Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33
  1. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Excuse my comment then.

    Off the top of my head, I would be in favor of the gitmo prisoners being charged publicly with something and given a speedy trial. Whether a military trial would be acceptable I'm not sure of the details.
    It's cool

    In my opinon, if they are not US citizens and are charged with terrorist activities a military trial would be appropriate. Many have been formally charged and are being tried by military courts.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt and maybe he saw it in the full UN report, it seems he is pretty well connected with them.
    huh? give me the benefit of the doubt? it is your post lol
    Last edited by theBlaze74; 05/19/2006 at 06:11 PM.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    It's cool

    In my opinon, if they are not US citizens and are charged with terrorist activities a military trial would be appropriate. Many have been formally charged and are being tried by military courts.
    Classifying them as enemy combatants allows the US to hold them indefinitely without trial. I would prefer we follow the recommendations of this UN Report.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    It's cool

    In my opinon, if they are not US citizens and are charged with terrorist activities a military trial would be appropriate. Many have been formally charged and are being tried by military courts.
    well that would be nice

    i am sure some of the prisoners there would like a trial also

    perhaps when we get a new president

    also, the fact that they're in guantanamo does not mean they're not american citizens
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Classifying them as enemy combatants allows the US to hold them indefinitely without trial. I would prefer we follow the recommendations of this UN Report.
    I wouldn't exactly say "allows".
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    ...the fact that they're in guantanamo does not mean they're not american citizens
    See what smoking crack can do. What gives you the idea that they have become American citizens
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    See what smoking crack can do. What gives you the idea that they have become American citizens
    Don't feel I need to respond as long as you're using hatefull, childish, personal attacks. Look it up.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    ...Look it up.
    Once again...nothing to look up.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  9. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    huh? give me the benefit of the doubt? it is your post lol
    My post???? It is like talking to a 3 year old. Here is your quote

    "The U.N. panel on torture called for the closing of that prision too? "

    Why do you have such a hard time remembering what you wrote? All you have to do is scoll up or down and find your avatar and read what you said.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  10. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    well that would be nice

    i am sure some of the prisoners there would like a trial also

    perhaps when we get a new president

    also, the fact that they're in guantanamo does not mean they're not american citizens
    When you see the word if it has a meaning.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  11. #31  
    BUSH: KEEP GUANTANAMO OPEN, CLOSE U.N.

    Calls Conditions at World Body ‘Intolerable’

    Days after a United Nations panel issued a report roundly criticizing practices at the U.S. detention center at Guantanamo, President George W. Bush said today that the Guantanamo facility should remain open but that the United Nations should be closed.

    Mr. Bush’s plan to keep Guantanamo open but close the United Nations seemed likely to fall far short of the recommendations that the U.N. panel put forth.

    But at a press briefing at the White House, the president remained steadfast in his position that the U.N. should be closed, calling conditions there “intolerable and possibly in violation of the Geneva Conventions.”

    “The United Nations regularly issues reports, which we are then forced to read,” Mr. Bush said. “This practice of making us read things is tantamount to torture.”

    “Day in, day out, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations is forced to listen to the endless ramblings of foreigners, many of whom do not speak English at all,” Mr. Bush continued. “He is forced to wear those ear-thingies in his ears to understand them, and after hours of having those on, his ears start to hurt bad.”

    Mr. Bush said that the United Nations has carried out other inhumane practices for years, including “making people get resolutions approved before they can go and invade other countries.”

    The president concluded his remarks by congratulating Iraq on forming a new government, adding, “Now it is your duty to do what all governments must do: eavesdrop on your people.”

    Elsewhere, after scientists said that chimps and humans are more closely related than originally thought, the National Security Agency announced that it would begin eavesdropping on chimps.
    Palm m505 -> Treo600 (GSM ATT) -> Treo650 (Cingular) -> BB8700g -> BB Pearl
    "The point of living and of being an optimist, is to be foolish enough to believe the best is yet to come."
  12.    #32  
    hey you should put an eye-roll smiley on that thing before some posters jump on the bandwagon
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    hey you should put an eye-roll smiley on that thing before some posters jump on the bandwagon
    nahh - the posters on TC are a lot smarter than that!!
    Palm m505 -> Treo600 (GSM ATT) -> Treo650 (Cingular) -> BB8700g -> BB Pearl
    "The point of living and of being an optimist, is to be foolish enough to believe the best is yet to come."
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions