Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I've had a Nano before, but I hate having to sync with iTunes. I prefer MP3 players that show up as removable storage devices and that you can simply drag your music into.

BUT, I also hate carrying multiple devices so right now my choices are to go with Mobiblu's tiny cube MP3 player or one of Samsung's small, color screen MP3 players.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    well, i waited to see if anybody has an answer for ladytreo before asking this but ...

Does anyone know, what is the closest thing to "ipod killer" software for windows mobile?
    Do you mean software to manage tunes on WM? If so, good question!
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    I've had a Nano before, but I hate having to sync with iTunes. I prefer MP3 players that show up as removable storage devices and that you can simply drag your music into.

BUT, I also hate carrying multiple devices so right now my choices are to go with Mobiblu's tiny cube MP3 player or one of Samsung's small, color screen MP3 players.

It actually does show up as a USB drive on XP. I wonder if I could try dragging and dropping.

I saw the Mobiblu, it's so cool!!! But I should have gotten Cowon. I had to fulfill my Apple hunger(because I had no money for the MacBook Pro, LOL), but I think the Nano is a bit overpriced for what you get. I should have just gotten the 30GB, but then I don't know if I will carry that much music around, which is why I went for the Nano instead.
    Yeah, it does show up as a USB drive, but dragging and dropping music doesn't work. It puts the music on the Nano, but doesn't show up when you look for it on the Nano itself. The only way to put playable and "listen-able" music on the Nano is to sync it with iTunes.
    I bought some Sony buds for about $40 and the sound is MUCH better than with the Apple ones. I also read that the older Ipods had better sound quality than the newer ones but you would have to be an Audiophile to know the difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    but I think the Nano is a bit overpriced for what you get
    Compared to the 30GB yes, but not compared to other MP3 flash-based players (especially at the time of its release) and especially not when you compare the physical size & weight of each.

I have the 30GB also and I just never really needed the capacity, and especially since I'm mostly about the podcasts..

To handle the size, I created a Smart Playlist that fills my nano, up to 3.7GB worth, automatically filling it based on items in my library according to the date added, so it keeps the most recently added 3.7GB worth of music/casts.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
  7.    #27  
    Anyone here live in Chicago and take public transportation? iPod ads everywhere!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12