Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 130
  1. #21  
    btw this whole thing reminds me of that row about the cartoons of mohamed in that danish paper...

    I guess the 2 religions have more in commen than they thing
    <IMG WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="50" SRC=http://www.visorcentral.com/images/visorcentral.gif> (ex)VisorCentral Discussion Moderator
    Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToolkiT
    btw this whole thing reminds me of that row about the cartoons of mohamed in that danish paper...

    I guess the 2 religions have more in common than they think
    Har! True enough...they both seem a little sensitive to perceived "insults".
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToolkiT
    btw this whole thing reminds me of that row about the cartoons of mohamed in that danish paper...

    I guess the 2 religions have more in commen than they thing
    Hmm, don't you see a bit of a difference between the "threat" of legal action and real live riots, destroyed property and fatwas calling for the death of the artists? Further, this isn't really about offending anyone; its about slandering the Vatican and various orders within.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Hmm, don't you see a bit of a difference between the "threat" of legal action and real live riots, destroyed property and fatwas calling for the death of the artists? Further, this isn't really about offending anyone; its about slandering the Vatican and various orders within.
    Did I ever say there was no difference?
    All I was saying both are extremely sensitive about the portrial of their religion..
    <IMG WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="50" SRC=http://www.visorcentral.com/images/visorcentral.gif> (ex)VisorCentral Discussion Moderator
    Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
  5.    #25  
    lol, got some extra words in your mouth?
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToolkiT
    Did I ever say there was no difference?
    All I was saying both are extremely sensitive about the portrial of their religion..
    I didn't mean to imply that you did say there was no difference. I just tend to think the differences are so great as to make a comparison unfair.

    Just my opninon though.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    I didn't mean to imply that you did say there was no difference. I just tend to think the differences are so great as to make a comparison unfair.

    Just my opninon though.
    I disagree with that, it is the same thing just on a different level... and what worries me is that there is a possibility that mainstream christinity is heading that way.. which is a concern...
    <IMG WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="50" SRC=http://www.visorcentral.com/images/visorcentral.gif> (ex)VisorCentral Discussion Moderator
    Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToolkiT
    I disagree with that, it is the same thing just on a different level... and what worries me is that there is a possibility that mainstream christinity is heading that way.. which is a concern...
    Hey, Christianity cannot "head" anywhere, God does not change his mind. Right is right, wrong is wrong forever. And the pope is Divinely Inspired never to be wrong.
  9. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToolkiT
    I disagree with that, it is the same thing just on a different level... and what worries me is that there is a possibility that mainstream christinity is heading that way.. which is a concern...
    Why would you think there is a greater possibility for mainstream christinity (christianity) to be heading the way of radical islamic ideas, than say those on the far left or far right of the spectrum? I would say the two extremes have a much greater chance of becoming more radical than mainstream. An example can be found in the post directly above this one. One group takes every oppurtunity to try to insult or degrade the other, while the other group works to heal wounds (IE who did you see streaming into the Gulf coast to assist after Katrina, who opened their homes to those who had to flee the storm)
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    One group takes every oppurtunity to try to insult or degrade the other, while the other group works to heal wounds (IE who did you see streaming into the Gulf coast to assist after Katrina, who opened their homes to those who had to flee the storm)
    Lol, poor cardio. ok, ok, ok, I'll play umm

    Cuba? yeah ... Cuba, final answer.
  11. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Lol, poor cardio. ok, ok, ok, I'll play umm

    Cuba? yeah ... Cuba, final answer.
    Blaze, thanks for playing along and being such a great example. Oh, wait maybe you were serious and you thought it was the muslim community or maybe the hollywood stars that are working to rebuild the communities that were devasted.
    Last edited by cardio; 05/09/2006 at 11:23 AM.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Why would you think there is a greater possibility for mainstream christinity (christianity) to be heading the way of radical islamic ideas, than say those on the far left or far right of the spectrum?
    Where have I said that? once again words are being put in my mouth..

    The reason I am worried is that for example the bush gov. seems to ignore the seperation of church and state. another example is that thread about the christian cult protesting outside funerals of solders who were KIA..
    And many more small things where it seems the whole society seems to be radicalising.. And history proofs that religion is easily abused to polarize things..
    NOFI to christians, just a worry.. Islam has an extreme wing (the majority of muslims probably doesnt agree with them) and the last thing we need is a similar christian wing (or jewish for that matter)
    <IMG WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="50" SRC=http://www.visorcentral.com/images/visorcentral.gif> (ex)VisorCentral Discussion Moderator
    Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToolkiT
    Where have I said that? once again words are being put in my mouth..

    The reason I am worried is that for example the bush gov. seems to ignore the seperation of church and state. another example is that thread about the christian cult protesting outside funerals of solders who were KIA..
    And many more small things where it seems the whole society seems to be radicalising.. And history proofs that religion is easily abused to polarize things..
    NOFI to christians, just a worry.. Islam has an extreme wing (the majority of muslims probably doesnt agree with them) and the last thing we need is a similar christian wing (or jewish for that matter)
    Didn't Fallwell say that perhaps 9/11 was a punishment from God for abortion? Or something to that effect?
  14. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToolkiT
    Where have I said that? once again words are being put in my mouth..

    The reason I am worried is that for example the bush gov. seems to ignore the seperation of church and state. another example is that thread about the christian cult protesting outside funerals of solders who were KIA..
    And many more small things where it seems the whole society seems to be radicalising.. And history proofs that religion is easily abused to polarize things..
    NOFI to christians, just a worry.. Islam has an extreme wing (the majority of muslims probably doesnt agree with them) and the last thing we need is a similar christian wing (or jewish for that matter)
    I apologize if I took your quote out of context, I did add radical islamic ideas, since I assumed that is what you were speaking of since it refered back to your post of cartoons of Mohammad when you were comparing mainstream Christianity and them heading in that direction. If you think that mainstream Christianity agrees with the outlandish protesting by this cult you really do not have a good grasp on mainstream christian values and prinicples. I also believe you may have a misunderstanding of the seperation of church and state as well, many falsely believe it is in our constitution, but that is another topic for antoher thread.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  15. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Didn't Fallwell say that perhaps 9/11 was a punishment from God for abortion? Or something to that effect?
    Did he encourage Christians around the world to rise up and burn down entire cities because they have an abortion clinic in the city?
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    I apologize if I took your quote out of context, I did add radical islamic ideas, since I assumed that is what you were speaking of since it refered back to your post of cartoons of Mohammad when you were comparing mainstream Christianity and them heading in that direction. If you think that mainstream Christianity agrees with the outlandish protesting by this cult you really do not have a good grasp on mainstream christian values and prinicples. I also believe you may have a misunderstanding of the seperation of church and state as well, many falsely believe it is in our constitution, but that is another topic for antoher thread.
    I do understand the difference between mainstream and extreme wings..
    My point was that both religions seem to get both and both seem to be getting more sensitive.
    I do not expect the mainstream christian to commit suicide attacks.

    I know seperation of church and state isnt in your constitution, but it should be IMHO, but that is another thread indeed..
    <IMG WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="50" SRC=http://www.visorcentral.com/images/visorcentral.gif> (ex)VisorCentral Discussion Moderator
    Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToolkiT
    Where have I said that? once again words are being put in my mouth..

    The reason I am worried is that for example the bush gov. seems to ignore the seperation of church and state. another example is that thread about the christian cult protesting outside funerals of solders who were KIA..
    And many more small things where it seems the whole society seems to be radicalising.. And history proofs that religion is easily abused to polarize things..
    NOFI to christians, just a worry.. Islam has an extreme wing (the majority of muslims probably doesnt agree with them) and the last thing we need is a similar christian wing (or jewish for that matter)
    That church has less than 100 people. I hardly think one can assume anything about the direction of Christianity, even Protestant Christianity, even fundamentalist Protestant Christianity, by the actions of a group of nuts less than 100 strong.
  18. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToolkiT
    I do understand the difference between mainstream and extreme wings..
    My point was that both religions seem to get both and both seem to be getting more sensitive.
    I do not expect the mainstream christian to commit suicide attacks.

    I know seperation of church and state isnt in your constitution, but it should be IMHO, but that is another thread indeed..
    OK, I missed your point.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    That church has less than 100 people. I hardly think one can assume anything about the direction of Christianity, even Protestant Christianity, even fundamentalist Protestant Christianity, by the actions of a group of nuts less than 100 strong.
    How many followers do fallwell and Pat Robertson Have?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallwell On 9/11
    The abortionists have got to bear some burden for this because God will not be mocked. And when we destroy 40 million little innocent babies, we make God mad. I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People for the American Way—all of them who have tried to secularize America—I point the finger in their face and say "you helped this happen."
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Robertsons Response
    Well, I totally concur, and the problem is we have adopted that agenda at the highest levels of our government. And so we're responsible as a free society for what the top people do. And, the top people, of course, is the court system.
    Quote Originally Posted by fallwell on aids
    AIDS is the wrath of a just God against homosexuals. To oppose it would be like an Israelite jumping in the Red Sea to save one of Pharaoh's charioteers . . . AIDS is not just God's punishment for homosexuals; it is God's punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals."
    Last edited by theBlaze74; 05/09/2006 at 02:21 PM.
  20. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    How many followers do fallwell and Pat Robertson Have?
    Are you implying that these individuals are not entitled to their opinon? They are not telling the members of their congregation to go kill all homosexuals (or at least I have not heard that). I would have thought you were for freedom of speech.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions