details about how Jean Grey came back alive. It was just weird how Cyclops asked her how she's still alive and she simply answered "I dunno."
    - They could've done a better love story between Rogue and Iceman. Rogue should be a sexier character IMO.
    - I thought Angel would have a bigger role in the movie since they showed a flash back of his childhood life, like they did with Jean Grey. Plus the trailers made it look like he was gonna have a big role. But the only thing he did was save his father from a fall and that's it.
    - I didn't like how Juggernaut just got knocked out by ramming into a wall. Plus, the guy is not even that big like in the comics! I thought it would've been better if the Colossus and Juggernaut battled it out.
    - And how did Professor Xavier come back alive after he got shattered into pieces?
    - I like how they brought some new Xmen characters in the movie, like Juggernaut, Angel, and Beast, but where's Gambit? That character deserves to be in the last Xmen movie. And I think Jean Grey should've turned into the Phoenix. That would've been bad ***.

I'm no hard core Marvel Comic fanboy, but I know a good movie when I see one and X3 was just okay to me. So I'm giving it 2.5 of out 5 stars.

How many stars would you give this movie?
    Last edited by TR30; 05/27/2006 at 09:02 PM.
    Next time, please put something about "possible spoilers" in the title, k?
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by babydol
    Next time, please put something about "possible spoilers" in the title, k?
    LOL. Fine, I edited the subject title to warn people.
    do they measure superhero movies with stars?
    Not a Marvel comics expert, but I saw the first 2 films and thought the 3rd was great.
    I agree that they could have filled in more details, however.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    anyone stick around for the lil clip after the credits?

The dialog was pretty lousy and yup, it sure seemed like it ran through some stuff. But since i'm no big fan of the stuff, I found the flick to be quite entertaining. That's all I expected from it.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    It was pretty bad... I lost interest half way through it. Definately does not even come close to any of the Spiderman movies.
    I saw both X-Men and Poseiden movies yesterday. I enjoyed Poseiden better. In X-men, the best part was the ending battle scene. Did Jean have 2 different lovers? This confused me. Maybe I should rent the previous movies.
    I actually missed the clip after the credits - heard a bit about what happened tho... the person who told me wasn't a huge x-men fan & didn't know who Prof X was talking to in that clip... Anyone know who it was?
    I give it 4 out of 5.

I felt they definitely handled the Jene/Wolverine aspect well. Touches of Storm's interest in Wolverine come out, surely to be in Wolverine 2007.

It could have been longer to flesh out a lot of the plot threads but they, try cramming years if comic book drama into 2 hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by TR30
    Out of 5 stars, I'd give X3 2.5 stars.

- And how did Professor Xavier come back alive after he got shattered into pieces?
    How is that???? I didn't see that when did that happened?

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    How is that???? I didn't see that when did that happened?

Al
    That refers to the after credits scene which I was unaware of and will destroy the next movie studio which pulls this annoying assed gimmick.

13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by kayden75
    I actually missed the clip after the credits - heard a bit about what happened tho... the person who told me wasn't a huge x-men fan & didn't know who Prof X was talking to in that clip... Anyone know who it was?
    My friend told me the name of the nurse, but now I forgot. It's supposedly one of Prof X's good friend. I'll find out later for you.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    I saw both X-Men and Poseiden movies yesterday. I enjoyed Poseiden better. In X-men, the best part was the ending battle scene. Did Jean have 2 different lovers? This confused me. Maybe I should rent the previous movies.
    LOL, yeah... watching the other two would help.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    That refers to the after credits scene which I was unaware of and will destroy the next movie studio which pulls this annoying assed gimmick.

I believe they did this intentionally so you can go back and watch the movie the second time, or make people by the DVD when it comes out.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    I might if pressed give it 2 stars, I was not at all impressed with it, and I did like the first two for the record, and I dont realy know what would have made it better!
    Terry
    Heck I walked out 15 minutes into it. Seriously. Got the money back.
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    The cure for boredom. Talk anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmair
    I might if pressed give it 2 stars, I was not at all impressed with it, and I did like the first two for the record, and I dont realy know what would have made it better!
    Terry
    The problem is they had to cram years of comic book plot into 2 hours in X-3. If you were familiar with the plot, the movie went too fast.