1.    #1  
    I run a website(www.dbzrst.com) and I would really like to have my own webserver to run it off of. The problem is I cant seem to find any resources that would tell me how to set this up. If any of you know of any online tutorials, or books could you tell me the urls? thanks.
    God bless the USA! The country I love, and will support at all costs.
    What server software on you going to run? What platform (OS)?

There is a whole section at your local Book Megastore for this type of stuff. O'Reilly books tend to cover pretty much any server software you could need.

For something simple (relatively speaking!) just pick up a copy of Red Hat Linux + Book. That will take you through the process of installing Linux and Apache server software.

We're all naked if you turn us inside out.
    -David Byrne
  3.    #3  
    Im gonna run it on Unix, not NT. Would the books tell me everything i need to know? if so il do that cause i need to buy the Linux anyway to run apache on it.
    Linux is free. Apache is free. They are both realtivly easy to configure . I like Unix!
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Linux is free. Apache is free. They are both realtivly easy to configure . I like Unix!

Also, check out the O'Reially seris of books, and the Bible seris of books. THEY ARE THE BEST!
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
  6.    #6  
    OK well one thing that im a little put off by is creating sub-domains and setting up email adresses for my site. With my currect server I just email them, and its set up the next day. As of right now I have no idea how I could do this, do the o'reilly books cover this?