Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Hey blaze....what poney, errr...donkey you wanna have them trot up there for you to vote on in '08?
    i'm sorry my luv -- I want to embrace you, to commiserate, to not be this bearer of troubling news --

but your hero -- mr. junior -- he has it seems, against all odds, become somehow even less popular.

alas -- that scoundrel for whom you pine, who caused you to betray your emperor -- he has only 31 % support among americans. (even less amongst the french -- and almost unmeasurable among well hung Corsican monkeys).

I tell you all this not to gloat mon Cheri -- because it is too late for us, I have moved on. I share with you mon petite fleur because a part of me loves you still, and wants you to see him for the phoney that he is -- to open your eyes.

"...That is the third lowest approval rating of any president in 50 years; only Richard M. Nixon and Jimmy Carter were viewed less favorably...

Just 13 percent approved of Mr. Bush's handling of rising gasoline prices. About a quarter said they approved of his handling of immigration...

Fifty percent said Democrats came closer than Republicans to sharing their moral values, compared with 37 percent who said Republicans shared their values. A majority said Republican members of Congress were more likely to be financially corrupt than Democratic members of Congress...

By better than two to one, Democrats were seen as having more new ideas than Republicans...

Seventy percent of respondents said the country was heading in the wrong direction, compared with 23 percent who said they approved of the direction in which the country was heading... and suggest that Americans are more pessimistic about the country's direction than at any other time in the 23 years that The NY Times and CBS News have asked the question."

as much as your Emperor enjoys hurting you my love, telling you all this brings me only sadness, no joy...
    Last edited by BARYE; 05/10/2006 at 05:09 AM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Sorry bud, this info has already been kicked around here earlirer in the week.
    So this "news" is already as old as your thought process. Clock's ticking, better get busy finding the next Howard Dean.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    Sorry bud, this info has already been kicked around here earlirer in the week.
    So this "news" is already as old as your thought process. Clock's ticking, better get busy finding the next Howard Dean.
    Hey this is a new and different poll -- a poll from the NY Times.

A poll that discovered that: "Americans are more pessimistic about the country's direction than at any other time in the 23 years that The NY Times and CBS News have asked the question"

I think every new poll that shows a further drop in junior's support deserves comment -- sort of like a countdown to New Years.

At least till we get down to say 10% -- to what Rumy would call the true "dead enders"
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    Hey this is a new and different poll -- a poll from the NY Times.

A poll that discovered that: "Americans are more pessimistic about the country's direction than at any other time in the 23 years that The NY Times and CBS News have asked the question"

I think every new poll that shows a further drop in junior's support deserves comment -- sort of like a countdown to New Years.

At least till we get down to say 10% -- to what Rumy would call the true "dead enders"
    The ones that think there were Iraqi Nationals on board the 9/11 planes, and that we actually did find WMDs in Iraq.

Thread Crapper

I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

6.    #46  
    Oh, man I would pray our Governor Pumpkinhead to run. I want it more than the right wing wants Hillary.
    Can you say dynasty?

Jenna in 2020!

Thread Crapper

Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    Can you say dynasty?

Jenna in 2020!
    can you imagine how bad things will have to get before another of junior's clan could be elected to that office again ??

can you say apocalypse ???
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -

President George W. Bush's job approval rating has hit a new low, with 29 percent of the U.S. public saying he is doing an "excellent or pretty good job," down from 35 percent in April, according to a Harris Interactive poll in The Wall Street Journal Online.
  10.    #50  

Hard-core GOP flee Bush, pollsters find
    By Jim VandeHei and Peter Baker

The Washington Post

WASHINGTON — Disaffection over spending and immigration have caused conservatives to take flight from President Bush and the Republican Congress at a rapid pace in recent weeks, sending Bush's approval ratings to record lows and presenting a new threat to the GOP's 12-year reign on Capitol Hill, according to White House officials, lawmakers and polling data.

Bush and Congress have suffered a decline in support from almost every part of the conservative coalition over the past year, a trend that has accelerated with alarming implications for Bush's governing strategy.

The Gallup polling organization recorded a 13-percentage-point drop in Republican support for Bush in the past couple of weeks.

These usually reliable voters are telling pollsters and lawmakers they are fed up with what they see as out-of-control spending by Washington and an abandonment of core conservative principles.

There are also significant pockets of conservatives turning on Bush and Congress over their failure to tighten immigration laws, restrict gay marriage and put an end to the Iraq war, as well as the rash of political scandals, according to lawmakers and pollsters.
    There is no doubt that Bush and the Rep are being hit hard and trashed in the polls.....but it is also important to note that even there there is consistency across several subjects the grass may not be that much greener on the other side......especially for incumbent Dems.

This article does not show anything new that has not already be reported (i.e. everything is around 30% approval rating), except for the warnings to the Dems.

Democrats are now favored to handle all 10 issues measured in the Post-ABC News poll. The survey shows a majority of the public, 56 percent, saying they would prefer to see Democrats in control of Congress after the elections.

The poll offers two cautions for the Democrats, however. One is a growing disaffection with incumbents generally. When asked whether they were inclined to reelect their current representative to Congress or look around for someone new, 55 percent said they were open to someone else, the highest since just before Republicans captured control of Congress in 1994. That suggests that some Democratic incumbents could feel the voters' wrath, although as the party in power, Republicans have more at risk.

The second warning for Democrats is that their improved prospects for November appear driven primarily by dissatisfaction with Republicans rather than by positive impressions of their own party. Congressional Democrats are rating only slightly more favorably than congressional Republicans, and 52 percent of those surveyed said the Democrats have not offered a sharp contrast to Bush and the Republicans.

------------------------

Based on the public mood, the midterm elections are likely to be a referendum on the president and his party. The poll suggests that, if Republicans can turn the election into a choice between the two parties, as they are attempting to do, they could frustrate Democratic hopes of capturing control of one or both houses of Congress. Some Democratic leaders already are warning against overconfidence, given how quickly conditions could change by November.

-------------------------

Both parties affected
    The survey suggests that dissatisfaction with Congress extends to members of both parties. Only 39 percent approve of the job Democrats in Congress are doing, while 58 percent disapprove -- slightly higher than the level of disapproval registered before the 1994 midterm elections, when Republicans evicted Democrats from power on Capitol Hill.

FULL STORY: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12825539/
    No matter what, the next 901 days, 16 hours, 26 minutes, and 49 seconds left until 2008 US Presidential Election are going to be interesting.....especially after we see the results of the mid-term elections.
    BUSH PRESSES FED CHIEF FOR HIKE IN APPROVAL RATING

President Demands One Percent Increase In Heated Oval Office Meeting

In what insiders described as a heated, occasionally testy Oval Office meeting, President George W. Bush today pressed Federal Reserve Board chairman Ben Bernanke for a one percent increase in his approval rating.

With the president’s approval rating sinking below thirty percent for the first time in his presidency to an all-time low of twenty-nine percent, Mr. Bush felt that urgent action needed to be taken to boost his sagging statistic.

For that reason, he took the extraordinary step of pulling Mr. Bernanke out of a Fed meeting on inflation and summoning him to the White House to demand that his approval rating be hiked by one hundred basis points, or one percent.

While presidents in the past have leaned on the nation’s central banker to move interest rates up or down, Mr. Bush’s action is believed to be the first time that a Fed chief has been called upon to manipulate a president’s approval rating.

But at the White House today, Mr. Bush defended the move, telling reporters, “It’s time to start thinking outside the box.”

For his part, Mr. Bernanke seemed cool to the President’s argument, issuing the following official statement: “The chairman of the Federal Reserve can change the course of interest rates, but he does not control the world.”

Soon after Mr. Bernanke issued his statement, the president offered his own terse response: “Alan Greenspan could.”

Elsewhere, in an effort to increase his nation’s birth rate, Russian President Vladimir Putin offered citizenship to Britney Spears and husband Kevin Federline.
    Palm m505 -> Treo600 (GSM ATT) -> Treo650 (Cingular) -> BB8700g -> BB Pearl
    "The point of living and of being an optimist, is to be foolish enough to believe the best is yet to come."
  13.    #53  
    You laugh, but George H.W. blamed Greenspan for losing to Clinton.
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    You laugh, but George H.W. blamed Greenspan for losing to Clinton.
    who said I'm laughing? I was just quoting an authentic news story - the only problem is that Faux News hasn't aired it yet so it's not yet in the mainstream media.
    Palm m505 -> Treo600 (GSM ATT) -> Treo650 (Cingular) -> BB8700g -> BB Pearl
    "The point of living and of being an optimist, is to be foolish enough to believe the best is yet to come."
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123