Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    What was the name of the openly racist act of which our current immigration policy is a modified verson? The Chineese Exclusion act of 1882!!!!!
    First, this act was an amendment to an earlier immigration policy. Second, do you know what happened on Dec. 17, 1943?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    What was the name of the openly racist act of which our current immigration policy is a modified verson? The Chineese Exclusion act of 1882!!!!!
    you are amazing. Make absurd accusations, when asked for clarification, a cite, proof, or at least something akin to a big foot sighting to provide any support for your accusations you bring up an act that was enacted in 1882, that has not been in effect for decades.

You truly know your stuff.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    First, this act was an amendment to an earlier immigration policy. Second, do you know what happened on Dec. 17, 1943?
    You know he does a really good job of ignoring questions, changing the subject, rewording, redefining words. He would be a good Democratic candidate.
  4.    #244  
    Cardio, you're silly.
    Hoovs the act was repealed in 1943, however the parts of it still live on in the United States Code. The immigration policy we have now, is a modified version of that 1882 act, that has not been touched since 1943. It's purpose was still to maintain the racial balance of the United States. Just what I have said from the beginning.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    You know he does a really good job of ignoring questions, changing the subject, rewording, redefining words. He would be a good Democratic candidate.
    It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is.
    Cardio, you're silly.Hoovs the act was repealed in 1943, however the parts of it still live on in the United States Code. The immigration policy we have now, is a modified version of that 1882 act, that has not been touched since 1943. It's purpose was still to maintain the racial balance of the United States. Just what I have said from the beginning.
    Wrong again, Blaze. Don't believe me, believe Cornell Law School

The United States has a long history of immigration laws. The Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952 (INA) with some major, and many minor, changes continues to be the basic immigration law of the country. The most significant ammendment to the INA was in 1965 which abolished the natural origin provisions, and established a new quota system.
    emphasis mine
  7.    #247  
    Wrong again, Blaze. Don't believe me, believe Cornell Law School emphasis mine
    Good job, but it did not abolish the quota system altogether hoovs, which is STILL in place, and a holdover from the 1882 act.
    Good job, but it did not abolish the quota system altogether hoovs, which is STILL in place, and a holdover from the 1882 act.
    Forgive me if, in the absense of proof of a formal policy, I believe what Cornell says over what you're saying.
    Man.....this again????? If you don't get the answer you like, simply ask it again (or 20 times over) until you get the result you can swallow.

Again, talked about in detail in post #30

The Immigration Act of 1965 (abolishing the national-origin quotas)...............

The major source of immigration to the United States since 1965 has shifted from Europe to Latin America and Asia, reversing the trend since the founding of the nation. According to the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS), Europe accounted for 50 percent of U.S. immigration during the decade fiscal years 1955 to 1964, followed by North America at 35 percent, and Asia at eight percent. In fiscal year 1988, Asia was highest at 41 percent, followed by North America at 39 percent, and Europe at 10 percent. In order, the countries exceeding 20,000 immigrants in fiscal year 1988 were Mexico, the Philippines, Haiti, Korea, India, mainland China, the Dominican Republic, Vietnam, and Jamaica.
    As you can see this has been totally repealed and now Asia holds the HIGHEST immigration percentage...or at least by 1988. This is not racist.

You will also note what I was saying earlier that the countries exceeding 20,000 immigrants a year are Mexico, the Philippines, Haiti, Korea, India, mainland China, the Dominican Republic, Vietnam, and Jamaica......many of the very countries you are saying we are withholding visas for, yet they have most coming into the country......again....more that want to come in from a single source the longer the waiting period, in order to give the rest of the world a chance as well. You may not agree with it but allowing the most immigrants in from Mexico vs any other country is a positive note IMHO.

I also did not fail to notice that you had no documentation what so ever to support your claims or answer my questions with....again just theories and personal opinions.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 05/04/2006 at 02:31 PM.
    15. Chinese Exclusion Act of May 6, 1882 (22 Statutes-at-Large 58)

Provisions:

1. Suspended immigration of Chinese laborers to the United States for ten years.

2. Permitted Chinese laborers already in the United States to remain in the country after a temporary absence.

3. Provided for deportation of Chinese illegally in the United States.

4. Barred Chinese from naturalization.

5. Permitted the entry of Chinese students, teachers, merchants, or those “proceeding to the United States ... from curiosity.”

16. Immigration Act of August 3, 1882 (22 Statutes-at-Large 214)

First general immigration law, established a system of central control of immigration through State Boards under the Secretary of the Treasury. Provisions:

1. Broadened restrictions on immigration by adding to the classes of inadmissible aliens, including persons likely to become a public charge.

2. Introduced a tax of 50 cents on each passenger brought to the United States.
    How is this like anything on the books today?
    As an aging gracefully and still spry (clairegrrl can attest to this) Corsican refugee of conscience -- one unfairly denied my legitimate claim to political asylum -- I can understand why those hispanic millions prefer to walk into your country than contend with the vagaries of your biased immigration law.

Where is the equity, how do you invite in the Shah but deny me shelter --- I ask you -- is that fair ??

Though I have no green card -- my heart I swear remains blue, white, and red -- or red white and blue (the color order thing is not important)...
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  12.    #252  
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Man.....this again????? If you don't get the answer you like, simply ask it again (or 20 times over) until you get the result you can swallow.

Again, talked about in detail in post #30

As you can see this has been totally repealed and now Asia holds the HIGHEST immigration percentage...or at least by 1988. This is not racist.

You will also note what I was saying earlier that the countries exceeding 20,000 immigrants a year are Mexico, the Philippines, Haiti, Korea, India, mainland China, the Dominican Republic, Vietnam, and Jamaica......many of the very countries you are saying we are withholding visas for, yet they have most coming into the country......again....more that want to come in from a single source the longer the waiting period, in order to give the rest of the world a chance as well. You may not agree with it but allowing the most immigrants in from Mexico vs any other country is a positive note IMHO.

I also did not fail to notice that you had no documentation what so ever to support your claims or answer my questions with....again just theories and personal opinions.
    As usual, you are either attempting to define both sides of the discussion, or simply making an argument against NOBODY. Not one person here on the board has made any comments contradictary to anything in your post.

I called the Chineese Exclusion act of 1882 racist, just as I have said from the beginning.
  13.    #253  
    How is this like anything on the books today?
    Only with respect to it's quota system, which is what i have been calling in to question since post 2.
  14.    #254  
    Forgive me if, in the absense of proof of a formal policy, I believe what Cornell says over what you're saying.
    The statment from cornell is 100% consistent with mine.
    Only with respect to it's quota system, which is what i have been calling in to question since post 2.
    So, let me get this straight. You're equating a restriction on immigration from certain countries that have exceeded the quota set for ALL countries with the policy of exclusion of a certain ethnic group in 1882?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    So, let me get this straight. You're equating a restriction on immigration from certain countries that have exceeded the quota set for ALL countries with the policy of exclusion of a certain ethnic group in 1882?
    Guess who I am;

You are misrepresenting what I said.

I never said that

You are trying to make my argument for me, I will choose my argument myself
    The statment from cornell is 100% consistent with mine.
    No, its not. You said the immigration policy hasn't changed since 1947 and still includes quotas based on "natural origins". It changed many times since 1947 and one of those changes was:

" a. Abolished the national origins quota system (see the Immigration Act of 1924 and the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952), eliminating national origin, race, or ancestry as a basis for immigration to the United States."
  18.    #258  
    No, its not. You said the immigration policy hasn't changed since 1947 and still includes quotas based on "natural origins". It changed many times since 1947 and one of those changes was:

" a. Abolished the national origins quota system (see the Immigration Act of 1924 and the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952), eliminating national origin, race, or ancestry as a basis for immigration to the United States."
    Nope. I said the policy was based on a policy that included quotas based on "natural origins" and that it still includes quotas.

Now they are on the basis of your nationality instead of race.

That is why I said our policy is rooted in racism, not racist.
  19.    #259  
    By the way hoovs. Do you have any views of your own to share? Or are you simply here to attempt to impune the credibility of others that have differing views from yours?
    Nope. I said the policy was based on a policy that included quotas based on "natural origins" and that it still includes quotas.
    I didn't even have to go back a single page to get this quote:

Hoovs the act was repealed in 1943, however the parts of it still live on in the United States Code. The immigration policy we have now, is a modified version of that 1882 act, that has not been touched since 1943. It's purpose was still to maintain the racial balance of the United States. Just what I have said from the beginning.
    emphasis mine

Now they are on the basis of your nationality instead of race.

That is why I said our policy is rooted in racism, not racist.
    Oh, I see... it's not racist, just rooted in racism. That's funny! Really funny, Blaze.