Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 52
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    And as far as here at home ... how many times have you or your family been in danger EVER?
    I had two close calls about 4 1/2 years ago.

    But you're missing the point. The next attack might not be a local event.


    We haven't had a successful terrorist attack in the US in four years since the anthrax attacks. Most of the al Qaeda leadership has been captured or killed. Many terrorist plots have been foiled. Saddam, the Taliban, and Qaddafi are no longer a threat. Former fence-sitters, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan are now on our side and have helped us against al Qaeda. Even the IRA and ETA (not direct threats to us) have both laid down their arms.


    Four years ago, Saddam and Uday talked about delivering WMD via third-parties. That will never happen. Saddam is behind bars, and Uday is dead. If Saddam remained in power, that threat would always be a possibility.
    Last edited by samkim; 04/30/2006 at 03:32 PM.
  2. #22  
    The only real dangers this country face are from the likes of Harry Reid, Ted Kennedy and Nancy Pelosi
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    The only real dangers this country face are from the likes of Harry Reid, Ted Kennedy and Nancy Pelosi
    Amen.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  4. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Think apples and oranges.
    Really? Where did Osama first gain notoriety?
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    The point is that Hobbes called you on the facts. Now the only thing you have to go on is perception. Sort of like that old 3-1 line.
    He did? What facts?
  6. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    The only real dangers this country face are from the likes of Harry Reid, Ted Kennedy and Nancy Pelosi
    Or failed foreign policies/experiments, corruption, debt, covert inflation, all created under a 'conservative' reigne, your right nothing else to worry about.
    Last edited by NRG; 04/29/2006 at 07:34 PM.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim
    We haven't had a successful terrorist attack in the US in four years since the anthrax attacks. Most of the al Qaeda leadership has been captured or killed....
    There are so many slants, half truths, and outright misstatments in your post, i am not sure where to start.

    For one thing, the anthrax attacks were committed by american right-wing extremists, so I am not sure how this President's Invasion of Iraq has any bearing.

    To sum up the rest of your post. I will just say your views are in the extreme minority.
  8. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    For one thing, the anthrax attacks were committed by american right-wing extremists, so I am not sure how this President's Invasion of Iraq has any bearing.
    Please cite.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Please cite.
    Blaze cannot prove anything, he posts the most outlandish crap he can think up to whip people into a frenzy then stands back and laughs. Don't fall for it.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    ......

    For one thing, the anthrax attacks were committed by american right-wing extremists, so I am not sure how this President's Invasion of Iraq has any bearing.

    .......
    They caught them? I missed that. could you post a link to that news story?
  11. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    They caught them? I missed that. could you post a link to that news story?
    I could probably post a link to a story.
    Not something I would call a source though.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    I could probably post a link to a story.
    Not something I would call a source though.
    Story being the operative word...as in bedtime?
  13.    #33  
  14. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Story being the operative word...as in bedtime?
    Eh? I am lost. Please instruct on bedtime.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Or failed foreign policies/experiments, corruption, debt, covert inflation, all created under a 'conservative' reigne, your right nothing else to worry about.
    so...no worries
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    There are so many slants, half truths, and outright misstatments in your post, i am not sure where to start.

    For one thing, the anthrax attacks were committed by american right-wing extremists, so I am not sure how this President's Invasion of Iraq has any bearing.

    To sum up the rest of your post. I will just say your views are in the extreme minority.
    First, I referred to the anthrax as a marker in time. I couldn't say "since 9/11" because the anthrax attack was after that.

    And the rest of the post was a list of facts, not "views," "slants," "half truths," or "outright misstatements." I don't make things up like you do. If there
    is a single incorrect statement in my post, identify it.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74

    from your link

    The FBI and U.S. Postal Inspection Service are considering a wide range of domestic possibilities, including associates of right-wing hate groups and U.S. residents sympathetic to the causes of Islamic extremists. But investigators have no clear suspects.


    guess you know more than they do huh?
  18. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    from your link

    The FBI and U.S. Postal Inspection Service are considering a wide range of domestic possibilities, including associates of right-wing hate groups and U.S. residents sympathetic to the causes of Islamic extremists. But investigators have no clear suspects.


    guess you know more than they do huh?
    His source does backup what he kinda said.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    His source does backup what he kinda said.
    No it doesn't!! You're confusing facts with unsupported allegations.

    Blaze said, "the anthrax attacks were committed by american right-wing extremists."

    The article, which was written just one month after the initial attacks, says that this was one possibility.
  20. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim
    No it doesn't!! You're confusing facts with unsupported allegations.

    Blaze said, "the anthrax attacks were committed by american right-wing extremists."

    The article, which was written just one month after the initial attacks, says that this was one possibility.
    Right. Hence the reason I said it 'kinda' backed up his story. joke. Maybe I should have added a ?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions