Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    And what would this color be?

Funny remarks from someone who was once himself banned for not being able to stay on topic.
    holy crap, one can be banned for an inability to stay on topic?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by justbrown522
    In case you didn't know, many or most college professors do not allow you to quote Wikipedia as a reliable source because it is just a collection of information put together by people like you or me. Sorry
    and Ward Churchill
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou
    I dont think it would be fair to discuss the "ways of the ban." As a member of that not so secret society, I just think that that's one topic that should truly have it's own thread.
    he's lucky, they flogged me
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    he's lucky, they flogged me
    Thats because you hate Americans.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Insertion & Gharrod, why is it that every time i log on, your running someone outta here .

Leave ol' Trundy alone, just remember, WWJD( what would justbrown do)

There's no way it can be true that you can be banned for not staying on topic. This place would be a ghost town.
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    Thats because you hate Americans.
    lol
    Insertion & Gharrod, why is it that every time i log on, your running someone outta here .

There's no way it can be true that you can be banned for not staying on topic. This place would be a ghost town.
    First we don't run people off. We challenge those who come in with wild claims and we joke with them if they have a sense of humor. We probably ignore most of the targets but sometimes they just have to be challenged or their stories get wilder by the moment.

I think ttrundle is our old buddy Trundy. But that is my opinion.

Munk, who was the old poster who was the Palm stock trader who got banned? I am trying to remember...ohhh wait, Seldomvisitor...I imagine he is here as one of these names we are "chasing off"...
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    I dont think it would be fair to discuss the "ways of the ban." As a member of that not so secret society, I just think that that's one topic that should truly have it's own thread.
    secret society? holy smokes batgirl...

You're such the self-promoter, jb. It's what would JOE do! that's what you gotta remember! just look at teh munk's avatar if you can't remember!! jb, you're my favorite future pitt alum. lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    secret society? holy smokes batgirl...
    ummm...I said not so secret
    ohhh I thought it was a secret society of not so's....
    excuse me...
    What's to explain?

Make fun of someone? If you're specifically refering to TampaJoe, you're free to intepret it as "making fun" of him. I say it's more an observation, but I have no problem with saying it's "making fun" if that's what you see it as.

In support of all my fellow Sprint users who are distraught over not getting the 700p first, I have set myself ablaze to protest the atrocity
    -Thich Quang Munk

Sorry Strauss, had to do it again.
    Munk - thanks for remembering...I understand the message...and appreciate your remembering...
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    I think Joe left us. I am watching FOX news right now to see if he is on there...nope, now MSNBC...nope, hmmmmm.... AHHH CNN, THERE HE IS! No, wait that's NancyGrace.
    Why were they banned, Mr. Munk?
    Well, I can tell you why I was banned.

I actually made positive post about the Treo, and I was banned without notice. It was surreal.

The actual story was that one of the mods had an axe to grind because he got called out by the TC community (including me) for some of his own posts. (It's a great story, but I will save it for another time.)

So I got served a little retribution because an ego got hurt. I petitioned Mark and got my account back.

Was it unfair? Sure.

But hey, what you going to do? Petty, childish things happen every day. Moderators are not immune from abusing thier power. Most here at TC as good, and there are a few that less so.

I moved on. Life is too short.
    ok, I can hear the crickets now...
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec

I actually made positive post about the Treo, and I was banned without notice. It was surreal.

The actual story was that one of the mods had an axe to grind because he got called out by the TC community (including me) for some of his own posts. (It's a great story, but I will save it for another time.)

So I got served a little retribution because an ego got hurt. I petitioned Mark and got my account back.

Was it unfair? Sure.

But hey, what you going to do? Petty, childish things happen every day. Moderators are not immune from abusing thier power. Most here at TC as good, and there are a few that less so.

You were obviously speaking using a fake french accent. It wasnt appreciated
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec

Was it unfair? Sure.

links ???

(how can we judge the french accent without hearing it for ourselves...)
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Why are the threads even labeled anymore?By the second or third response, someone's talking about taco's. Someone bring me information on why I have to wait longer for my 700p
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    Actually burritos not tacos.
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast