Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Wow, it almost looked like those were you're own words.
    Well, I try not to post an article with no commentary.

The first paragraph is from the Journal of Applied Physiology, the 2nd is from a study we conducted following their protocol in an attempt to reduce ventilator time for seriously ill patients.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Well, I try not to post an article with no commentary.

The first paragraph is from the Journal of Applied Physiology, the 2nd is from a study we conducted following their protocol in an attempt to reduce ventilator time for seriously ill patients.
    lol, the squiggles next to the enter key are quotes
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    lol, the squiggles next to the enter key are quotes
    ]
    Fair enough I forgot quotation marks, good thing this is not an english class. Did the little (1) give it away as probably a cut and paste quote
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    I watched portions of the show and I would have to say that the "holding his breath" portion was not a stunt it was an illusion. Don't you think if he would have broken the record for holding your breath then there would have been a lot more study and skepticism for it to be regarded as a world record, at that point the "illusion" would have surfaced and that would give him the attention he did not want, negative.

Bottom line, he's a showman and it was a show. Why else would he throw in the "handcuffs gag"?
    I'd really like to see someone's idea of how it was pulled off it it was indeed an illusion.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by twocrifasis
    I watched portions of the show and I would have to say that the "holding his breath" portion was not a stunt it was an illusion. Don't you think if he would have broken the record for holding your breath then there would have been a lot more study and skepticism for it to be regarded as a world record, at that point the "illusion" would have surfaced and that would give him the attention he did not want, negative.

Bottom line, he's a showman and it was a show. Why else would he throw in the "handcuffs gag"?
    Uh, he didnt break the record, he failed.
    Uh, he didnt break the record, he failed.
    Who said he broke it?

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Incredibly insightful coment! He would have been exposed if it were truly a world record. And accordding to my research this morning the record is over 9 minutes. This was an illusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    You are not being serious, are you?
    as a heart attack, do the research you will see. these are not my opinions.
    So those who think it's an illusion, you need a reason. Have any?
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer

Gee let's see

1) Attention

2) $

3) Attention and $
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    He would have been exposed if it were truly a world record. And accordding to my research this morning the record is over 9 minutes. This was an illusion.
    Because the record is over 9 minutes according to your research, it must have been an illusion? Doesn't make sense, does it?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    as a heart attack, do the research you will see. these are not my opinions.
    Heart attack? What's that got to do with it? This doesn't make sense either...
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Gee let's see

1) Attention

2) $

3) Attention and $
    Those are reasons to make an attempt on television, not reasons to fake it.
    Was Evil Kneivel's jumps (stunts) illusions? Minus the Snake River jump. I'm not sure about that one.
    How about he refers to him self as an illusionist?
    Note te first few words of his relese on NewsCorp...
    http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...206001/1/.html
    or this one from the BBC...
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertain...io/3203472.stm
    or this from ABC...
    http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=1933417

His PRPRPR $people$ $seem$ $to$ $like$ $him$ $being$ $called$ $an$ $illusionist$ $not$ $a$ $magician$. $No$ $magic$, $only$ $illusion$...
    His PRPRPR $people$ $seem$ $to$ $like$ $him$ $being$ $called$ $an$ $illusionist$ $not$ $a$ $magician$. $No$ $magic$, $only$ $illusion$...
    But this was never termed an illusion, right? I'm still looking for any idea of how it was done if it was indeed an illusion. I'm partial to think that it was legit, like the hanging in the box thing. Weird and tough, but not an illusion.
  18.    #38  
    But this was never termed an illusion, right? I'm still looking for any idea of how it was done if it was indeed an illusion. I'm partial to think that it was legit, like the hanging in the box thing. Weird and tough, but not an illusion.
    Me too.
    He thinks it's an illusion, but I think that's an illusion.
    Yep
    sexygogoboy
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12