1.    #1  
    Trojan Horse: My intent is to rescue the word faith from those who have high-jacked it.

In business dealings, the phrase "in good faith" is used to communicate the presumption that each party makes commitments that he/she/it is both willing and able to deliver.

In the service industry, a "good faith estimate" is one in which the service provider delivers a firm price proposal based upon a thorough assssment, an accurate diagnosis, and a recommendation that is in the best interest of the client.

In each of these scenarios, we see one party relying on the promise of another, with the full expectation of fulfillment in the future. This is faith. To expect anything other than what has been stipulated and agreed to is presumption.
    Not to nit pick, but both of the phrases imply that there are certain conditions, facts, or stipulations which will occur in the future that are unknown to the parties at the time they make their original committments. It is more than just sticking to your actual bargain; its a willingness to conduct oneself as these unknown conditions arise in the "spirit" of the original transaction.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Not to nit pick, but both of the phrases imply that there are certain conditions, facts, or stipulations which will occur in the future that are unknown to the parties at the time they make their original committments. It is more than just sticking to your actual bargain; its a willingness to conduct oneself as these unknown conditions arise in the "spirit" of the original transaction.
    Indeed. Point taken.
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim
    Trojan Horse: My intent is to rescue the word faith from those who have high-jacked it.
    I am very pleased to see you embracing your TH approach.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxtreo
    I am very pleased to see you embracing your TH approach.
    lol