Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 60
  1.    #1  


    (CNN)
    -- In a new poll comparing President Bush's job performance with that of his predecessor, a strong majority of respondents said President Clinton outperformed Bush on a host of issues.

    The poll of 1,021 adult Americans was conducted May 5-7 by Opinion Research Corp. for CNN. It had a margin of sampling error of plus or minus 3 percentage points.

    Respondents favored Clinton by greater than 2-to-1 margins when asked who did a better job at handling the economy (63 percent Clinton, 26 percent Bush) and solving the problems of ordinary Americans (62 percent Clinton, 25 percent Bush). (Watch whether Americans are getting nostalgic for the Clinton era -- 1:57)

    http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/05/....clinton.poll/
  2. #2  
    Then why is our unemployment rate as low as it is? Then why is our economy as strong as it is? Then why did Clinton not do a damn thing when we were attacked by terrorists? Clinton's real contribution was to show real abuse of personal power over you now who. When Clinton left office were were on the brink of a recession. When Clinton was in office, his cabinet did not have the diversity that the Bush cabinet has.

    If you call that performance, then Clinton sure as hell out performed. I see it as more crap 'cause the democratic party is still pissed that Yeller lost the election. Gore, what a man. Gore, what a looser. Gore, what has he done? I can't remember.

    Ben
  3. #3  
    Not that I care for ether of the two but I do clearly recall repubs blasting Clinton when he was launching missles after Osama claiming he was just trying to divert attention from Lewinsky. I know my memory is not faulty cause just read it again in 9/11 Commission Report. And as for the recession....what happens to a company's stock when word gets out that the CEO who turned things around announces he is leaving ?

    They are both liars....Clinton lied to his wife, and Bush lied to the country.
  4. #4  
    Then if Bush lied to the country, did Clinton also lie to the country over the same thing? Clinton's administration also stated publically that Iraq has weapons of mass destruction. Remember that? It was under Clinton's administration that regime change became the thing for Iraq. Additionally, the missles launched by Clinton were not intended to do anything serious - look what they hit. Look what the consequences were.

    Again, the democrats are pissed that Yeller lost the election.

    Ben
  5. #5  
    emotions rule some people and facts hold know meaning for them.
  6. #6  
    I think that its still a little premature to start comparing the two.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I think that its still a little premature to start comparing the two.
    Clinton left us prosperous and peaceful.

    Our economy was solid, he'd successfully handled the asian montetary crisis, the russian monetary crisis, and Y2K.

    And he lowered interest rates and unemployment by doing the exact thing that the repugs pretend like they always want -- by paying down our national debt.

    We actually had a national budget surplus, and the lowest unemployment ever -- all while he shifted the tax burden toward the more fortunate.

    Compare to the jerk juniors tax "cut" passed last week that saves $42,000 for millionaires, and $20 for those earning less than $50K
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    Clinton left us prosperous and peaceful.

    Our economy was solid, he'd successfully handled the asian montetary crisis, the russian monetary crisis, and Y2K.

    And he lowered interest rates and unemployment by doing the exact thing that the repugs pretend like they always want -- by paying down our national debt.

    We actually had a national budget surplus, and the lowest unemployment ever -- all while he shifted the tax burden toward the more fortunate.

    Compare to the jerk juniors tax "cut" passed last week that saves $42,000 for millionaires, and $20 for those earning less than $50K
    Clinton left us in a recession. FACT!!

    You cannot have a surplus in a business that is in the red. There was NO surplus.

    Unemployment is lower now.

    Millionaires create jobs. Why punish the producers? Have you read the constitution?
    wow....emotions rule
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Clinton left us in a recession. FACT!!
    you might want to reconsult your wegi board.

    junior ran for prez promising to make the golden Clinton times even better.

    He was going to cut taxes and make the budget surplus bigger and unemployment even lower.

    junior was elected in November 2000.

    The recession began in APRIL 2001 -- 6 months after the economy and the markets digested his nonsense economic plans.

    he later had 9/11 as his ultimate excuse for why our national debt has had diarrhea -- maybe even dysentery under him (as it were...)

    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    You cannot have a surplus in a business that is in the red. There was NO surplus.
    save the comedy for the professionals ...
    Last edited by BARYE; 05/13/2006 at 12:45 AM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Not that I care for ether of the two but I do clearly recall repubs blasting Clinton when he was launching missles after Osama claiming he was just trying to divert attention from Lewinsky. I know my memory is not faulty cause just read it again in 9/11 Commission Report.
    There were several terrorist attacks in his term. Clinton did nothing in response to the USS Cole bombing.

    They are both liars....Clinton lied to his wife, and Bush lied to the country.
    Clinton has admitted that he lied repeatedly, not just to his wife, but to his staff and Cabinet, Congress, and the American people. As for Bush, I don't know what you could possibly be talking about. Please back up your statements with facts. Thank you.
  11. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    Then why is our unemployment rate as low as it is? Then why is our economy as strong as it is? Then why did Clinton not do a damn thing when we were attacked by terrorists? Clinton's real contribution was to show real abuse of personal power over you now who. When Clinton left office were were on the brink of a recession. When Clinton was in office, his cabinet did not have the diversity that the Bush cabinet has.

    If you call that performance, then Clinton sure as hell out performed. I see it as more crap 'cause the democratic party is still pissed that Yeller lost the election. Gore, what a man. Gore, what a looser. Gore, what has he done? I can't remember.

    Ben
    Damn it man!!! Your posts are so full of hate and ignorance, you are the first person to achieve an ignore status from me. Good god!
    Last edited by NRG; 05/15/2006 at 11:43 PM.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    Clinton left us prosperous and peaceful.
    Arguably prosperous.

    But peaceful? Only by ignoring or missing many growing threats... Al Qaeda was continuing attacks on US interests while growing and training. The Taliban was supporting them overtly, while other nations were permitting them to stay active. AQ Khan was spreading nuclear technology. Iran, North Korea, and Libya, perhaps among others, were working on nuclear programs.

    It's not all Clinton's fault, but let's be real. The world was a more dangerous place by the time he left. With perfect hindsight, we know that we'd be safer today if he had taken action back then.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim
    Arguably prosperous.

    But peaceful? Only by ignoring or missing many growing threats... Al Qaeda was continuing attacks on US interests while growing and training. The Taliban was supporting them overtly, while other nations were permitting them to stay active. AQ Khan was spreading nuclear technology. Iran, North Korea, and Libya, perhaps among others, were working on nuclear programs.

    It's not all Clinton's fault, but let's be real. The world was a more dangerous place by the time he left. With perfect hindsight, we know that we'd be safer today if he had taken action back then.
    Action like bombing Al Qaeda camps while the right wing was crying it was a distraction from lewinsky?

    Or action like saying...

    Quote Originally Posted by G W Bush
    "I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
    - G.W. Bush, 3/13/02
    Then pulling our troops out of Afghanistan and sending them to look for "evil do'ers" in Iraq.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Action like bombing Al Qaeda camps while the right wing was crying it was a distraction from lewinsky?
    No. Action like coordinating intelligence services across the world to track down and capture al Qaeda operatives. Action like putting real pressure on our supposed allies in the region, like Pakistan, Qatar, and Saudi Arabia, to stop allowing al Qaeda to move and recruit freely. Action like giving the Taliban an ultimatum to stop protecting al Qaeda, and backing that up with a military invasion.

    Shooting missiles into mostly empty training camps is all about tit-for-tat, sending a "message." They know it's coming. After the USS Cole attack, bin Laden went off to hide in anticipation of the retaliatory strike that never happened. Part of the reason we never responded was that Clinton concluded it was really pointless.

    Regarding the nuclear threat... action like pressuring Pakistan to put a stop to AQ Khan's nuclear proliferation network.

    Ask me why it's so easy to list the things that Clinton might have done.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim
    Action like coordinating intelligence services across the world to track down and capture al Qaeda operatives. Action like putting real pressure on our supposed allies in the region, like Pakistan, Qatar, and Saudi Arabia, to stop allowing al Qaeda to move and recruit freely. Action like giving the Taliban an ultimatum to stop protecting al Qaeda, and backing that up with a military invasion.
    Ah, I see. Sounds like the actions Richard Clark was attempting to discuss with George W the first year of his presidency.

    That discussion happened September 14, 2001, with thousands buried under a pile of rubble. During the discussion, George W asked Clarke to find out if Saddam did it.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Ah, I see. Sounds like the actions Richard Clark was attempting to discuss with George W the first year of his presidency.
    So you're trying to give Clinton credit by proxy for all the right things that Bush did in his first year in office? lol You're brilliant.
  17. #17  
    Cinton's poll outperformed Lewinsky's Bush. 63% got on her blue dress.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim
    So you're trying to give Clinton credit by proxy for all the right things that Bush did in his first year in office?
    I am? lol, wow your crazy
  19. #19  
    wow my crazy?
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim
    wow my crazy?
    how's this ... wow, you're juvenile
    Last edited by theBlaze74; 05/13/2006 at 01:42 PM.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions