Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by curly2004
    when i had probelms with getting my outlook email over to my 700w its took no less than 15 mins.Verizon knew what the probelm was and how to solve it.You guys dont like verizon but you cant afford it.Clear as day.Everyone on this site know sprint is crap but its cheap so that why you guys get it.With tech support with sprint they dont even know much.Really all they do is go to sprint.com and read to me what i already know.They have to transfer you to a level 3 tech before you can get things solved.That takes 1 hr +!!Who has time for that.Verizon is the future!!.Nextel are losing so many subscribers because of coverage its not even funny.Why would sprint pick up nextel??O yea walkie talkie.If you want a real walkie talkie go buy the real thing not a phone/walk talkie.Nextel phone only have 3.5 hours of talk time.lol. chip chip the feds are watching!!
    Curly, why is it you think people can not afford VZ? You are the only one here who posted things like
    "yea i think i will end up getting a 700p.$126 a month is close to my car note"
    I do have to ask, what kinda car is it that cost a whoppin $126 a month?
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by firefinder24
    Not quite - I pay 19.99 with Cingular and get unlimited data with my treo as well as 1500 texts and 200 MMS!!!!! You need to know how to work the system!
    No longer need to work the system. CS reps have been trained that the Treo does not need VPN so they will the $19.99 plan with no issues.
    My car note is 268.
    carido you said my treo 700w was fake what do you know.You have to work the system with cingular or 39.99.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wireless Hub
    I just spoke with two different sprint people and both say the p will be launch first. they are being trained on the 15th for the P to launch later in the month, and will be told at a later time when training will be on the W

You are doing better than I am doing. They only confirm a 700 series. I probably have called a dozen times!
    Let's "go to the videotape" and settle this:

Here's the independently published "average" speeds.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,1772935,00.asp

-Sprint / Verizon CDMA 80 kbps
    -Cingular EDGE 220 kbps (reduced by latency to an effective 80-100 on routine usage, large downloads have little detriment from latency)
    -Sprint / Verizon EVDO 800 kbps (other sites report as much as 1,000 kpbs)

Cingular HSDPA 1.8 1,000 kbps
    Cingular HSDPA 3.6 2,000 kpbs

Sprint Vision $14.95
    Sprint PowerVision (EVDO) $19.95
    Verizon EVDO $44.95
    Cingular Unlimited MediaNet $19.99
    Cingular HSDPA MediaNet equivalent (unknown)

I find it hard to argue that Verizon's EVDO is any better faster than Sprint's ... it's the exact same technolgy, only difference is Verizon charges more and while Verizon had more towers converted in January, Sprint has since passed them. And, excuse my ignorance being a GSM user, but if there's no Verizon tower around, don't Verizon users roam on Sprint ?
    Cingular Unlimited 39.99
    Verizon EVDO WINS HANDS DOWN
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    carido you said my treo 700w was fake what do you know.You have to work the system with cingular or 39.99.
    Would you care to provide any proof, or details of where I said your treo 700w was fake? I just looked and I do not see anything like that even in jest. So, I think an apology is in order on that statement as well as your attempt to confuse indiviualson cingular pricing. I just looked at the cingular web page and media net unlimited is $19.99, I called CS and verified I could get media net unlimited on a 650 for $19.99, I looked at my bill on-line and media net unlimited on my treo 650 is $19.99.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Can someone remind me how to view a post with a particular poster ignored??
    Thanks.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbcross
    Can someone remind me how to view a post with a particular poster ignored??
    Thanks.
    Click on user cp, scroll down, on left side is buddy list/ignore option.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Click on user cp, scroll down, on left side is buddy list/ignore option.
    You forgot the key step...you need to add the person to the ignore list and click update...

Now...for example...if you wanted to ignore...say...Curly2004 you'd simply add his name and click "update". Not that I condone this...I'm just sayin....

Seriously, though, I love getting all points of view...even if they can become a bit tedious at times. I learn far more from people I disagree with than those who think I as do. Thankfully, it's easy to become a genius this way...
    Last edited by Haggar; 05/03/2006 at 01:53 PM. Reason: to be a bit nicer...
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    You forgot the key step...you need to add the person to the ignore list and click update...

Now...for example...if you wanted to ignore...say...Curly2004 you'd simply add his name and click "update". Not that I condone this...I'm just sayin....

Seriously, though, I love getting all points of view...even if they can become a bit tedious at times. I learn far more from people I disagree with than those who think I as do. Thankfully, it's easy to become a genious this way...
    I just assumed once they got to that point it was pretty self explanatory
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    I just assumed once they got to that point it was pretty self explanatory
    I understand. I...ahem...want to provide an...ahem...example...just for the sake of...uh...providing a complete user experience...yeah, that's it....
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    I understand. I...ahem...want to provide an...ahem...example...just for the sake of...uh...providing a complete user experience...yeah, that's it....
    Understood and appreciated. GO VERIZON!!!!!!!
    If you don't want dropped calls come on over to Verizon.
    From Cingular press release after Telephia's independent study was published.

"Telephia conducted drive tests last year in 290 markets across the country, covering roughly 88 percent of the U.S. population.

The testing team placed more than 1.5 million calls and measured the number of calls dropped versus the number of calls placed. The results showed that our Cingular network is significantly better than Nextel, Sprint, T-Mobile, and Verizon on this key measurement."
    I am not cheerleading Cingular, just saying that any statement that any network is superior to any other depends simply on where you are standing and whose tower is closer at the moment. It's not like any one of the Big 3 carriers is in a dominant position....their subscriber bases are not that far apart. It's like arguing what ethnic group or hair color are the best female kissers.....you gonne judge an entire group based upon an experience with what ... 2 chicks : ) ? (See other thread for my answer to that one)

More likely how well a person kisses is dependent on many things other than ethnicity or hair color.

I gotta give Cingular a tiny piece of credit for using an independent testing firm rather than their own "in house" testing. But that doesn't mean that Cingular didn't say "Hey go out and test these 290 markets and skip the other 40....don't go there (because we won't do well in those locations).

I carry a Cingular phone primarily because it has the best signal in my area. I also like GSM features (SIM cards and extended battery life) but those considerations are secondary. I carry a Verizon phone as a backup in case I get in a GSM deadzone. I haven't been in a GSM deadzone however since April 2005 as that was the last call dialed on that phone. Now if I moved down by Perry from what he told me, I'd be asking to have him take me down to see the local Sprint saleslady .... I gotta remeber to ask Perry how she kisses ?
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Thanks guys, I appreciate your input. I am especially thankful for your example Haggar, I find real life illustrations to be invaluable.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    It's like arguing what ethnic group or hair color are the best female kissers.....you gonne judge an entire group based upon an experience with what ... 2 chicks : ) ?
    Let me be the first to offer my companies services...we would like to be the independent 3rd party company who does this study! Obviously we'll need a huge sample, too...not 2...not 200. I think we need to test every market. This could get expensive...

I guess ultimately, as has been said 1000's of time in the various forums here, there isn't a "perfect" carrier for everyone.

As crapola as Nextel coverage is, for example, I have many contractor friends who swear by it because they have all their sub-contractors linked up and ready to go...with free incoming minutes on their cell phones they are in hog heaven cause they get unlimited incoming service and push to talk (the way they make nearly *all* outgoing "calls") for $60 a month....of course...many of these guys end up asking a homeowner if they can use their phone cause they don't have a connection...but who I am to preach about professionalism to them?

I've used just about everyone in my market. I love the coverage I get with Sprint and the price. I had a 700w on Verizon for a few days here and returned the phone. It had nothing to do with the phone or the coverage -- simply that it was going to cost me upwards of $40 a month more for exactly the same kind of plan I had on Sprint. I reasoned that the advantage of EVDO did not outweight the extra cost and the fact that I was using a much "clunkier" operating system!
    Cingular Unlimited 39.99
    Blackberry User on Cingular Needs to pay $39.99
    Treo 650 User on Cingular Needs to pay ONLY $19.99

This web page still says MediaNet Unlimited $19.99

https://www.cingular.com/media/media_net_purchase

Ya see if you have a Blackberry and/or need to tunnel into a VPN, then you need PDAConnect w/ VPN which is in fact $39.99. The Treo 650 can work on a VPN network but it is NOT required. So if you are not accessing a BB server or any other private network, there is no need to pay extra for a service you don't need.
    Stop talking about perry he doesnt know anything. All you guys know is rumors. Rumors do not tell you anything.You need to know the fact. Stop kissin up to perry because he is the mod.You guys listen to perry so much he told you guys the treo 700p was coming out in Feb/Mar.Do you guys remember that??Did it come out??NO!!We have had photoshoped pics of the 700p from shadowmite with the sprint logo. All you guys were so happy to so photoshopped pics of the 700p. You made youself think it was real.Then when the guy came on hear with the 700p for verizon you guys get all mad and start saying its too burry.You guys are just mad Verizon are getting the Treos first!