Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Basically you can quote a politician (including world leaders) or simply somebody speaking of politics in general. Rules are simply:
    • One per day for each individual schmoe (aka TC poster).
    • Make sure to credit the person who said it as well.
    • Include Source whenever possible (i.e. link, book title & author, etc..)
    • No commentary. If you don't like a quote, counter it with another one.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 05/24/2006 at 11:06 AM.
    "Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" —Florence, S.C., Jan. 11, 2000

By none other than our brilliant President George W. Bush
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
  3.    #3  
    Thomas Jefferson once said, 'We should never judge a president by his age, only by his works.' And ever since he told me that, I stopped worrying.
    -- Ronald Reagan
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 05/25/2006 at 11:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Thomas Jefferson once said, 'We should never judge a president by his age, only by his works.' And ever since he told me that, I stopped worrying.
    -- Ronald Reagan
    God i hope that isn't related to my quote, simply because it only makes it worse for all of us Americans!
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    “The enemy isn’t conservatism. The enemy isn’t liberalism. The enemy is bullsh*t." —Lars-Erik Nelson, political columnist
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I am game for this. Good idea Hobbes.
  7. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Every good citizen makes his country's honor his own, and cherishes it not only as precious but as sacred. He is willing to risk his life in its defense and is conscious that he gains protection while he gives it.

- Andrew Jackson, Old Hickory, 7th president of the United States: 1829-1837
    Dad, I'm in some trouble. There's been an accident and you're going to hear all sorts of things about me from now on. Terrible things.
    --Edward Kennedy
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  9. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Dad, I'm in some trouble. There's been an accident and you're going to hear all sorts of things about me from now on. Terrible things.
    --Edward Kennedy
    Alright, Claire, please cite that quote, cause frankly I do not believe you!

"Any man worth his salt will stick up for what he believes right, but it takes a slightly better man to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that he is in error."

Andrew Jackson - Old Hickory "Florida's liberator"
  10.    #10  
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

-J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.
    -Groucho Marx
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

"It's in our country's interests to find those who would do harm to us and get them out of harm's way." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., April 28, 2005
    "The President has kept all the promises he intended to keep."

Clinton aide George Stephanopolous.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

14. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor
    "The President has kept all the promises he intended to keep."

Clinton aide George Stephanopolous.
    Only one quote a day.
  15. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Hobbes, should we include sources? I think we should, but who am I, this is your thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Only one quote a day.
    I took that to mean one quote a day per source, not poster. Heck, the OP has multiple quotes.

-Jack Handy, SNL-

17. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scary Humor
    I took that to mean one quote a day per source, not poster. Hence, I'm no schmoe.
    Interpretations. HOBBES!!! straighten us out here. Is he a schmoe?
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." Aesop
    Palm m505 -> Treo600 (GSM ATT) -> Treo650 (Cingular) -> BB8700g -> BB Pearl
    "The point of living and of being an optimist, is to be foolish enough to believe the best is yet to come."
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Interpretations. HOBBES!!! straighten us out here. Is he a schmoe?
    Now, now children. Play nice with each other.... ....I have updated the rules and defined ScaryHumor as a Schmoe.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Now, now children. Play nice with each other.... ....I have updated the rules and defined ScaryHumor as a Schmoe.
    Now I kinda feel dirty. I like it.

-Jack Handy, SNL-

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast