1. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Sorry, but this statistic was too good to pass up. I posted this in an older thread that stated his approval was 33%. But since he is now at 31% and I found a nice statistic to go along w/ the shiny new approval rating, I thought it should have it's own thread.

There are more people that believe in UFOs

Source:

-snip-

The national poll, conducted by Opinion Dynamics Corporation (search), shows that about a third of Americans believe in ghosts (34 percent) and an equal number in UFOs (34 percent), and about a quarter accept things like astrology (search) (29 percent), reincarnation (search) (25 percent) and witches (24 percent)

-snip-
    than there are that believe in George W. Bush. ROFL.

Bush Approval Rating Drops to Record Low 31% in USA Today Poll

May 8 (Bloomberg) -- President George W. Bush's job approval rating fell to a record low 31 percent in the latest USA Today/Gallup poll, reflecting an erosion in support among the president's fellow political conservatives.

Bush's standing in the May 5-7 poll dipped three points from a USA Today/Gallup survey done a week earlier. A separate CNN poll conducted over the same weekend shows Bush's approval rating rising to 34 percent from 32 percent. The percentage- point changes in both polls are within the margins of error.

The USA Today/Gallup survey of 1,013 adults shows that Bush is beginning to lose the backing of some of his core supporters: Fifty-two percent of those who identified themselves as conservatives approve of Bush's job performance, and 68 percent of all Republicans do, record lows among those groups, according to USA Today.

Moderates gave him an approval rating of 28 percent, while liberals rated Bush's performance at 7 percent. Overall, the poll shows that 65 percent of those questioned disapprove of the way Bush is doing his job, also a record low.

-snip-
    Last edited by NRG; 05/08/2006 at 08:41 PM.
    Okay.
    yeah but have you seen how many fox news viewers believe in ufo's? yeehawww
    I don't think it should have it's own thread.
  5. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle
    I bet you don't. I didn't ask you either.
    That's one of the biggest problems this country's got.
  7. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sblanter
    That's one of the biggest problems this country's got.
    You are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle
    lmao, this post is more funny than the op
    Many more believe in the Rapture. What's your point?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  10. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Many more believe in the Rapture. What's your point?
    Nothing really beyond the title of thread.
    The truth is out there.
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
    While I may not agree with every facet of the Bush administration I am certainly glad that our current president is able to make decisions that transcend current media-fed opinion and polling. The ability to make decisions that may not be popular at the time certainly is a character trait of a leader and someone with courage; anyone can make an easy (and incorrect) decision to appease the masses. Couple this "opinion poll" with the ferocity of media attacks and biased liberal garbage and I'm certainly not awestruck by the results.

Bear in mind this is the same voting public that often appear in Jay Leno's "Jay Walking" who are unable to answer even the most basic of questions. I can understand why the right to vote was once restricted to land-owners.
    Quote Originally Posted by cesium1024
    While I may not agree with every facet of the Bush administration I am certainly glad that our current president is able to make decisions that transcend current media-fed opinion and polling. The ability to make decisions that may not be popular at the time certainly is a character trait of a leader and someone with courage; anyone can make an easy (and incorrect) decision to appease the masses. Couple this "opinion poll" with the ferocity of media attacks and biased liberal garbage and I'm certainly not awestruck by the results.

Bear in mind this is the same voting public that often appear in Jay Leno's "Jay Walking" who are unable to answer even the most basic of questions. I can understand why the right to vote was once restricted to land-owners.
    So .. the UFO / Bush crowd, are the land owners in your analogy?
  14. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cesium1024
    "The best argument against democracy is. a five-minute conversation with the average voter." -- Sir Winston Churchill. (1870-1965) Prime Minister of England
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    "The best argument against democracy is. a five-minute conversation with the average voter." -- Sir Winston Churchill. (1870-1965) Prime Minister of England
    Now that would be VERY funny......if it wasn't so true!
  16. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Now that would be VERY funny......if it wasn't so true!
    Yes, I know, it being true is what makes it so sad.