Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #1  
    He is one of the reasons Dems get such a bad label, alot like some repubs. He stands for everything, yet nothing @ the same time. He goes where the political winds blow, whatever he thinks may look good to the voters, he does.


    Source: The Stamford Advocate

    Lamont captures third of Democratic delegates

    By Neil Vigdor
    Staff Writer

    Published May 20 2006


    HARTFORD -- In a vote that many Democrats viewed as a referendum on his unflagging support of the Iraq war, U.S. Sen. Joseph Lieberman won his party's nomination last night for a fourth term but could not avoid a summer primary against anti-war candidate Ned Lamont of Greenwich.

    Lieberman, 64, who was first elected in 1988, captured 1,004 delegates compared with Lamont's 504 at the Connecticut Expo Center, where many in the sea of delegates shouted "bring them home" in reference to American troops in Iraq.

    -snip-
  2. #2  
    He's a DLC republicrat and I can't wait until he's gone!
  3. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    He's a DLC republicrat and I can't wait until he's gone!
    I don't want to get too far into labels, but, he is the epitome of 'Politician'. Kissing the baby, all the while stealing the candy.
  4. #4  
    Yup...genius... Just get rid of all the centrists in the party. That's the ticket!
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  5. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Yup...genius... Just get rid of all the centrists in the party. That's the ticket!
    I take it you did not read my post?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    I take it you did not read my post?

    I wasn't referring to you...

    In any case, these "DLC" Dems are the only one who seem to know how to win a national election. The leftwingers think they can fall off their cliff and completely ignore the center...well they're wrong. The DLC got Clinton the pres before. Either party that will ignore the center will never win...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  7. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    I wasn't referring to you...

    In any case, these "DLC" Dems are the only one who seem to know how to win a national election. The left wingers think they can fall off their cliff and completely ignore the center...well they're wrong. The DLC got Clinton the pres before. Either party that will ignore the center will never win...
    Oh, sorry. Hard to distinguish w/ no quotes. Most uniformed people would be lead to believe that Joe is center, when in fact he is nothing more than a panderer. While I agree w/ you ignoring the center is no way to get elected, cause this is where most of the country resides issue wise. There is the issue about how the DLC goes about winning those votes. This aspect of the DLC could be debated.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Oh, sorry. Hard to distinguish w/ no quotes. Most uniformed people would be lead to believe that Joe is center, when in fact he is nothing more than a panderer. While I agree w/ you ignoring the center is no way to get elected, cause this is where most of the country resides issue wise. There is the issue about how the DLC goes about winning those votes. This aspect of the DLC could be debated.
    though I strenously disagree with him on Iraq, how he acted during the 2000 Florida recount, and other issues -- I don't know of the pandering or corruption that you accuse him of ( show me some examples).
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    I wasn't referring to you...

    In any case, these "DLC" Dems are the only one who seem to know how to win a national election. The leftwingers think they can fall off their cliff and completely ignore the center...well they're wrong. The DLC got Clinton the pres before. Either party that will ignore the center will never win...
    generally I more or less agree -- I want the dems to regain a majority in both the Senate and House --- and if someone is able to defeat their opponent in their district or state i will embrace them whatever their beliefs for now.

    In Pennsylvania mediocre anti antiabortion democrat (casey) is going up against Santorum.

    I become nauseus thinking about Casey -- I can't believe that no one better or more progressive wasn't available -- and in the end I sure hope he beats Santurum. That race more than any other for me makes me doubt the value of conventional real-politik strategy ...
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    generally I more or less agree -- I want the dems to regain a majority in both the Senate and House --- and if someone is able to defeat their opponent in their district or state i will embrace them whatever their beliefs for now.

    In Pennsylvania mediocre anti antiabortion democrat (casey) is going up against Santorum.

    I become nauseus thinking about Casey -- I can't believe that no one better or more progressive wasn't available -- and in the end I sure hope he beats Santurum. That race more than any other for me makes me doubt the value of conventional real-politik strategy ...
    As much as I want the House and Senate back to bring some contol to this runaway insanity, Lieberman can go.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    As much as I want the House and Senate back to bring some contol to this runaway insanity, Lieberman can go.
    Why is this? (If you've brought it up in another thread, point me there)
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Why is this? (If you've brought it up in another thread, point me there)
  13. #13  
    Lieberman. Why do you dislike him any more than anyone else?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Lieberman. Why do you dislike him any more than anyone else?
    He's been a thorn in the side of the Dems in regards to dealing with Iraq and basically sucking up to this administration like a drunken Guckert/Gannon.
  15. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    though I strenously disagree with him on Iraq, how he acted during the 2000 Florida recount, and other issues -- I don't know of the pandering or corruption that you accuse him of ( show me some examples).
    No corruption, sorry did not mean to lead you that way. I meant pandering in the sense of votes.
  16. #16  
    This thread just makes me smile.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    This thread just makes me smile.
    glad to have helped put a little air beneath your heels, hoovs
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    He's been a thorn in the side of the Dems in regards to dealing with Iraq and basically sucking up to this administration like a drunken Guckert/Gannon.
    Don't think you should invoke the image of "drunken" in the party of the Kennedy family.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.

Posting Permissions