Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    INDEED.

So very foolish.

It's fine to dislike the Pres...but let's be honest.

If there was an attack that could have been prevented by actions such as these and there was no such program, the same that criticize him now would devour him then.
    This program started before 9/11. Alot of good that did us.
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    I guess you forgot that we are at war. If we loose this war, then you loose your freedom. It is just that simple. No one has suggested that there is a justification for what you are trying to put forth as coming from the mouth and actions of the President. Bush is working at protecting us; Clinton did not do a thing of importance. Poor guy, you are confused. Ben
    WTF? Rush is that you?
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Ben, your lack of knowledge of law and rights makes me wonder about you.
    I wasn't going to say it, but I am glad someone did. Thank you! And I am only on page 2 right now!
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Posted this elsewhere but here goes....how long before this ?

http://www.aclu.org/pizza/
    And they wonder why nobody takes their argument serious
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Dutch, hate to do it but, what you are saying is a non-argument. Just because there have been no attacks, means absolutley nothing, zero.
    Ahh but if there were attacks, it would mean absolutely everything and you know it!
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Fortunately for the NSA they are doing nothing illegal. And on top of that the all important polls should suffice the left. People don't care about this.
    Actually they are most likely doing many illegal things. first being that the goverment is paying for all these numbers(violation of privacy laws) w/ your tax money, so in effect you are paying to be spied on. Second (legality of the program) is yet to be seen, w/ oversight or an investagation we will learn some the depths that this goes.
    Last edited by NRG; 05/12/2006 at 06:48 PM.
  7. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Fortunately for the NSA they are doing nothing illegal. And on top of that the all important polls should suffice the left. People don't care about this.
    Forgot to ask which poll? The one that came out almost the same day as the original NSA story? The one w/ flawed questions? With the way that the questions were worded on the survey I am surprised it wasn't higher.

Here is a sample question from the poll:

"Should the National Security Agency be allowed to intercept telephone conversations between terrorism suspects in other countries and people living in the United States?"

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/2005/NSA.htm

Hell worded like that and I am going to vote yes. If you notice there is no mention of warrants, no mention of FISA, and yes it specifies that this would take place w/ only terrorism suspects.
  8. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    What I think is really foul about this whole thing is the Democratic leadership response. Instead of looking out for the welfare of the American public--of which they claim to be stalwarts--they give at minimum tacit approval for the program. Then when it goes public, they sit back and act outraged over the Bush administration. Well, to me this makes Nancy Pelosi look like a lying sack, hypocrit and opportunist. Not a politician.

EDIT: I take that last part back. It doesn't make her look like a statesman... although very much like a politician.

http://www.showmenews.com/2006/Jan/20060129News008.asp
    Hoovs, slight problem. They were forbidden to talk about it, even w/ their staffers. Makes it difuclut to oppose it, if you can't voice your opinion about.

My only beef w/ the program is that there is no oversight, get some in there and I will go away.
    Aye, there's the rub. The records they obtained fron AT&T, et al. included domestic phone calls, not just calls to/from other countries. So, in some databank somewhere in the world, there's a record of everyone's phone-in vote on American Idol.

And "between terrorism suspects"? How does the gov't know you are talking with a terrorism suspect unless they're listenting? Just because a number is suspected as being a terrorist's number doesn't mean it's being used by the alleged terrorist at the time. Terrorists have families, too.

I'm sleeping better tonight.
    Brent
    T650 on Sprint's Wireless Wonder
  10. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    How bout comming up with a solution. It's seems the government is expected to have intelligence and act accordingly but have no business actually collecting the intelligence they are expected to have.
    Solution 1: NSA(hello) must get a warrant! Boom. problem fixed no more scandal! Easy, no?

Bomb
    Osama
    Saddam
    Hijacking
    Dirty Bomb
    Terrorism

Hope you got my message NSA
    Last edited by NRG; 05/12/2006 at 06:53 PM.
  11. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    However, there were concerns that the system in and of itself was designed so that it could be abused and used against US citizens in strictly domestic conversations.
    Which, I think we are beginning to see.
  12. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    If it is, that's not the message they're giving.
    Or you are not hearing it.
  13. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Ahh but if there were attacks, it would mean absolutely everything and you know it!
    That is the b*tch of it all.
  14.    #154  
    Solution 1: NSA(hello) must get a warrant! Boom. problem fixed no more scandal! Easy, no?

Bomb
    Osama
    Saddam
    Hijacking
    Dirty Bomb
    Terrorism

Hope you got my message NSA
    Even if we got last minute information about a suspected terrorist inside the United States, acted on it, and then showed cause to the Judiciary as soon as it was possible or practical?

But I know, i am being unreasonable and unpatriotic.
    Good, then can I come over to your house and rifle through your files?
    I trust our government. But I don't trust you.
  16.    #156  
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim
    I trust our government...
    omg
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    This is GREAT news. There has been no attck in almost 5 years. At the one thing the Government is really supposed to do, this admnistraion is on target.
    Dutch, hate to do it but, what you are saying is a non-argument. Just because there have been no attacks, means absolutley nothing, zero.
    Perhaps to you. I'm thrilled that my government has protected me from those you indirectly support.
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    omg
    I know it must be hard to understand when your life view is based on the premise that Bush is evil.
  19.    #159  
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim
    I know it must be hard to understand when your life view is based on the premise that Bush is evil.
    evil do'ers lol
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    evil do'ers lol
    and those who support them...
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast