Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    Its very easy to fulfill a prophesy if you make up the story to fit the prophesy afterward, and do not recount inconvenient details.

Surur
    Technically speaking, if the story is "made up" then the prophesy hasn't been fulfilled. Likewise, if the story is made up, then there would be no inconvenient details.

Given the disciples presented their accounts as if they were recounting, what inconvenient details have you learned were omitted?
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    omg, you are saying in post 94 that I have contradicted myself because the authors of the Gospels was God?

lol, Shopharim, in just a few short posts, you have proven the existance of God, pointed out to us his divinely inspired words, and proven to us the one true religion of the world

you're truly a genius
    Let the people say, "Amen"
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim
    Technically speaking, if the story is "made up" then the prophesy hasn't been fulfilled. Likewise, if the story is made up, then there would be no inconvenient details.

Given the disciples presented their accounts as if they were recounting, what inconvenient details have you learned were omitted?
    The presence of multiple messiahs, the presence of multiple gospels, the parallels with other religious myth, the inconsistencies in the story. The inconsistencies are numerous, and its easy to see a story that has been sanitized.

Surur
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    "The fact is that you think you are a Christian, but believe you can decide yourself what to believe. Very New Age, but unfortuanately not very Christian.
    Surur "

surur, please point out where I specifically declared myself to be a devout christian ..... did I make that claim ANYWHERE in this thread? The point I was making here, one which you've quite obviously missed, is that religion can be very beneficial to a person's life when kept in moderation, but when taken to extremes, as we see in this video and others around the world, it often leads to nothing but fighting, anger and deep-seeded hatred between groups. i dont care how you try to spin it about being a "true believer" in christianity, islam, or any other religion.

you'd rather instigate an argument over what kind of christian someone is rather than discuss that point. the FACT is, you don't know exactly what my faith is. I started this thread not with the intention of declaring myself as religious, but rather to discuss the bizarre beliefs of religious extremists like the person in the hannity video, and how morally bankrupt people of her mindset truly are.

curiously you now say that "you don't want to go there" regarding your beliefs. but if you're going to continue making presumptuous comments about mine here, surur, you can bet I'm going to put you under the scope just the same. I certainly WILL go there.
    Last edited by vw2002; 05/10/2006 at 03:11 AM.
    The presence of multiple messiahs, the presence of multiple gospels, the parallels with other religious myth, the inconsistencies in the story. The inconsistencies are numerous, and its easy to see a story that has been sanitized.

Surur
    If it is in fact "easy" to see, why is that you offered a synopsis rather than an example? Let's start with your first concern:

Who were the other "messiahs" whose lineage was that of the descendents of the historical David, that were from Nazareth, yet born in Bethlehem whose death was precipitated by being hung on a tree?

Who were the other "messiahs" whose lineage was that of the descendents of the historical David, that were from Nazareth, yet born in Bethlehem whose death was precipitated by being hung on a tree?

Are any of these specific features verified from independent sources?
    to vw2000: that threat is 1000 posts long, and did not go anywhere in the end. I've said all i have to say about it there already.
    Surur
    Are any of these specific features verified from independent sources?
    I don't know. You have not told us who any of the multiple messiahs are. Once you identify a few, for that matter even one, we can examine if they meet any of the criteria.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456