Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    An unedited version of the recently released al-Zarqawi web video was discovered in a raid south of Baghdad. The video acquired during the raid contained several unflattering clips of the militant leader which were not present in the full version.

It shows him wearing American tennis shoes, like Nike or something....what ever it an obvious American Icon.

One scene showed al-Zarqawi having trouble firing a machine gun and eventually requiring assistance. Another individual is also seen grabbing the hot barrel of a machine gun and burning himself.

FULL STORY: U.S.: Outtakes show al-Zarqawi as poor gunman

VIDEO HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    It shows him wearing American tennis shoes, like Nike or something....what ever it an obvious American Icon.

FULL STORY: U.S.: Outtakes show al-Zarqawi as poor gunman

VIDEO HERE
    New Balance...you should at least read the source you quote
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    I thought this was very funny as an American but I wasn't sure how strong the PRPRPR $value$ $was$ $for$ $the$ $military$ $to$ $use$ $it$.

I thought the better approach/angle would be to minimize him, still say we are searching, but to spin it as 'he isn't a threat anymore because we are destroying his network'. This PRPRPR $approach$ $makes$ $it$ $look$ $like$ $we$ $are$ $reaching$ $out$ $for$ '$something$' $in$ $a$ $way$.

My .02
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Hey, I saw it also and it was most entertaining. The value is to ridicule him and that it does. Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I thought the better approach/angle would be to minimize him, still say we are searching, but to spin it as 'he isn't a threat anymore because we are destroying his network'.
    Or even better, we could stop talking about Al Quaida completely, pull the troops out of Afghanistan and pretend like we already caught him.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    New Balance...you should at least read the source you quote
    I was on the road today.....I heard about it on CNN on Sat Radio, saw on it on TV at an airport terminal, and then quoted their story from my 6600.....I promise I will read it, though.
  7.    #7  
    I thought this was very funny as an American but I wasn't sure how strong the PRPRPR $value$ $was$ $for$ $the$ $military$ $to$ $use$ $it$.
    I haven't had a chance to search for any reaction from those in the Middle East yet.....Redbelt, you there?.......

But I personally think that the irony of what he preaches and of what he tries to make himself represent vs what he actually does is pretty profound.
    I haven't had a chance to search for any reaction from those in the Middle East yet.....Redbelt, you there?.......

But I personally think that the irony of what he preaches and of what he tries to make himself represent vs what he actually does is pretty profound.
    I don't have a problem hobbes, with their attempting to mock him -- but its little bit of a stretch to boast of what a phoney Zarqawi is when we've been unable to capture him despite our total "ownership" of Iraq -- despite Zarqawi being number one with a bullet on our all time hit parade (having passed Bin Laden).

How do we have the arrogance to criticize other countries who we say have within their borders people we accuse of being terrorists, but are unable to capture them.

BTW -- did you watch the exchange between Rumy and that ex-CIA guy ??

Rumy attempted again to wave that old lie of his where he says how Sadamm had been sheltering Zarqawi before the war.

The CIA guy inconveniently knew that Zarqawi was in a north Iraq Kurdish enclave -- inaccessible to Sadamm.

And despite their passionate pleas before the war, we refused to assist the Kurds in their plans to both kill Zarqawi and wipe out his anti-Kurdish force.
    Last edited by BARYE; 05/06/2006 at 01:52 AM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Or even better, we could stop talking about Al Quaida completely, pull the troops out of Afghanistan and pretend like we already caught him.
    Please forgive me, I have been studying all day for finals so I might be missing something obvious ...but are you being sarcastic I haven't followed enough of your posts to tell what meaning you are trying to get at.

My point (in case its not clear) is that instead of staging a PRPRPR $campaign$ $against$ $Zarqawi$ ($which$ $I$ $don$'$t$ $think$ $will$ $ever$ $affect$ $the$ $people$ $in$ $the$ $middle$ $east$ $region$) $we$ $should$ $instead$ $minimize$ $his$ $accomplishments$ $or$ $our$ $need$ $to$ $get$ $him$ $in$ $order$ $to$ $win$ $peace$ $and$ $stability$ $in$ $the$ $middle$ $east$.

The fact that he cant clear the jam on an automatic weapon doesnt logically correlate to his ineffectiveness of planning terrorist activities. If you are convinced that there is a correllation, then I guess the PRPRPR $was$ $targeted$ $towards$ $you$.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

10.    #10  
    The fact that he cant clear the jam on an automatic weapon doesnt logically correlate to his ineffectiveness of planning terrorist activities. If you are convinced that there is a correllation, then I guess the PRPRPR $was$ $targeted$ $towards$ $you$.
    I certainly agree, but I was thinking it may have value on a recruiting point of view. I have seen some of the training videos AQ has put out there. This was simply a nice contrast. If I was thinking of joining and see the percieved leader not know how to clear a jam or know enough not to grab the hot end of the gun....it would personally give me pause. But again, it certainly comes down to culture perceptions, which is why I was interested in any Mid East feedback from the video.
    I certainly agree, but I was thinking it may have value on a recruiting point of view. I have seen some of the training videos AQ has put out there. This was simply a nice contrast. If I was thinking of joining and see the percieved leader not know how to clear a jam or know enough not to grab the hot end of the gun....it would personally give me pause. But again, it certainly comes down to culture perceptions, which is why I was interested in any Mid East feedback from the video.
    Thats true...but Im not even sure this would be aired on Al-Jazeera or any other station over there (I could be wrong though).

It's great PRPRPR $for$ $the$ $US$ $and$ $its$ $allies$ ($he$ $does$ $look$ $like$ $a$ $dolt$) $but$ $IMO$ $its$ $not$ $us$ $who$ $need$ $to$ $be$ $persuaded$ $that$ $he$ $is$ $a$ $dumb$ $$ss$.

It's great PRPRPR $for$ $the$ $US$ $and$ $its$ $allies$ ($he$ $does$ $look$ $like$ $a$ $dolt$) $but$ $IMO$ $its$ $not$ $us$ $who$ $need$ $to$ $be$ $persuaded$ $that$ $he$ $is$ $a$ $dumb$ $$ss$.
    The point is he's certainly not "looking like a dolt" sowing terror and
    killing people or motivating his bunch... and he's not going to be
    putting-in his papers for election in the US (or any other country for
    that matter).

I'm always amazed that we evalute public figures on their private,
    personal habits or on criteria not connected with their main
    "accomplishments".
    This is just the material America needs to fight the perception that Bush is an *****, and counter propaganda such as this

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    This is just the material America needs to fight the perception that Bush is an *****, and counter propaganda such as this

Surur
    brilliant -- I wish junior and the poodle would make more music together !!
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Still smoking on that crack pipe I see. It's has to be hard to light with your head burried in the sand like that.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Pull out and we invite nothing but trouble. The resolve and keeping the battle on their soil is anothe reason we have not been attacked on our own soil. Pull out and your are inviting them to hit here again and again and again. Our lack of will is the only thing that will cause us to loose the war against terrorism. Your attitude is to their favor. Support those people fighting to maintain your way of life, your freedom. The terrorists want people like you to continue supporting them. If the terrorists win, then your way of life is gone, your freedom is gone and there's a good chance you will be gone. Ben
    Wow! Some-one certainly swallowed the kool-aid. This is why Switzerland is overrun by terrorists, inst it.

Surur
  18.    #18  
    Surur....do you think the Swiss are immune to terrorist attacks? Do you think there is a level of dependency from Switzerland that others (UK, France, US, etc...) will do a lot of the fighting for them in international conflicts?
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur

Surur
    Again, No opportunity is missed to bring any topic around to slamming the US or especially Bush.
    That's exactly right. We slam Bush yet we have the strongest economy in our history. We have the lowest unemployment rate in our history. We praise Clinton and what for? We praise Carter and what for? Bush was there when we were attacked on September 11th. He was there when we suffered a very severe economic downturn. He was there when we started recovering and frankly, we would not have recovered if the incentives he put forth were not enacted. We seriously need to look beyond politics - whether you like the man or not, he is not an *****. He has done what no other president has ever done. Ben
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast