1.    #1  
    Blair Refuses to Say When He'll Step Aside

By Kevin Sullivan
    Washington Post Foreign Service
    Monday, May 8, 2006; 3:57 PM

LONDON, May 8 -- Prime Minister Tony Blair, moving to quell rising a rising revolt within his Labor Party, said Monday that he would not publicly set a timetable for stepping down because doing so would "paralyze" the government and "therefore damage the country."

"It would not end this distraction but take it to a new level," said Blair, the Bush administration's closest ally in Europe. He was addressing reporters for the first time since a weak showing by Labor in local elections on Thursday and a controversial Cabinet reshuffle on Friday.

These events, combined with recent scandals involving Cabinet ministers and Blair's unpopular support for the Iraq war, triggered a groundswell of anger among many Labor party members of parliament, who said Blair's government is stagnant after nine years in office.....
    Being in UK, and having voted Labour in the disastrous local election, I can say I prefer Blair to Brown, and if Blair goes they are almost certain to lose the next election. However it may simply be that this current government has reached its natural expiry date, and its time to give the opposition a change.

Surur
    It would be a sad day, if for no other reason than the world would losing one of its most eloquent orators.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    ....the world would losing one of its most eloquent orators.
    Did something happen to Clinton??
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    It's weird to see Blair in a situation like this. The year I was in London was when he absolutely demolished the other parties en route to a second term.
  6.    #6  
    When I saw W standing on that pile of rubble, promising to get Osama I NEVER would have imagine what my eyes are seing now.
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    When I saw W standing on that pile of rubble, promising to get Osama I NEVER would have imagine what my eyes are seing now.
    Gives me yet another reason to stay out of politics: things never last. Unfortunately it seems the only way you can get the lasting respect of the whole political spectrum is to die in office. That, or be George Washington, and last I checked, my drivers license has something different on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Gives me yet another reason to stay out of politics: things never last. Unfortunately it seems the only way you can get the lasting respect of the whole political spectrum is to die in office. That, or be George Washington, and last I checked, my drivers license has something different on it.
    Yeah, I noticed you have a bad habit of saying what you really mean, You'd never make it in politics.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Maybe not the whole spectrum but at least the labor party would be nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Yeah, I noticed you have a bad habit of saying what you really mean, You'd never make it in politics.
    I have a bad habit of trying to say what I mean. It usually comes out all garbled.
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Did something happen to Clinton??
    Oratory was his second skill...
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.