Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I read the book and liked it. Saw the movie and its just about OK. The main problem in the movie is that everything happens so fast the puzzles and codes appear to be too easy! I didn't like the technique of using visual tools for all the explanations. The book explains things better.
    Prio Treo
    Unlocked Unbranded Treo 650 on T-Mobile-T-Zone
    Never read the book, and thought the movie kinda lame and too long. IMO, Ian McKellen was the only good thing in the whole movie...

Anyway, had to pass a bunch of bible thumping protestors outside the movie theater as well...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I am off to see it here in a few.
    Never read the book. Saw the movie yesterday and I kinda got lost. Things happen too fast and there a lot of twists and turns. It's like you gotta be 100% focused on the movie to understand what's going on. Unfortunately for me, I was just 90% focused. I had to read and reply to important emails on my Treo during the movie.
    Wife and I saw the movie last Saturday and we were flown away by the content. We are buying the DVD once it comes out because there were things that got me puzzled and confused at times. It was like the Matrix Reloaded. I think that is probably why they made it like that, so that you buy the DVD.

Al
  6.    #26  
    Well, as I suspected, several folks are comparing it to the clue based mystery/action flick National Treasure. Taht movie was easier to foloow, and you can get lost in The Da Vinci Code fi you haven't read the book. You have to shortcut a lot of the book in 2 1/2 hours, but overall, it was pretty true to the book given the time constraints. Won't win any Academy Award nods, but entertaining fiction.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  7. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Won't win any Academy Award nods, but entertaining fiction.
    I got a pen stylus that says it will. Maybe not by you, but you know it will. I mean for goodness sake it has got Tom Hanks, and it was directed by Ron Howard.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    I got a pen stylus that says it will. Maybe not by you, but you know it will. I mean for goodness sake it has got Tom Hanks, and it was directed by Ron Howard.
    I don't think so. The acting was rather wooden, and the topic wasn't "forced" on the viewer enough to engage the Hollywood elite as being anti-christian. I know that sounds cynical, but look at all the buzz about Brokeback Mountain.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    I couldn't decide between watching the Davinci Code or Poseiden. I found the Davinci movie a little long and drawn out and confusing, especially towards the end. Maybe I should have read the book first! At the ending scene, where the crowd comes out to tell (the person) we are here to protect you, I thought to myself, where were you guys earlier when all the mayhem was happening? No protection happening then! Hopefully, I didn't spoil any plots here.

CC
  10. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    I don't think so. The acting was rather wooden, and the topic wasn't "forced" on the viewer enough to engage the Hollywood elite as being anti-christian. I know that sounds cynical, but look at all the buzz about Brokeback Mountain.
    I won't claim to know Hollywood, but I do know that it works a bit on favoritism. And yes I agree w/ your assesment of the movie's acting and topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Never read the book, and thought the movie kinda lame and too long. IMO, Ian McKellen was the only good thing in the whole movie...

Anyway, had to pass a bunch of bible thumping protestors outside the movie theater as well...
    Where? Did it make the news?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12