Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617 LastLast
    Theog, whats a HoFo?
    Yawning is contagious

Well behaved women rarely make history
    Quote Originally Posted by theog
    Actually, I've not seen your posts... again, I don't get here much.

It is not about purity, but about respect. Once you respect yourself you can grow to repect your fellow man. Some people have a hard time with that last sentence. I can "talk crap" but I keep it on a level and within bounds. When one has a go with me, I take the cover off and have fun. To me, that is fair. I enjoy a good time talking crap like anyone else. But when I see newbie after newbie rejected on a forum for no reason, that means the forum has an issue.

Couple of months ago I was on a forum and they were asking about forums.... this forum had a negative next to it... said the forum was crap. Some people agreed... others say they read and that was it. Granted, some said it was ok...

Hey, that tells me something... lack of respect. Who issues respect? Mods. I'm in this post typing away since the subject is what it is... figured nothing bad could happen to me here...
    I don't think there's a lack of respect around here. In fact, it's just the reverse. Off Topic, I have pretty "in your face" spirited debates with Barye, daThomas, Blazerboy and others around here; on topic, some of us joust around a lot (gharrod, geatches, Haggar, VikingJunior, Munk and others as well) but is good natured and a lot of mutual respect backing up the combat. Sometimes it does look like roller derby around here, but it's often after a thread has run its course, or frustrations are getting to everybody (just look at all the "waiting for the 700p threads").

Maybe the signal to noise ratio gets a little high at times, but this is a savvy bunch around here, and they jump pretty well on the technical topics as well. If you want pure support, go to palm.com. Here, there is more of a community, and like all families, has its "eccentricities."
    Last edited by dstrauss; 06/07/2006 at 08:57 AM.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    you're begging the question, per se.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths
    you're begging the question, per se.
    ummmm...wrong thread
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    ummmm...wrong thread
    What is this thread about again?
    This is the thread about burritos vs chalupes.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    No. it's more like "regular vs. decaffeinated."
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths
    This is the thread about burritos vs chalupes.
    Chalupas. A chalupa is a canoe. Taco Bell chalupas are tasty. And a Taco Bell chalupa is just as good in NYC as in San Diego. But the same does not go for burritos. Can someone fix that?
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou
    Chalupas. A chalupa is a canoe. Taco Bell chalupas are tasty. And a Taco Bell chalupa is just as good in NYC as in San Diego. But the same does not go for burritos. Can someone fix that?
    Living in Texas now, I can give a sworn statement that Taco Bell is not good Mexican food. That's like comparing a Big Mac to a Ruth's Chris prime rib. Period.
    theog, threats and such will do nothing but get you banned from this place so either clean up the act or move on. Sure we get a bit goofy from time to time but that is usually to let off steam. If you want pure support then go to someplace where true support is given. If you haven't noticed this is an OFF TOPIC thread. That means it is ok to not be serious and to have fun. In case you haven't done so you may want to read complete posts in many threads before forming opinions of many of us. There is a rare combination of humor, knowledge, satire and technology in most of us and in many an unending passion for the subjects being discussed. Sorry you don't have the ability to get the jokes when they are dished out. Maybe someone can help you with that.

Otherwise, just leave and find someplace that is more to your liking. I am pretty sure your TC admission was comped so you are out nothing but our entertaining ways. If you have an issue with an individual like Insertion or myself the easiest and fastest way to remedy that is to put us on ignore and then you do not have to read our rantings. Seems pretty simple to me. You, I am sure are a stellar individual in some ways but this is not a great exhibition of your personality. I suggest you either join in the party or let us be. You cannot expect that we will change for you. That just is not going to happen. I personally cannot tell you how many times people have ripped me to shreads because they didn't "get" me and they later came back and thanked me for one thing or anoter.

This is a community and I would hope you would do your part to contribute, voice your opinions and benefit from the goings on. If not, we understand, your choice. Plain and simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Living in Texas now, I can give a sworn statement that Taco Bell is not good Mexican food. Period.
    I do enjoy Papasito's in TX though. They make a wonderful brainfreeze margarita.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    theog,...I personally cannot tell you how many times people have ripped me to shreads because they didn't "get" me and they later came back and thanked me for one thing or anoter...
    He's right....we rip him all the time....
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    I do enjoy Papasito's in TX though. They make a wonderful brainfreeze margarita.
    Good choice - but check with the locals - the best are barely in the phone book, much less no advertising.
    Talk about thread-crapping. Why is it that when certain people start posting about a certain religious group the thread always gets closed. I’m not bashing the mods here. I mean, they have to do something when certain people get… er… radical. But then, why not just ban the person?
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Talk about thread-crapping. Why is it that when certain people start posting about a certain religious group the thread always gets closed. I’m not bashing the mods here. I mean, they have to do something when certain people get… er… radical. But then, why not just ban the person?
    Censorship reflects a society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime.”Justice Potter Stewart

Oops, wrong thread...
    good quote (but you're still a homosapien)
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    good quote (but you're still a homosapien)
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou
    In NYC, the Taco Bell burittos are made by Puerto Ricans, who are citizens. In San Diego, they are made by illegal Mexicans and that is why they probably taste better
    I agree, but whether you close the thread or ban the user you're still censoring to some degree.