Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    http://www.break.com/index/hannityloon.html

religion can be a healthy ingredient in a person`s life, but you have to be VERY careful about letting it get out of control. ive been hearing about an awful lot of mentally deranged "people of faith" lately. the above video is just exhibit A. Rather than preaching to people with their own versions of what is righteous living, people like this should be removed from society and placed in a carefully monitored psychiatric ward. PERIOD.
    It should be noted that in the clip it is said that her "church" has no relation to "any mainstream" baptist church.
    It was nice to see both Fox's token lefty and Hannity unite against this person.
    Hannity's last word is absolutely hilarious in its delivery.
    Quote Originally Posted by vw2002
    http://www.break.com/index/hannityloon.html

religion can be a healthy ingredient in a person`s life, but you have to be VERY careful about letting it get out of control. ive been hearing about an awful lot of mentally deranged "people of faith" lately. the above video is just exhibit A. Rather than preaching to people with their own versions of what is righteous living, people like this should be removed from society and placed in a carefully monitored psychiatric ward. PERIOD.
    Interesting point but who exactly will metre out which set of personal beliefs with no basis in fact is "righteous living", and which should put one in a psychiatric ward?

You? George W? Sean Hannity?
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Interesting point but who exactly will metre out which set of personal beliefs with no basis in fact is "righteous living", and which should put one in a psychiatric ward?

blaze...Your room has been reserved
    Well behaved women rarely make history

Do you realize how silly that makes you sound? By that logic, there may not be anything wrong with randomly gunning down people in the street so long as what you think you're doing is right. Indeed, you bring up the prospect of punishing the cops that arrest such a person because they are forcing their "personal beliefs" on the shooter?
    Yeesh.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    It was nice to see both Fox's token lefty and Hannity unite against this person.
    sure was. i was happy to watch the two hosts rail away at that clown.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    blaze...Your room has been reserved

This is a legitimate question. That which is mainstream today may be on the fringe tomorrow. Certainly within Christianity, there are practices that are common today that were considered the stuff of cults 20 years ago.

Not to mention, there are those that lump all religions together as "nonsense". Others lump them all together as different sides of the same coin (a huge multi-facted coin, I know). I, for one, would not want people of that mindset making the determination (though I am fully prepared for that scenario).
    This guy is a lunatic

Here is a MySpace page with more videos and audio of this guy

http://myspace.com/TheSpiritOfTruth
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim
    This is a legitimate question. That which is mainstream today may be on the fringe tomorrow. Certainly within Christianity, there are practices that are common today that were considered the stuff of cults 20 years ago.
    When was celebrating the death of your own soldiers the norm? Glad I don't live in that time.
    When was celebrating the death of your own soldiers the norm? Glad I don't live in that time.
    The End of Days?

Surur
    So as to avoid confusion, I have no support for the deeds of the video woman and her family church. I support their right to act as they choose. I find the specific choice they have made dispicable and an afront to the one they claim to represent.

Even IF the death of the soldiers was punishment from God, no people of God would celebrate such. People of God mourn his judgments. They seek His mercy, not His wrath....especially becuase they understand that they are equally deserving of the wrath.

I thought It was a most appropriate question for Hannity to ask the woman about her own sins. She dodged the question. Immediately we consider Jesus' question as to why one would concentrate on the splinter in the eye of his/her brother, when a log was stuck his/her own eye. I'm also reminded of Jesus' treatment of the woman caught in adultery. When asked to condemn her, Jesus instead pronounced her guilty then welcomed those who were without sin to initiatie the execution. He skillfully gained her pardon without excusing her deed.

The legitimate question that I saw in the discussion is that of who would be entrusted with the responsiblity to fulfill vw2000's recommendation:
    people like this should be removed from society and placed in a carefully monitored psychiatric ward
    Fred Phelps is a loon and deserves none of the large amount of press he's gotten. People liken conservative or fundamentalist Christians to Phelps' "God Hates Fags" ideology but in reality his church is fewer than a hundred members and has been shunned by virtually all of the conservative and mainstream Christian communities in America. His claim to be Calvinist is patently absurd and Westboro's theology is more akin to the heretical "Christian Identity" or "British Israelite" ideology that was held by of of the other founding members. Its just a shame that the media gives this ***** so much attention.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    This guy is a lunatic

Here is a MySpace page with more videos and audio of this guy

http://myspace.com/TheSpiritOfTruth
    LOL. now that guy is truly hilarious! thanks for posting the link

Not to mention, there are those that lump all religions together as "nonsense". Others lump them all together as different sides of the same coin (a huge multi-facted coin, I know). I, for one, would not want people of that mindset making the determination (though I am fully prepared for that scenario).
    If I recall, Jesus was killed for starting a radical egalitarian cult.
    ... I'm also reminded of Jesus' treatment of the woman caught in adultery. When asked to condemn her, Jesus instead pronounced her guilty then welcomed those who were without sin to initiatie the execution. He skillfully gained her pardon without excusing her deed...
    shopharim, if the mythical JC would return to again to ask that question today, an astounding number of self-righteous hands would confidently declare their own purity.

For me hypocrisy is perhaps the gravest of sins (far worse than lust, envy, avarice, gluttony, sloth, pride, and wrath)
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    So as to avoid confusion, I have no support for the deeds of the video woman and her family church. I support their right to act as they choose. I find the specific choice they have made dispicable and an afront to the one they claim to represent.

Even IF the death of the soldiers was punishment from God, no people of God would celebrate such. People of God mourn his judgments. They seek His mercy, not His wrath....especially becuase they understand that they are equally deserving of the wrath.

I thought It was a most appropriate question for Hannity to ask the woman about her own sins. She dodged the question. Immediately we consider Jesus' question as to why one would concentrate on the splinter in the eye of his/her brother, when a log was stuck his/her own eye. I'm also reminded of Jesus' treatment of the woman caught in adultery. When asked to condemn her, Jesus instead pronounced her guilty then welcomed those who were without sin to initiatie the execution. He skillfully gained her pardon without excusing her deed.

The legitimate question that I saw in the discussion is that of who would be entrusted with the responsiblity to fulfill vw2000's recommendation:

these people need serious psychiatric attention. i should think any qualified psychiatrist would be capable enough to properly identify and diagnose lunatics like these.
    Actually, it's not uncommon in many religions for those who have been "marked" or "punished" by god to be shunned, even in some cases allowed to starve.
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    For me hypocrisy is perhaps the gravest of sins (far worse than lust, envy, avarice, gluttony, sloth, pride, and wrath)
    You aren't casting the first stone at hypocrisy are you? Oh, the irony.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast