Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 65
  1. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #1  
    I implore all of you to make people aware of this walking piece of trash and his lemming followers. You can get updates(locations) via their webpage Here: WestBoro Baptist Church. If there are any folks that are good @ webpages, I was wondering what it would take to get a webpage up where folks can donate money for bail for the people who might get arrested opposing these scum. I understand Mr. Phelps and his followers are practicing their right to Free Speech, and their right to peaceful assembly even though we may disagree w/ these folks, it is hard not too, disagree. But, I feel we should have our right to free speech oppose them as well. America, what a beautiful and sick society she is.

    Source: Kansas City KMBC-TV Ch. 9

    5 Arrested In Attack On Anti-Gay Funeral Protesters

    SEAFORD, Del. -- Five people in Delaware face criminal charges after clashing with members of a Topeka, Kan., church protesting the funeral of a Marine killed in Iraq.

    Police stood between the protesters and counter-demonstrators, some of whom tossed eggs, stones and water bottles at the picketers from Fred Phelps' Westboro Baptist Church. The church believes U.S. casualties in Iraq are God's retribution for America's support of homosexuality.

    The church members were greeted by about 1,000 people Monday outside the funeral of Marine Cpl. Cory Palmer, who died earlier this month from injuries suffered in Iraq.

    One of the five was charged with assault while the others were cited for criminal mischief and disorderly conduct.

    -snip-
    Last edited by NRG; 05/24/2006 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Changed can't to can. Whoops
  2. #2  
    I understand that it took the police some time to respond to this "assault".

    I'd like to buy those five counter protestors a beer.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    The church believes U.S. casualties in Iraq are God's retribution for America's support of homosexuality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Falwell On Sept 11
    The abortionists have got to bear some burden for this because God will not be mocked. And when we destroy 40 million little innocent babies, we make God mad. I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People for the American Way—all of them who have tried to secularize America—I point the finger in their face and say "you helped this happen."
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Robertson's Response
    Well, I totally concur, and the problem is we have adopted that agenda at the highest levels of our government. And so we're responsible as a free society for what the top people do. And, the top people, of course, is the court system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falwell on AIDS
    AIDS is the wrath of a just God against homosexuals. To oppose it would be like an Israelite jumping in the Red Sea to save one of Pharaoh's charioteers . . . AIDS is not just God's punishment for homosexuals; it is God's punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals."
    Why look at the fringe religious right, just look at the mainstream.
  4. #4  
    If you ride, I highly reccomend this group.

    http://www.patriotguard.org/

    I can't participate as often as I'd like because of my schedule.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

    "To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-


  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Why look at the fringe religious right, just look at the mainstream.
    What would poses you to assume that Robertson or Falwell are mainstream anything. These guys are at the crack pipe just as much as you are.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Why look at the fringe religious right, just look at the mainstream.
    That's not mainstream. They speak for no God I know of.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

    "To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-


  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    What would poses you to assume that Robertson or Falwell are mainstream anything. These guys are at the crack pipe just as much as you are.
    indeed
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    What would poses you to assume that Robertson or Falwell are mainstream anything. These guys are at the crack pipe just as much as you are.
    Falwell has 24 thousand followers, and is affiliated with the the SBC .. the largest Baptist group, and the largest Protestant denomination in the United States, claiming 16 million members.

    Pat Robertson is the founder of the ACLJ, the Christian Broadcast Netowrk (CBN), the Christian Coalition, and the host of possibly the most succesfull christian program on television, the 700 club.

    It would be difficlult to find two more popular or influential american religious leaders.

    And, Your insults are childish, uninformed, and hatefull as always.
  9. #9  
    HA HA HA! The Blaze talking about hateful insults! That is rich.

    Between that and the ACLU shutting up its board members, I've had 100% of my daily recommended dose of IRONY.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Falwell has 24 thousand followers, and is affiliated with the the SBC .. the largest Baptist group, and the largest Protestant denomination in the United States, claiming 16 million members.

    Pat Robertson is the founder of the ACLJ, the Christian Broadcast Netowrk (CBN), the Christian Coalition, and the host of possibly the most succesfull christian program on television, the 700 club.

    It would be difficlult to find two more popular or influential american religious leaders.

    And, Your insults are childish, uninformed, and hatefull as always.
    24 thousand out of 16 million, he certainly isnt to be considered influential. Now Martin Luther King is considered an influential American religious leader, but not Falwell. Sheesh Ya know, we had this discussion before. Just because you say something, doesnt make it true or accurate.

    Im not sure that I took the time to insult you, did I? Ohh..you musta missed the winkie
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  11. #11  
    You are pointing to a dead minister as one that is more popular and or influential than Falwell & Robertson?

    And on our previous exchanges, just because you consistently call in to question my credibility, does not make you informed, or my ideas wrong.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    You are pointing to a dead minister as one that is more popular and or influential than Falwell & Robertson?

    And on our previous exchanges, just because you consistently call in to question my credibility, does not make you informed, or my ideas wrong.
    I am informed, and you are wrong, most of the time
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    I am informed, and you are wrong, most of the time
    Productive mature exchange as always.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    What would poses you to assume that Robertson or Falwell are mainstream anything ...
    my luv, McCain thought Falwell sufficiently influential and important to suck up big time to him...
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  15. #15  
    Quote:
    McCain thought Falwell sufficiently influential and important to suck up big time to him...

    Yeah McCain....

    Didn't he moved over to extreme left to suck up to Teddy Kennedy?

    Chuck
  16. #16  
    clairegirl et al,

    Don't get distracted. The point is not how much of the Christian Right Falwell or Robertson speak for or. The points is how much do Falwell, Robertson or any other main Christian figures have in common with Phelps. They can believe AIDS is God's punishment for homosexuality or 9/11 is God's punishment for sin, but are they saying that the deaths in Iraq are God's punishment for homosexuality? More to the point, are any of them protesting at the funerals of American soldiers? I SAY NO! I say that these men and 99+% of their followers are praying for our soldiers and honor them and hope they return safe and victorious.


    If you want to debate whether is proper to believe 9/11 is God's punishment for sin then debate that point. But don't let the implicit comparison between the Christian Right and Phelps' group go unanswered.
  17. #17  
    You don't get to decide what the point is hoovs, unless the point is your own.

    My point was and is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    The church believes U.S. casualties in Iraq are God's retribution for America's support of homosexuality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Falwell On Sept 11
    The abortionists have got to bear some burden for this because God will not be mocked. And when we destroy 40 million little innocent babies, we make God mad. I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People for the American Way—all of them who have tried to secularize America—I point the finger in their face and say "you helped this happen."
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Robertson's Response
    Well, I totally concur, and the problem is we have adopted that agenda at the highest levels of our government. And so we're responsible as a free society for what the top people do. And, the top people, of course, is the court system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falwell on AIDS
    AIDS is the wrath of a just God against homosexuals. To oppose it would be like an Israelite jumping in the Red Sea to save one of Pharaoh's charioteers . . . AIDS is not just God's punishment for homosexuals; it is God's punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals."
    Why look at the fringe religious right, just look at the mainstream.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Productive mature exchange as always.
    Stop being so childish
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    my luv, McCain thought Falwell sufficiently influential and important to suck up big time to him...
    McCain may be a patriot, but that in itself is not a qualifier for anything. Once again, McCain showed poor judgement. Probably why he will never be President.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    You don't get to decide what the point is hoovs, unless the point is your own.

    My point was and is Why look at the fringe religious right, just look at the mainstream.
    I saw that commercial. Ya know the one that goes "this is your brain." "And this is your brain on drugs."

    Well behaved women rarely make history
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions