Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    I realize you are hung up on the word. There is nothing about the definition of it that excludes two adults who want to make that exclusive commitment to each other.

(This thread brought to you by Karl Rove and his instant action item off gay marriage)

Words have meaning...

I have no problem with a life commitment recognised by the state or a "marriage" in ones on faith if recognised by that faith.

I do not think the Government has any business messing with it. I actually thing we should equalise between gay and hetero unions as far as taxes. There should be no reward for straight or gay couples. Why am I rewarded on my taxes for being married?

I don't think you understand me at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Words have meaning...

I have no problem with a life commitment recognised by the state or a "marriage" in ones on faith if recognised by that faith.

I do not think the Government has any business messing with it. I actually thing we should equalise between gay and hetero unions as far as taxes. There should be no reward for straight or gay couples. Why am I rewarded on my taxes for being married?

I don't think you understand me at all.
    I understand you. But the fact is the gov't calls it a "marriage license". Now if you want (as mentioned above) to change the gov't license to civil union license and reserve the word marriage for your precious religios ceremonies, fine.

But no whining when less limited religions have gay marriage ceremonies.
    Hey da....

I waiting for that. You cannot change this homosexual marriage issue into a racial issue.

You are trying to turn my non acceptance of homosexual behavior into racism.

Is that the best your Devilcrat thought process can come up with?

Do you really believe that homosexual behavior and Black people are in the same category?

Or is it that you simply think if someone dosen't agree with your Devilcrat agenda, they are racist?

Chuck

EDIT:

This proves what I said ealier, that the homosexuals want their behavior listed as a race to force people to accept it under the civil rights act.
    Last edited by chckhbrt; 05/18/2006 at 06:43 PM.
    ... Why am I rewarded on my taxes for being married? ...
    I agree with you on that -- what about the tax subsidy for having babies ??
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by chckhbrt
    Hey da....

I waiting for that. You cannot change this homosexual marriage issue into a racial issue.

You are trying to turn my non acceptance of homosexual behavior into racism.

Is that the best your Devilcrat thought process can come up with?

Do you really believe that homosexual behavior and Black people are in the same category?

Or is it that you simply think if someone dosen't agree with your Devilcrat agenda, they are racist?

Chuck
    Yes, I know you want to believe that. It's simply not true.

"The progesterone derivative 4,16-androstadien-3-one (AND) and the estrogen-like steroid estra-1,3,5(10),16-tetraen-3-ol (EST) are candidate compounds for human pheromones. In previous positron emission tomography studies, we found that smelling AND and EST activated regions primarily incorporating the sexually dimorphic nuclei of the anterior hypothalamus, that this activation was differentiated with respect to sex and compound, and that homosexual men processed AND congruently with heterosexual women rather than heterosexual men. These observations indicate involvement of the anterior hypothalamus in physiological processes related to sexual orientation in humans. We expand the information on this issue in the present study by performing identical positron emission tomography experiments on 12 lesbian women. In contrast to heterosexual women, lesbian women processed AND stimuli by the olfactory networks and not the anterior hypothalamus. Furthermore, when smelling EST, they partly shared activation of the anterior hypothalamus with heterosexual men. These data support our previous results about differentiated processing of pheromone-like stimuli in humans and further strengthen the notion of a coupling between hypothalamic neuronal circuits and sexual preferences."

Are you motivated to vote in 6 months now?
    Now substitute "negro" for "homosexual" and the racial slur of your choice for "limp wristed" and tell me how that sounds.
    Turn replace "birthday" with "Hitlerday" in the popular birthday song. That changes the meaning too. You don't make any sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Turn replace "birthday" with "Hitlerday" in the popular birthday song. That changes the meaning too. You don't make any sense.
    I think it makes a little more sense than that.
    I think it makes a little more sense than that.
    I don't think so. It's an effective way to argue, but it isn't logical.
    Now substitute "negro" for "homosexual" and the racial slur of your choice for "limp wristed" and tell me how that sounds.
    Hey da...

My last reply was in reference to this bulls**t.

Not the drawn out bulls**t you just posted.

Chuck
    Chuck
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    I don't think so. It's an effective way to argue, but it isn't logical.

It's completely logical. The subject is which group will you deny rights to based on their biological condition.
    But no whining when less limited religions have gay marriage ceremonies.
    Can you read...you are as close minded as you claim others to be.

Read again what I wrote...

Rove has used gay marriage to motivate the religious conservative right to get out and vote for quite a while now. I think there are at least 10 states in 2006 with anti-gay marriage measures on the ballots. It's the party of hate.

I've actually read a quote from Bush W. when they were using the homophobe tactic to beat Ann Richards stating he did not like singling out homosexuals, however, he still allowed it to happen in his name, and any discussion of a constitutional ammendment too.
    I take serious issue with your blatant left-wing liberal and unthoughtful umbrella statement about "the party of hate". Who the h*ll do you think you are?
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle
    I take serious issue with your blatant left-wing liberal and unthoughtful umbrella statement about "the party of hate". Who the h*ll do you think you are?
    that wasn't as nice as I put it but I agree completely.
    Quote Originally Posted by chckhbrt
    Not the drawn out bulls**t you just posted.
    Yea, that scientific research sure is drawn out bull****e.

To summarize the abstract which ironically is a summary, the research showed differences in how straight versus gay women's brains processed the same stimulus. That's biological or do you think they are making a choice for their brain to react differently?
    Can you read...you are as close minded as you claim others to be.

Read again what I wrote...
    Read again what I wrote, it matters not what your religion does, that's a private institution which the gov't can force nothing upon. What matters is what the gov't calls it, civil union license or marraige license?
    that wasn't as nice as I put it but I agree completely.
    well, it's what came out of my mouth...I mean fingers like 2 seconds after reading his post
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle

And again, in this thread, I will state, the party that trots out active discrimination of a minority of the population by the majority to motivate the base to get to the polls, is a party of hate.

Take issue with that party's election tactics.
    Yes, I know you want to believe that. It's simply not true.

"The progesterone derivative 4,16-androstadien-3-one (AND) and the estrogen-like steroid estra-1,3,5(10),16-tetraen-3-ol (EST) are candidate compounds for human pheromones. In previous positron emission tomography studies, we found that smelling AND and EST activated regions primarily incorporating the sexually dimorphic nuclei of the anterior hypothalamus, that this activation was differentiated with respect to sex and compound, and that homosexual men processed AND congruently with heterosexual women rather than heterosexual men. These observations indicate involvement of the anterior hypothalamus in physiological processes related to sexual orientation in humans. We expand the information on this issue in the present study by performing identical positron emission tomography experiments on 12 lesbian women. In contrast to heterosexual women, lesbian women processed AND stimuli by the olfactory networks and not the anterior hypothalamus. Furthermore, when smelling EST, they partly shared activation of the anterior hypothalamus with heterosexual men. These data support our previous results about differentiated processing of pheromone-like stimuli in humans and further strengthen the notion of a coupling between hypothalamic neuronal circuits and sexual preferences."

Are you motivated to vote in 6 months now?

Hey da...

The above bulls**t doesn't get you out of the bulls**t statement below

Quote:
    Now substitute "negro" for "homosexual" and the racial slur of your choice for "limp wristed" and tell me how that sounds.Quote:

Explain the above statement.

How does my non acceptance of homosexual behavior equal racism.

Chuck
    And again, in this thread, I will state, the party that trots out active discrimination of a minority of the population by the majority to motivate the base to get to the polls, is a party of hate.

Take issue with that party's election tactics.
    wow, you say that as if it's fact. Quite simply it's your opinion and yet you took the low road.
    its uplifting to discover how much islamic intolerance and christian intolerance has in common....
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast