Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 319
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    LOL
    You have a problem with that?
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    Well that's because there soooooooo many Fin's that want to come here. Duh!
    That's exactly what i said Sound Guy. The United States has an Immigration policy in which the goal is to "maintain the racial makeup" of our country. Not the same policy for everyone.
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    • First, use any name you like.
    • Second, you just answered what and how not so much about the why. I'm sure the why has a little more to do with anger.
    • Third, you're wrong.
    I thought you did not care for the semantics.

    Using the lens of intent, those who come "to have permanent residence" in this country could be classfied as "immigrants." If any "country" exists, though, it does so only as a concept ratified via the covenant made between the establishers of said country and their legal successors. Thus, to take up permanent residence in the "country" is to gain partnership in the prevailing covenant. So then, through the lens of law, the "immigrant" is one who has entered into the covenant agreement, not merely entered into the geographic region over which the covenant is applied.
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim
    I thought you did not care for the semantics.

    Using the lens of intent, those who come "to have permanent residence" in this country could be classfied as "immigrants." If any "country" exists, though, it does so only as a concept ratified via the covenant made between the establishers of said country and their legal successors. Thus, to take up permanent residence in the "country" is to gain partnership in the prevailing covenant. So then, through the lens of law, the "immigrant" is one who has entered into the covenant agreement, not merely entered into the geographic region over which the covenant is applied.
    You have GOT to be kidding me.

    Shopharim ... do you have any opinions on ANYTHING else in this thread? Anything. Pick something, please. lol
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    Gas prices were down yesterday. Could that be from no leaf-blowers being used?
    Actually it's because little Joey and his dad/brother/grandfather (all one person) ha ha weren't raceing down the freeways in their rust bucket dodge darts.
    Last edited by ikg2004; 05/02/2006 at 06:04 PM.
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    You have GOT to be kidding me.

    Shopharim ... do you have any opinions on ANYTHING else in this thread? Anything. Pick something, please. lol
    I believe terms are important too. Especially here where people, yes, like you, who try to confuse the terms.
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    Gas prices were down yesterday. Could that be from no leaf-blowers being used?
    Quote Originally Posted by ikg2004
    Actually it's because little Joey and his dad/brother/grandfather (all one person) ha ha weren't raceing down the freeways in their rust bucket dodge darts.
    We should keep all the racial slurs in once place in case any of you need them for quick reference.
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    I believe terms are important too. Especially here where people, yes, like you, who try to confuse the terms.
    If you're confused hoovs, it's not my fault.

    Immigrant can easily mean either documented or undocumented, but call them whatever makes you happy.
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    Gas prices were down yesterday. Could that be from no leaf-blowers being used?

    ouch
  10. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    We should keep all the racial slurs in once place in case any of you need them for quick reference.
    Blaze, you have used more racial/ethnic slurs than anyone on this board. You just don't think they are slurs because you think it is the truth about those you disagree with.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    If you're confused hoovs, it's not my fault.

    Immigrant can easily mean either documented or undocumented, but call them whatever makes you happy.
    I call them what they are. The rally yesterday was not about "immigrants rights" but about amnesty for illegal aliens. That's a fact.
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    I call them what they are. The rally yesterday was not about "immigrants rights" but about amnesty for illegal aliens. That's a fact.

    (cringes) I'm agreeing with hoovs on this one. (ew ew ew ew eww wew weww!)
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    I call them what they are. The rally yesterday was not about "immigrants rights" but about amnesty for illegal aliens. That's a fact.
    Now you are speaking for the demonstrators? I know some of them, and they did not mention electing you, and that is not the reason they gave me. And the article I posted starts ...

    "A wave of immigrants and their supporters flooded the streets of downtown Orlando on Monday as the city became Florida's focal point for the national effort to reform immigration laws and highlight the contributions of foreign workers."

    Guess we have to apply a bit of a curve to straighten out your "facts".
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    (cringes) I'm agreeing with hoovs on this one. (ew ew ew ew eww wew weww!)
    When you get in the shower, wash your face first, and work your way down.
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Now you are speaking for the demonstrators? I know some of them, and they did not mention electing you, and that is not the reason they gave me. And the article I posted starts ...

    "A wave of immigrants and their supporters flooded the streets of downtown Orlando on Monday as the city became Florida's focal point for the national effort to reform immigration laws and highlight the contributions of foreign workers."

    Guess we have to apply a bit of a curve to straighten out your "facts".
    I know facts and I can tell spin when I see it. That was pure spin right there!
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    I know facts and I can tell spin when I see it. That was pure spin right there!
    I see. So all we have to do before we read a news article, is ask hoovs to "un-spin" it for us.
  17.    #57  
    Hoovs interpretations aside, fact is, there were 20 thousand demonstrators, and 20 thousand reasons for demonstrating.
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    I see. So all we have to do before we read a news article, is ask hoovs to "un-spin" it for us.
    That'll work.
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    The point i made about the Canadian Immigration policy was that Canada has One Policy For Everyone. The Canadian policy is a point system whereby the appilcant gets points for speaking the national languages, for educatioin, for working in a field that Canada is in need of, and for pre arranging his or her employment. The applicant is also required to have enough money to support him / her self, last i looked i think it was around 15 thousand dollars.

    added:
    I cannot see how adopting a fair policy such as this would preclude or exclude any security checks that were needed. In fact, as far as I am concerned, we could have even more.
    Now that is a fair statement and no matter if one agrees with it or not, it is a valid proposal.

    The point when you brought up Canada's immigration policy and process with such a brief comment on what parts you liked and did not like about it....is that they have VERY serious lapses in their security screening and requirements in the immigration process.

    To play Devil's advocate to your suggestion is that it is in no way fair as others will claim that we are selectively only allowing the educated, upper class, and rich (as $15,000 is several life savings in many countries). That we are shunning the poor and those who are looking to make their dreams come true here instead of having to make it at their home before they can make it here.
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    To play Devil's advocate to your suggestion is that it is in no way fair as others will claim that we are selectively only allowing the educated, upper class, and rich (as $15,000 is several life savings in many countries). That we are shunning the poor and those who are looking to make their dreams come true here instead of having to make it at their home before they can make it here.
    Canada takes much more than their fair share of refugees, which is a totally different issue.

    I certainly dont think we should "shun the poor", and I know that Canada does not as well.
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions