Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This was not, I REPEAT WAS NOT, authored by Robin Williams, but attributed to him in a circulating internet joke email - however it so captured my feelings I thought I'd bring it here to my friends for their thoughts and amusement:

You gotta love Robin Williams......
    Even if he's nuts!
    Leave it to Robin Williams to come up with the perfect plan
    What we need now is for our UN Ambassador to stand up
    And repeat this message.

Robin Williams' plan...

(Hard to argue with this logic!)

"I see a lot of people yelling for peace
    But I have not heard of a plan for
    Peace. So, here's one plan."

1) "The US will apologize to the world for our "interference" in their affairs, Past & present. You know, Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Tojo, Noriega, Milosevic, Hussein, And the rest of those "good ole boys", we will never "interfere" again.

2) We will withdraw our troops from all over the world, starting with Germany, South Korea, the Middle East, and the Philippines. They don't want us there. We would station troops at our borders. No one allowed sneaking through holes in the fence.

3) All illegal aliens have 90 days to get their affairs together and leave
    We'll give them a free trip home. After 90 days the remainder will be gathered up and deported immediately, Regardless of whom or where they are. They're illegal!!! France will welcome them.

4) All future visitors will be thoroughly checked and limited to 90 days unless given a special permit!!!! No one from a terrorist nation will be allowed in. If you don't like it there, change it yourself and don't hide here. Asylum would never be available to anyone. We don't need any more cab drivers or 7-11 cashiers.

5) No foreign "students" over age 21. The older ones are the bombers. If they don't attend classes, they get a "D" and it's back home baby.

6) The US will make a strong effort To become self-sufficient energy wise. This will include developing nonpolluting sources of energy but will require a temporary drilling of oil in the Alaskan wilderness. The caribou will have to cope for a while

7) Offer Saudi Arabia and other oil producing countries $10 a barrel for their oil. If they don't like it, we'll go someplace else. They can go somewhere else to sell their production. (About a week of the wells filling up the storage sites would be enough.)

8) If there is a famine or other natural catastrophe in the world, we will not "interfere." They can pray to Allah or whomever, for seeds, rain, cement or whatever they need. Besides most of us know that what we give them is stolen or given to the army. The people who need it most get very little, if anything.

9) Ship the UN Headquarters to an isolated island someplace. We don't need the spies and fair weather friends here. Besides, the building would make a good homeless shelter or lockup for illegal aliens.

10) All Americans must go to charm and beauty school. That way, no one can call us "Ugly Americans" any longer.

11) The Language we speak is ENGLISH...learn it...or LEAVE...

Now, isn't that a winner of a plan?

The Statue of Liberty is no longer
    Saying "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses.
    She's got a baseball bat and she's yelling, 'you want a piece of me?' "

Last edited by dstrauss; 05/11/2006 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Better Descriptive Title
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  2.    #2  
    Don't you just hate it when you get on someone(s) ignore list?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    This was not, I REPEAT WAS NOT, authored by Robin Williams, but attributed to him in a circulating internet joke email - however it so captured my feelings I thought I'd bring it here to my friends for their thoughts and amusement:

You gotta love Robin Williams......
    Even if he's nuts!
    Leave it to Robin Williams to come up with the perfect plan
    What we need now is for our UN Ambassador to stand up
    And repeat this message.

Robin Williams' plan...

(Hard to argue with this logic!)

"I see a lot of people yelling for peace
    But I have not heard of a plan for
    Peace. So, here's one plan."

1) "The US will apologize to the world for our "interference" in their affairs, Past & present. You know, Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Tojo, Noriega, Milosevic, Hussein, And the rest of those "good ole boys", we will never "interfere" again.

2) We will withdraw our troops from all over the world, starting with Germany, South Korea, the Middle East, and the Philippines. They don't want us there. We would station troops at our borders. No one allowed sneaking through holes in the fence.

3) All illegal aliens have 90 days to get their affairs together and leave
    We'll give them a free trip home. After 90 days the remainder will be gathered up and deported immediately, Regardless of whom or where they are. They're illegal!!! France will welcome them.

4) All future visitors will be thoroughly checked and limited to 90 days unless given a special permit!!!! No one from a terrorist nation will be allowed in. If you don't like it there, change it yourself and don't hide here. Asylum would never be available to anyone. We don't need any more cab drivers or 7-11 cashiers.

5) No foreign "students" over age 21. The older ones are the bombers. If they don't attend classes, they get a "D" and it's back home baby.

6) The US will make a strong effort To become self-sufficient energy wise. This will include developing nonpolluting sources of energy but will require a temporary drilling of oil in the Alaskan wilderness. The caribou will have to cope for a while

7) Offer Saudi Arabia and other oil producing countries $10 a barrel for their oil. If they don't like it, we'll go someplace else. They can go somewhere else to sell their production. (About a week of the wells filling up the storage sites would be enough.)

8) If there is a famine or other natural catastrophe in the world, we will not "interfere." They can pray to Allah or whomever, for seeds, rain, cement or whatever they need. Besides most of us know that what we give them is stolen or given to the army. The people who need it most get very little, if anything.

9) Ship the UN Headquarters to an isolated island someplace. We don't need the spies and fair weather friends here. Besides, the building would make a good homeless shelter or lockup for illegal aliens.

10) All Americans must go to charm and beauty school. That way, no one can call us "Ugly Americans" any longer.

11) The Language we speak is ENGLISH...learn it...or LEAVE...

Now, isn't that a winner of a plan?

The Statue of Liberty is no longer
    Saying "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses.
    She's got a baseball bat and she's yelling, 'you want a piece of me?' "

That is a pretty good one. Of course some will have their feelings hurt
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Good Plan, but there's too much common sense, and not enough politicians.
    But I think we can still tax it.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    That is a pretty good one. Of course some will have their feelings hurt
    Well, when we were kids and scraped our knee falling off our bikes, there were momma's who picked some up, kiss them and hugged them, got out the gauss and tape and bandaged the wound, then gave them cookies and milk and told them to sit on the couch and watch Rocky & Bullwinkle for the rest of the afternoon until daddy got home so he can put some good 'ol training wheels on that mean 'ol bike...

Then there were mom's who slapped on a band aid and said get back out there and learn to ride...

Guess you know which camp I came from.
    Then there were those who had no moms....or bike for that matter.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Cute, but not Robin Williams.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/williams.asp

We Robin Williams don't know who is responsible for the piece quoted above, but it definitely wasn't actor/comedian Robin Williams (of Mork & Mindy television fame). This item's debut appears to have been a 20 March 2003 posting to the USENET newsgroup alt.motorcycles.harley, and from there it was rapidly disseminated via e-mail and blogs, credited to either "author unknown" or no one at all. The Robin Williams attribution wasn't tacked on until several weeks later, apparently because along the way the eleventh entry was dropped and a genuine Robin Williams quote appended in its place:
    "The Statue of Liberty is no longer saying 'Give me your poor, your tired, your huddled masses.' She's got a baseball bat and she's yelling, 'You want a piece of me?'" — Robin Williams.
    The 'Robin Williams' attribution for the final item was interpreted as applying to the list as a whole, so now the entire piece circulates as 'the Robin Williams plan.'
    reminds me of an old song from Lou Reed ....

Give me your hungry, your tired your poor I’ll **** on ’em
    That’s what the statue of bigotry says
    Your poor huddled masses, let’s club ’em to death
    And get it over with and just dump ’em on the boulevard
    Palm m505 -> Treo600 (GSM ATT) -> Treo650 (Cingular) -> BB8700g -> BB Pearl
    "The point of living and of being an optimist, is to be foolish enough to believe the best is yet to come."
    Quote Originally Posted by chillig35
    Give me your hungry, your tired your poor I’ll **** on ’em
    That’s what the statue of bigotry says
    Your poor huddled masses, let’s club ’em to death
    And get it over with and just dump ’em on the boulevard
    I think that's etched on the new plaque.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    I think that's etched on the new plaque.
    That plaque also says "if you do not follow the rules"
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    That plaque also says "if you do not follow the rules"
    and the rules are:
    Do NOT be tired, hungry or poor

of course the these rules are in the fine print
    "The point of living and of being an optimist, is to be foolish enough to believe the best is yet to come."
    and the rules are:
    lol
    and the rules are:
    Or Mexican.
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Or Mexican.
    Mexican has nothing to do with....don't break the law and come in illegally.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Of course that does not apply to illegal Irish immigrants ...

http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/fro...MMIGRANTS.html

Fine could give illegal Irish right to stay in US - envoy

Thousands of Irish immigrants living illegally in the US could get the right to stay by paying a fine if proposals from President Bush are implemented, US ambassador James Kenny has indicated, ...

According to several sources, Mr Kenny said during the meeting that President Bush's proposals to change immigration laws could benefit Irish "illegals".

Under the Bush plan, which has yet to reach Capitol Hill, illegals could first get temporary three-year visas and then apply for permanent residency.
    Valiant attempt, Hobbes.
    lol, sense of humor almost like hoovs, but ..

I think we've established that the law explicitly witholds visas from Mexicans.
    See what I mean?
    Of course that does not apply to illegal Irish immigrants ...

http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/fro...MMIGRANTS.html
    Again, I have stated several times I do not support Bush in any of his views of how to handle illegal immigration.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Valiant attempt, Hobbes.
    Nope, just stating the obvious.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast