Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617 LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 333
  1. #301  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    : good quote (but you're still a homosapien)
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    bragging about your opposable thumbs, huh ???!!?

    newsflash, you specist !! I got 'em too

    mods -- why has this insensitive, rightwing specist not been banned ???

    (I know for a fact if it were a liberal specist who had said such stuff he'd been banned long ago.)

    I'm finding it increasingly uncomfortable to continue posting here
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  2. #302  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    bragging about your opposable thumbs, huh ???!!?

    newsflash, you specist !! I got 'em too

    mods -- why has this insensitive, rightwing specist not been banned ???

    (I know for a fact if it were a liberal specist who had said such stuff he'd been banned long ago.)

    I'm finding it increasingly uncomfortable to continue posting here


    Confused yet?
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  3. #303  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Well, here is a quote from an earlier post by you.

    knife, no; I bring AKs to the party....

    Now maybe you are some kind of oddball which just likes to talk a big game but the threats of knives and AK(47) is rediculous and as far as I am concerned you are dangerous and out of control and now officially in need of help.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    This was probably my fault because I characterized his and ttrundles intellectual prowess to bringing a knife to the shoot out at the OK Corral.


    You did not read the thread, did you? Maybe you were too busy thread crapping to read the important stuff!

    How do you feel now that dstrauss blew you out the water?

    My comment was a joke... to "up" what dstrauss said... even if not, I still do not see the threat. It reminds me when insertion started calling me a racist... no base for it, but hey, there it was. People like to "coke and joke" but can't take it when someone else "coke and joke" right back. Oh, The OG said something... lets get sensitive!!!

    I forgive you. Now, lets talk about thread crapping.

    Thread crapping destroys an online community. It is like a virus because once one person gets away with it, others soon follow. It is like the "mob mentality." Like a mob, the thread crappers wreak havoc on the newbies and unlearned. Forum members soon start to hate the TC (thread crappers) due to not being able to find information in a timely manner. Soon the only thing the TC have left to crap, are the newbies and those who like the punishment (or think they have to put up with it…).

    Of course, with the crappy stuff palm has put out over the past couple of years, I guess TC is a way to release that anger. Look, I understand your pain. But we really need to pull ourselves together for the community as a whole.

    Lets focus on helping people, no matter how many posts or how stupid the question. Sometimes someone will search for something, but not include the exact search pattern that you remember the topic under… help that person!

    Request that mods ban TC!!!! No, demand this!!! Soon things will change for the better. Soon this will be a place for adults to hang and have live discussions about products they are oh so passionate about. In turn, TC (treo central) will start to make more revenue since the adults with cash will visit, purchase stuff, and click on links (adults know the game).

    This concludes my lesson for tonight.

    Night, t, night. Don’t tuck me in with a hand-grenade… (for our sensitive members: this WAS a joke… on myself).


    *** HoFo = another forum… was not sure if I could post a link or not… google is your friend on this one…. Phones, pdas, etc… nice place. You will not find me there… I use another name….


    I LOVE TREO CENTRAL…. THIS IS A GREAT PLACE… AND HAS EVEN GREATER POTENTIAL!!!!!

    HAVE A VOICE, BAN THE THREAD CRAPPERS!!!!

    MAKE THIS AN OFFICIAL MOVEMENT…. WE COULD CALL IT: "BTTC"

    end of my book... enjoy the read.....
    Last edited by theog; 06/08/2006 at 01:10 AM.
  4. #304  
    Ho Hum
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  5. #305  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog


    You did not read the thread, did you? Maybe you were too busy thread crapping to read the important stuff!

    How do you feel now that dstrauss blew you out the water?

    My comment was a joke... to "up" what dstrauss said... even if not, I still do not see the threat. It reminds me when insertion started calling me a racist... no base for it, but hey, there it was. People like to "coke and joke" but can't take it when someone else "coke and joke" right back. Oh, The OG said something... lets get sensitive!!!

    I forgive you. Now, lets talk about thread crapping.

    Thread crapping destroys an online community. It is like a virus because once one person gets away with it, others soon follow. It is like the "mob mentality." Like a mob, the thread crappers wreak havoc on the newbies and unlearned. Forum members soon start to hate the TC (thread crappers) due to not being able to find information in a timely manner. Soon the only thing the TC have left to crap, are the newbies and those who like the punishment (or think they have to put up with it…).

    Of course, with the crappy stuff palm has put out over the past couple of years, I guess TC is a way to release that anger. Look, I understand your pain. But we really need to pull ourselves together for the community as a whole.

    Lets focus on helping people, no matter how many posts or how stupid the question. Sometimes someone will search for something, but not include the exact search pattern that you remember the topic under… help that person!

    Request that mods ban TC!!!! No, demand this!!! Soon things will change for the better. Soon this will be a place for adults to hang and have live discussions about products they are oh so passionate about. In turn, TC (treo central) will start to make more revenue since the adults with cash will visit, purchase stuff, and click on links (adults know the game).

    This concludes my lesson for tonight.

    Night, t, night. Don’t tuck me in with a hand-grenade… (for our sensitive members: this WAS a joke… on myself).


    *** HoFo = another forum… was not sure if I could post a link or not… google is your friend on this one…. Phones, pdas, etc… nice place. You will not find me there… I use another name….


    I LOVE TREO CENTRAL…. THIS IS A GREAT PLACE… AND HAS EVEN GREATER POTENTIAL!!!!!

    HAVE A VOICE, BAN THE THREAD CRAPPERS!!!!

    MAKE THIS AN OFFICIAL MOVEMENT…. WE COULD CALL IT: "BTTC"

    end of my book... enjoy the read.....

  6. #306  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog


    You did not read the thread, did you? Maybe you were too busy thread crapping to read the important stuff!

    How do you feel now that dstrauss blew you out the water?
    ....
    No one blew anyone out of the water. If you don't like the atmosphere here, find another place to breath the air. HoFo is only "better," if you can call it that, because of its lack of humor - everyone pretentiously feigns technical prowess, while the topics meandor all over the map like a winding country road.

    Get a grip theog.
    Last edited by dstrauss; 06/08/2006 at 11:15 AM.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  7. #307  
    Doggonnit! I said this thread was closed. Why won't anyone believe me?
  8. #308  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog


    You did not read the thread, did you? Maybe you were too busy thread crapping to read the important stuff!

    How do you feel now that dstrauss blew you out the water?

    My comment was a joke... to "up" what dstrauss said... even if not, I still do not see the threat. It reminds me when insertion started calling me a racist... no base for it, but hey, there it was. People like to "coke and joke" but can't take it when someone else "coke and joke" right back. Oh, The OG said something... lets get sensitive!!!

    I forgive you. Now, lets talk about thread crapping.

    Thread crapping destroys an online community. It is like a virus because once one person gets away with it, others soon follow. It is like the "mob mentality." Like a mob, the thread crappers wreak havoc on the newbies and unlearned. Forum members soon start to hate the TC (thread crappers) due to not being able to find information in a timely manner. Soon the only thing the TC have left to crap, are the newbies and those who like the punishment (or think they have to put up with it…).

    Of course, with the crappy stuff palm has put out over the past couple of years, I guess TC is a way to release that anger. Look, I understand your pain. But we really need to pull ourselves together for the community as a whole.

    Lets focus on helping people, no matter how many posts or how stupid the question. Sometimes someone will search for something, but not include the exact search pattern that you remember the topic under… help that person!

    Request that mods ban TC!!!! No, demand this!!! Soon things will change for the better. Soon this will be a place for adults to hang and have live discussions about products they are oh so passionate about. In turn, TC (treo central) will start to make more revenue since the adults with cash will visit, purchase stuff, and click on links (adults know the game).

    This concludes my lesson for tonight.

    Night, t, night. Don’t tuck me in with a hand-grenade… (for our sensitive members: this WAS a joke… on myself).


    *** HoFo = another forum… was not sure if I could post a link or not… google is your friend on this one…. Phones, pdas, etc… nice place. You will not find me there… I use another name….


    I LOVE TREO CENTRAL…. THIS IS A GREAT PLACE… AND HAS EVEN GREATER POTENTIAL!!!!!

    HAVE A VOICE, BAN THE THREAD CRAPPERS!!!!

    MAKE THIS AN OFFICIAL MOVEMENT…. WE COULD CALL IT: "BTTC"

    end of my book... enjoy the read.....
    my goodness. If everyone on tc was as full of stale, boring, hot air as this guy, I'd read TC just to get me ready for bed...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......
  9. #309  
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou
    my goodness. If everyone on tc was as full of stale, boring, hot air as this guy, I'd read TC just to get me ready for bed...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......
    I'm still not sure whether theog is a sedative or laxative.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  10. #310  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    This was probably my fault because I characterized his and ttrundles intellectual prowess to bringing a knife to the shoot out at the OK Corral.
    he still made a threat and needs to be dealt with. Especially since he denied it openly. He is a danger. He needs to be dealt with because he is trying to get people to defect to a competing site. It took a while for his real motivation to come out but he finally played his card.
  11. #311  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    I'm still not sure whether theog is a sedative or laxative.
    more like mental diarrhea...
  12. #312  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    more like mental diarrhea...
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  13. #313  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    he still made a threat and needs to be dealt with. Especially since he denied it openly. He is a danger. He needs to be dealt with because he is trying to get people to defect to a competing site. It took a while for his real motivation to come out but he finally played his card.


    Let me see:

    1) racist
    2) threat
    3) now, I'm seeking to get people away from TC (treo central).



    I love it!!!! (of course, not true, I would never openly disrespect a forum... my apologies, if anyone thinks I would).

    Now, lets talk about the topic on hand, Thread Crapping (TC).

    How do the above replies deal with thread crapping? Well, they don't actually speak on the subject. Mostly, they call out one individual, who seeks to abolish thread crapping. One point was made that this forum is not made of technical wizards. They say that another forum is boring because the people there are "smart."

    Well, I'm sure there are smart people on this forum, but they simply don't bother since thread crappers will read, not understand, then start thread crapping.

    Do you want to continue to ruin the learning for hundreds of treo central users on an every day basis? Do you want to improve your actions and be a positive contributor to this forum? At some point you have to ask yourself, are you with me or against me?

    Enough of the personal attacks... lets keep this on topic...

    Of course, my real motivation is to have all thread crappers banned! I'm starting the movement... BTTC.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  14. #314  
    I am to the point I want the mods to close this thread and would ask them to review theog for threatening posts. This is rather sick.
  15. #315  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    I am to the point I want the mods to close this thread and would ask them to review theog for threatening posts. This is rather sick.


    gharrod is now sensitive... mr. thread crapper don't like a taste of his own medicine... This is funny.

    So, I'm the only one on topic, and you want the thread closed?

    I threaten people???? You seem to be the only one saying this.... There is a pattern though, once some members don’t like what someone says, some members start a campaign of character assassination. I can live with it, as you can tell. It does not bother me since you really don't know me....

    Another joke, but on topic.... lets talk about thread crappers (TC)

    Instead of a pill for anti-diarea, we need a pill for anti-thread crappers!!!!!
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  16. #316  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog


    ...
    Instead of a pill for anti-diarea, we need a pill for anti-thread crappers!!!!!
    Well dude, put me at the top of your list then.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  17. #317  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Well dude, put me at the top of your list then.
    Actually, I read one of your post in another thread... you have potential to join our movement and carry this forum forward in a positive way. All jokes aside....
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  18. #318  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog
    Actually, I read one of your post in another thread... you have potential to join our movement and carry this forum forward in a positive way. All jokes aside....
    You've been over-reacting all along. Most of your thread-crapping complaints come in those threads with a high degree of suspect worth to begin with, particularly in the "Future Treo" and other speculation threads. Frustration alone, plus Palm fumbles, make those threads subject to excessive levity and elbow throwing, particularly when approaching another long delayed Palm release.

    This site, since the very first days as Visorcentral back in 1999, has ALWAYS been a haven for whining, complaining, and vocal criticism, and that will never change. It has shaped some of the obvious product developments at Palm over the years; including bringing resolutions for true device/software defects and failures. It has a decidedly "British Boarding School" scruffiness, but that's what keeps people coming back (including a good bunch of folks in this OT subforum who are here purely for the community).
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  19. #319  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    You've been over-reacting all along. Most of your thread-crapping complaints come in those threads with a high degree of suspect worth to begin with, particularly in the "Future Treo" and other speculation threads. Frustration alone, plus Palm fumbles, make those threads subject to excessive levity and elbow throwing, particularly when approaching another long delayed Palm release.

    This site, since the very first days as Visorcentral back in 1999, has ALWAYS been a haven for whining, complaining, and vocal criticism, and that will never change. It has shaped some of the obvious product developments at Palm over the years; including bringing resolutions for true device/software defects and failures. It has a decidedly "British Boarding School" scruffiness, but that's what keeps people coming back (including a good bunch of folks in this OT subforum who are here purely for the community).
    Really, if you want stuffiness, just stick to HOFO. I've been on that site, but don't like it. Here, I can find what ever technical help I need, plus can be amused at the same time. Lighten up!
  20. #320  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    This site, since the very first days as Visorcentral back in 1999... has shaped some of the obvious product developments at Palm over the years...
    So that is what happened to palm and palm products?

    You are right, I'm fighting a no win battle here.... guess I'll crawl back into my hole and listen to you guys/gals BS each other all day.

    Darn... right when I was having fun...


    Now, lets talk about thread crapping (TC)... really quick.

    The law of the land says, "Do unto others as you would want others to do unto to you." This simple phrase deserves your attention. What does it mean? What does this have to do with thread crapping? How can I use this to change my life?

    I'm proud to announce: "Do unto others as you would want others to do unto to you" is the new motto for the BTTC movement. I will issue a full statement through MSNBC, CNN, FOX, etc later today. Stay tuned.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001

Posting Permissions