Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 315
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    i could care less about the whole thing. If I say or do something wrong, then I pay the price. Pure and simple. I take responsiblity for my actions. Paint me conservative. Ben

    Sorry but I really hate logic like that...

    The point is NOT whether you are doing something wrong or not. It is a question of the legality of this type of state government intrusion... Besised I always though being conservative meant LIMITING government into the lives of people. This doesn't sound conservative at all to me...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  2. #62  
    fun topic.

    Although I have to concede that I don't like the over monitoring of my everyday life, I really don't have a big issue with all this like some do.

    Thing is my life is so mundane, the last thing I worry about is my phonecalls being monitored. I doubt the government will ever be interested in our need for diapers, what time I am getting home from work or any of that stuff.

    Begs the question, what are you doing that would spark their interest?

    And if it's just a matter of principal, ok. But principals have little history of repelling hostile invaders and those that would wantonly end our lives. It's called a tradeoff. Eveything has it's price. Yes yes I know abut the slippery slope we may be heading down, but I often wonder if every decision we make is on a hill.
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Begs the question, what are you doing that would spark their interest?
    That's the type of question which leads down the road to facism.

    Seriously, we have controls over our gov't for a reason. When the gov't tries to exceed it's limits over the citizenry we have laws to prevent this. They are there for good reason.
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    Watergate is a lousey example of "government" access. Do a better job of picking your examples - something more relevent. You throw Watergate out and I can equally throw out Billy's cigar. They matter not about government, but personal and moral responsbility.

    Ben
    Were you really responding to my post?
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    It amazes me that conservatives aren't screaming bloody murder regarding this invasion of personal privacy by Big Gov't.
    That's because "their" party is running things. The'd be screaming if the Dems were in the White House doing exactly the same things.

    Instead, now you are hearing "conservatives" here claiming: If you did nothing wrong, what problem is there if the Govt tracks your conversations?

    By that logic, I wonder how many of them would agree to having tracking devices inserted in them (without their knowledge) to track their every move!!
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    And Chilli don't forget who first quoted that quote...fair is fair
    you actually expect me scroll back to read every post???
    Palm m505 -> Treo600 (GSM ATT) -> Treo650 (Cingular) -> BB8700g -> BB Pearl
    "The point of living and of being an optimist, is to be foolish enough to believe the best is yet to come."
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    fun topic.

    I doubt the government will ever be interested in our need for diapers, what time I am getting home from work or any of that stuff.
    just so you know - "diapers" is a code-word for "dirty bomb" The feds are surely on your case by now.
    Palm m505 -> Treo600 (GSM ATT) -> Treo650 (Cingular) -> BB8700g -> BB Pearl
    "The point of living and of being an optimist, is to be foolish enough to believe the best is yet to come."
  8. #68  
    This topic has become a bore. However, as one who carries two cell phones, I definitely am very trackable. So what. Ben

    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    That's because "their" party is running things. The'd be screaming if the Dems were in the White House doing exactly the same things.

    Instead, now you are hearing "conservatives" here claiming: If you did nothing wrong, what problem is there if the Govt tracks your conversations?

    By that logic, I wonder how many of them would agree to having tracking devices inserted in them (without their knowledge) to track their every move!!
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    This topic has become a bore. However, as one who carries two cell phones, I definitely am very trackable. So what. Ben
    I can see how it would be boring for you.
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    By that logic, I wonder how many of them would agree to having tracking devices inserted in them (without their knowledge) to track their every move!!
    Actually that'd be kinda cool, but it depends on where the device would be inserted...
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    This argument is truly silly.

    This president literally called up the supreme allied commander in the middle of the fight to find and destroy osama, and ordered him to move most of his troops over to iraq.

    The argument that he must have been doing something right in spying on Americans because we havent had another atack is utterly silly.

    We have only had one international terrorist attack here EVER!

    This means that your chances of getting killed in an international terrorist attack in every year other than 2001 were exactly none, null, nill, not any, zero percent chance.

    And this certainly does not mean that we can spy on whomever we like, completely ignore Osama, round up and detain and or torture anyone and everyone we like indefinietly without due process, and without any oversight whatsoever, and generally thumb our nose at the international community.
    I wish you'd stop using the words "literally" and "chances." You don't understand either very well.
  12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim
    I wish you'd stop using the words "literally" and "chances." You don't understand either very well.
    lol, how about lol?

    can i say lol? because i find your anger funny, lol

    by the way

    your chance of being killed by international terrorist in the year 2000 was litterally zero as in zero divided by any number is

    zero

    literally
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    This topic has become a bore. However, as one who carries two cell phones, I definitely am very trackable. So what. Ben
    And one of those is inserted where?
    Palm m505 -> Treo600 (GSM ATT) -> Treo650 (Cingular) -> BB8700g -> BB Pearl
    "The point of living and of being an optimist, is to be foolish enough to believe the best is yet to come."
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    lol, how about lol?

    can i say lol? because i find your anger funny, lol

    by the way

    your chance of being killed by international terrorist in the year 2000 was litterally zero as in zero divided by any number is

    zero

    literally
    I'm not angry.
    And you still don't understand...
  15. #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    The % of private citizens using voip then was miniscule, statement remains valid.
    So you wouldn't a problem with the Gov tracking phone calls from 30,000 plus private American citizens for no other demographic than the means of their calls just because it is a small percentage of the total population?
  16. #76  
    yawn - another who cares discussion. The majority of Americans could care less and actually support NSA's effort.
  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    So you wouldn't a problem with the Gov tracking phone calls from 30,000 plus private American citizens for no other demographic than the means of their calls just because it is a small percentage of the total population?
    I'm pointing out the difference in how many were affected. I did not condone anything.
  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    yawn - another who cares discussion. The majority of Americans could care less and actually support NSA's effort.
    Luckily we have a constitution which stands up to the majority when needed.
  19. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Luckily we have a constitution which stands up to the majority when needed.
    How is it that you have such a clear view of specific parts of the constitution and such a clouded view of others? Why do you take this issue as an absolute?

    Just curious...
  20. #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    How is it that you have such a clear view of specific parts of the constitution and such a clouded view of others? Why do you take this issue as an absolute?

    Just curious...
    Which parts do I have a clouded view of?
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions