1. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Do you folks want to get some of Pat's elixir?

Source: CBS Sportsline

Pat Robertson's magical protein shake

-snip-

"400 pounds is nothing! Rev. Pat Robertson, 76, can leg press 2,000 pounds. I saw him on TV the other day and the capillaries in his eyes looked just fine!"

If you do not click on the link Ken provided to Robertson's Web site right now, you are truly lazy and missing the most remarkable feat of physical strength since Video SPiN featured Lasha Pataraya pulling two trucks with his ear.

Here's the text from his Web site:

"Did you know that Pat Robertson can leg press 2,000 pounds? How does he do it? Where does Pat find the time and energy to host a daily, national TV show, head a world-wide ministry, develop visionary scholars, while traveling the globe as a statesman?

One of Pat's secrets to keeping his energy high and his vitality soaring is his age-defying protein shake. Pat developed a delicious, refreshing shake, filled with energy-producing nutrients. Discover what kinds of natural ingredients make up Pat's protein shake by registering for your FREE booklet today!"

Three things:

1. I am going to drink this protein shake of his and try to leg press a Mazda Miata with three clowns sitting inside.

2. There is no way on earth Robertson leg presses 2,000 pounds. That would mean a 76-year-old man broke the all-time Florida State University leg press record by 665 pounds over Dan Kendra. 665 pounds! Further, when he set the record, they had to modify the leg press machine to fit 1,335 pounds of weight. Plus, Kendra's capillaries in his eyes burst. Burst! Where in the world did Robertson even find a machine that could hold 2,000 pounds at one time? And how does he still have vision?

3. It's rare the ClayNation Guarantee makes an appearance, but here, it is justified. There is no way Robertson leg presses 2,000 pounds. Period. If he can, I will box a round against Andrew Golota without wearing a jockstrap. After about 20 minutes on Robertson's Web site, I managed to find a way to send an e-mail without having to give my credit card information. Here was the text:

"I would like to interview Pat Robertson about his leg-press workout and protein shake. If possible, I would like to accompany Pat on his workout where I could help him stack on the 44 different 45-pound plates he would need to attach to leg press 2,000 pounds. By my calculations, his leg press of 2,000 pounds requires 22 forty-fives and one ten-pounder on each side.

I look forward to hearing back from you,

-snip-
    Last edited by NRG; 05/27/2006 at 07:52 AM.
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Shameful Kick
    First of all its a 1000lbs not 2000.

Second his form sucks and hes using his hands.

On the other hand he did get 1000 even with bad form, small range of motion and using his hands which is better than most people.

I can tell you from first hand experience, form tends to suffer after 800lbs, but I still get the full range of motion.

good for Pat!
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23
    First of all its a 1000lbs not 2000.

Second his form sucks and hes using his hands.

On the other hand he did get 1000 even with bad form, small range of motion and using his hands which is better than most people.

I can tell you from first hand experience, form tends to suffer after 800lbs, but I still get the full range of motion.

good for Pat!
    Really? 1000 not 2000? Go read his website,

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Robertson's Website
    Did you know that Pat Robertson, through rigorous training, leg-pressed 2,000 pounds! How did he do it?
    I suggest you go read then come back.
    Dont believe everything that you read. If you watch video in the link provided on the website, he says "ok now lets go up to 1000" plus if you look at the plates and do the math it adds up to 1000. Hes mostly using 45lbs plates not 100lbs plates. It would be different if ALL of his plates were 100.

Bottom line its a typo. (not commenting on whether or not its intentional). I did read it and its wrong. Now, the text that you provided is hilarious!

Ive worked in the fitness industry for 13 years and have been certified as a personal trainer, I would know the difference between 1000 and 2000 lbs. Not to mention he would be close to setting world records @ 2000.

Dont get me wrong 1000 is VERY impressive especially considering his age, even with the limited range of motion not many people can do that no matter what their age or conditioning is.
    Last edited by Hdhntr23; 05/31/2006 at 08:44 AM.
    There is no spoon.
    Pat doesn't even come close to being the man that Chuck Norris is!

http://www.chucknorrisfacts.com/

LOL
  7. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23
    Dont believe everything that you read. If you watch video in the link provided on the website, he says "ok now lets go up to 1000" plus if you look at the plates and do the math it adds up to 1000. Hes mostly using 45lbs plates not 100lbs plates. It would be different if ALL of his plates were 100.

Bottom line its a typo. (not commenting on whether or not its intentional). I did read it and its wrong. Now, the text that you provided is hilarious!

Ive worked in the fitness industry for 13 years and have been certified as a personal trainer, I would know the difference between 1000 and 2000 lbs. Not to mention he would be close to setting world records @ 2000.

Dont get me wrong 1000 is VERY impressive especially considering his age, even with the limited range of motion not many people can do that no matter what their age or conditioning is.
    You are right I am wrong. You would have thought they would have fixed that typo by now, what w/ all the coverage this has recieved.
    well the website does say 2000lbs but doesnt say the video is of 2000. It actually says 1000 in the text, "Watch Pat leg press 1000lbs" (and its the actual link)

so its all confusing.

Ive done 1230lbs for 12xs and I used my hands too, hahahah but at least I came down all the way with the sled!

Makes you wonder if its a true typo or if its.... ummm not?
    There is no spoon.
    The boxed out text that you posted and quoted in your OP though is hilarious and to tell you the truth I didnt read all the way thru it till earlier today. What that guy says makes one think a bit doesnt it?
    There is no spoon.