Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    It was only the 1GB. I needed an Apple fix until I can get the MacBook.

My opinion so far is iTunes 6 is great! BUT the Nano is so-so, I'm not that impressed. My computer speakers are better. Maybe it's the headphones. But I actually like hearing music better on the free dowloaded software than the iPod itself, go figure! And they weren't kidding when they said it's a smudge magnet! Well so much for that experiment. Maybe the hard drive ones sound better.

P.S. I'm also not as enthusiastic as everyone else seems to be about the touch wheel. I need to lock the wheel, one brush sometimes messes up things.

P.P.S. I think the earphones are the culprit. They don't always stay in my ear snuggly, but when they do, everything sounds OK.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 05/24/2006 at 06:17 AM. Reason: Nano update!
    I always thought the ipod headphones were pretty good?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

I was thinking of getting a nano if the 700p doesn't work out as well as i think it will for playing music. Would you rather have the ipod video instead if you had the choice again or just save the money and get nothing?
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    i love using my nano, I use it for podcasts mostly, and there's just no very easy way to get podcasts synced onto the Treo. I mean, I want 0 intervention in the matter. Itunes does that so well...

In all honesty, I don't think I like my nano or ipod as much as i like Itunes.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo

P.S. I'm also not as enthusiastic as everyone else seems to be about the touch wheel. I need to lock the wheel, one brush sometimes messes up things.
    Don't they have a "Hold" switch on the top?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  6.    #6  
    Yeah, I guess "Hold" is my only option to avoid accidentally scrolling. It became annoying when I really did need to change something, I had to remember it's on and turn it off
    Cellphones...iPods...MacBook...

I wish to marry you. How soon can you be in Vegas?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I always thought the ipod headphones were pretty good?

Cute avatar!

Yes, on my friend's hard drive one, everything sounded great to me. It was also the first or second generation and people seem to think the old ones were better all the way around.
    And they weren't kidding when they said it's a smudge magnet! Well so much for that experiment. Maybe the hard drive ones sound better.
    In a recent review (PC Mag, I think), the verdict was the Shuffle had the
    best sound quality (of all iPods).
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Cellphones...iPods...MacBook...

I wish to marry you. How soon can you be in Vegas?

Here's something funny. Remember that volume lawsuit in the other thread? I find the password option more annoying that just TURNING THE VOLUME DOWN! You have no choice but to fix a password when you set the volume in Settings.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by justbrown522
    I was thinking of getting a nano if the 700p doesn't work out as well as i think it will for playing music. Would you rather have the ipod video instead if you had the choice again or just save the money and get nothing?

I should have gotten a Cowon. I had a sneaky feeling the iPod may not live up to the hype. But if I get a Mac, at least I know I'll have no trouble. Anyone know what's supposed to be in the next releases?
    Cute avatar!

Yes, on my friend's hard drive one, everything sounded great to me. It was also the first or second generation and people seem to think the old ones were better all the way around.
    Interesting...my kids have been bugging me for new mp3 players.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

13.    #13  
    Are they begging for an iPod? I think the Nano is too delicate for kids(I believe they would scratch it up easily), maybe the video one is better. I think there are comparable or better players out there for the same money though. Only the iPod has no FM tuner and no line-in recording.
  14.    #14  
    One question. Any idea of how to move my iTunes library to a Mac without losing sound quality? I'm thinking back up everything on a good portable hard drive and transfer that way. Or burn a disc. Or if I just resync from an iPod, will the sound quality remain? I like the hard drive idea better, but what do you all think is best?

Here's something funny. Remember that volume lawsuit in the other thread? I find the password option more annoying that just TURNING THE VOLUME DOWN! You have no choice but to fix a password when you set the volume in Settings.
    Well she didn't say no to the proposal!
    One question. Any idea of how to move my iTunes library to a Mac without losing sound quality?
    Hard disk. You can't resync, like you can with a Treo, a library from an ipod..i think it's a security measure they implemented from the getgo to appease the RIAA. Just copy your music folders to a portaHD like you said and copy it over.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
  17.    #17  
    Thanks G!

I have another question. I noticed people seem to be buying earphones that cost as much as a new iPod(Nano and/or Video). Are these really worth it? What you do all think? Is it worth $160 - $300 for iPod earphones? If I'm going to spend that much, I might as well use them for the Treo and PPC too then! $300 is a lot for just iPod earphones, I think, considering the video iPod starts at $300 and the Nano starts at $150. If your earphones are the same price as, or more than the device, is that supposed to be the new norm now?
  18.    #18  
    I just read on Apple's site that you CAN transfer music via iPod if you make the iPod an external hard drive. BUT the catch is it must be to the same type, like Mac to Mac, due to formatting limitations. I will have to use an actual external hard drive.
    well, i waited to see if anybody has an answer for ladytreo before asking this but ...

Does anyone know, what is the closest thing to "ipod killer" software for windows mobile?
  20.    #20  
    OK, I've warmed up to it a bit, but I still wish it had line-in recording and an FM tuner. I did discover you can buy a seperate FM tuner and plug it into the iPod. But they really need to build it in for the next models. And I'm still searching for the perfect headphones. Got a pair of Sony's, I'll see how they do before I splurge on Shures.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast