Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    If you analyze it I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. I think conservatism is really a misnomer just as liberalism is a misnomer for the liberals -- if we were back in the days of the Revolution, so-called conservatives today would be the Liberals and the liberals would be the Tories. The basis of conservatism is a desire for less government interference or less centralized authority or more individual freedom and this is a pretty general description also of what libertarianism is.

-from an interview published in Reason Magazine (July 01, 1975)
  2.    #42  
    "If you can't say anything nice.... you're probaly talking about Hillary Clinton."

-- Jeff Foxworthy
    "You really don't want a president who is a football fan. Football combines the worst features of American life. It is violence punctuated by committee meetings."

George Will
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
    Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
    --Benjamin Franklin, 1759
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    In the United States today, we have more than our share of nattering nabobs of negativism.
    Spiro T. Agnew
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    "Victory means exit strategy, and it’s important for the president to explain to us what the exit strategy is."

-- George W. Bush, April 9, 1999
    "Old soldiers never die, they just fade away."
    Gen. Douglas MacArthur, April 19, 1951
    “It was a very close vote. 43 voted 'yea.' 44 voted 'ney.' And 3 voted 'fabulous.' ”

— David Letterman
    On the Senate's rejection of the amendment against gay marriage
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Patriotism is easy to understand in America. It means looking out for yourself by looking out for your country.
    Calvin Coolidge
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country."
    Mayor Marion Barry, Washington, DC.

-Jack Handy, SNL-

“These broads are millionaires...I’ve never seen people enjoying their husbands’ deaths so much.” Anne Coulter on 9/11 victims wives.

"I spent several years in a North Vietnamese prison camp, in the dark, fed with scraps. Do you think I want to do that all over again as vice president of the United States?"
    --Sen. John McCain, on rumors that he might be John Kerry's running mate

-Jack Handy, SNL-

13. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    "Now why am I going back over ancient history? Because it's not ancient, because we went to war in Iraq to cover up the command negligence that led to 9/11,and it was a war we didn't have to fight."
    - Ret. General Wesley Clark
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    "Now why am I going back over ancient history? Because it's not ancient, because we went to war in Iraq to cover up the command negligence that led to 9/11,and it was a war we didn't have to fight."
    shhhhhh
    Show me a good loser and I'll show you an *****.
    Leo Durocher

Wes Clark is no good loser.
  16. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Show me a good loser and I'll show you an *****.
    Leo Durocher

Wes Clark is no good loser.
    “You can't always write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say, so sometimes you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whipped cream.”
    ~Frank Zappa

PS. Hobbes this is a retort, if it does not fall in the politcal realm I will recant.

If only we did something the first time the trade center was bombed. Anybody remember who was in charge then?
  18. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ
    If only we did something the first time the trade center was bombed. Anybody remember who was in charge then?
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    No commentary. If you don't like a quote, counter it with another one.
    "We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity. We weren't punctilious about locating and punishing only Hitler and his top officers. We carpet-bombed German cities; we killed civilians. That's war. And this is war."

Ann Coulter
    “You can't always write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say, so sometimes you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whipped cream.”
    ~Frank Zappa
    Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

Frank Zappa
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123