Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    I would put Verizon & Sprint #1 & #2 in coverage nationally, with Verizon being better than Sprint in more areas than vice-versa. So if you travel the US alot, Verizon may be the better choice. But if you stay put, it could be one or the other. Ask around, or try the phones on both networks for less than 2 weeks and find out for yourself.
    I will definitely stick with the Palm version, I just hate getting into this crazed pre-release madness! I can't stay away from the boards for more than a couple hours at a time AGAIN!!!!!
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    Quote Originally Posted by christo1970
    I have unlimited data and 500 minutes for less than $20 (with all the discounts). Don't think Verizon can beat em, or I'd join em.
    Holy Shnikes!! What kind of freak plan is that!?

I'm looking back into changing my plan w/ Sprint, and I will say, the $15 data plan is schweet... But how in the world could you possbly get 500 minutes for that low? What kind of crazy discounts are you getting?
    will all respect christo my first cell phone was a sprint SCP-5500 / VM-4500.I paid around 499.99 for the phone.It was sprint best phone at the time and came with the readylink crap.I am from New Orleans and went to school at ITT Tech in St.Rose,La.I would not get service.I would be in class and that phone would make seaching for signal beeps like every 10 mins.Even here is FL my brother cant get a signal with the sprint tre0 650 in the mall.Then i converted over to nextel aka craptel.I was able to get 1 bar with the I860 399.99 phone , but when i move around from a certain spot i would drop the call.I called nextel to get drop call credit like with sprint but they said they dont do that.When i came out here to FL nextel became so bad i had to tell people i will call them on the house phone before the call dropped.I just got verizon and i am very pleased.If you can afford a great carrier like verizon go for it.I think cingular would be second far to none.
    i am more than sure sprint is going to raise the price on the evdo plan watch.Verizon is 44.00 and cingular is 39.99.Sprint is going to be losing money by charging 15.00 a pop.Watch they are going to jump to 29.99
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by curly2004
    i am more than sure sprint is going to raise the price on the evdo plan watch.Verizon is 44.00 and cingular is 39.99.Sprint is going to be losing money by charging 15.00 a pop.Watch they are going to jump to 29.99
    Cingular unlimited is only $19.99 a month. Yes, there is a $39.99 per month plan, but you do not need it for the Treo unless you must have VPN, and few people need that.
    Every region has their own best coverage, mine had been nextel up until about 3 years ago and then AT&T was best, now of course Cingular. Currently we get decent coverage from all carriers, but cingular still a little better where I normally travel.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    what is true is that the treo 700p will launch the week of May 28th.More good new Verizon is also getting the 700p soon.If you don't want dropped calls come on over to Verizon.Sprint/Nextel is just horrible.Only reason people would go with Sprint/Craptel is to be cheap.You get what you pay for.Cheapskates!!
    Everyone has different experiences, but I've had nothing but good things to say about Sprint over the last 4 years. My one-month experience with VZ on the 700w was anightmare from support to billing. And you can keep that $45 plan for a worse-than-Sprint EV-DO plan with all kinds of restrictions attached.

700p on Sprint first I say, and I wouldn't be surprised if the upcoming 'w' is NOT the 700...
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    cingular doesnt even have evdo.They are so behind.19.99 for 5mb lol!!You need unlimited and that is 39.99.You cant do anything on a treo with a 19.99-34.99 plans.Go do your research.What is EDGE??lol
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    cingular doesnt even have evdo.They are so behind.19.99 for 5mb lol!!You need unlimited and that is 39.99.You cant do anything on a treo with a 19.99-34.99 plans.Go do your research.What is EDGE??lol
    Dude, check your facts before you post. LOL
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Whoa dude...I'm using $19.99 unlimited EDGE on my Cingular 8125, and the Treo 650 before it. EDGE is similar in speed/response to Sprint's Vision (I've been corrected on this one myself - it's technically faster, but higher latency, so about the same effective speed). Only about 1/4-1/3 the speed of EVDO, but great for email and light browsing, and available almost everywhere there is Cingular signal.

Sprint may raise the price for EVDO, and probably could and STILL undersell Verizon (hogs get fat, pigs get slaughtered). Let's hop enot for you CDMA mavens. I have no doubt with Cingular that when HSDPA spreads, adn I move to a Hermes, it will cost substantially more.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    when i had probelms with getting my outlook email over to my 700w its took no less than 15 mins.Verizon knew what the probelm was and how to solve it.You guys dont like verizon but you cant afford it.Clear as day.Everyone on this site know sprint is crap but its cheap so that why you guys get it.With tech support with sprint they dont even know much.Really all they do is go to sprint.com and read to me what i already know.They have to transfer you to a level 3 tech before you can get things solved.That takes 1 hr +!!Who has time for that.Verizon is the future!!.Nextel are losing so many subscribers because of coverage its not even funny.Why would sprint pick up nextel??O yea walkie talkie.If you want a real walkie talkie go buy the real thing not a phone/walk talkie.Nextel phone only have 3.5 hours of talk time.lol. chip chip the feds are watching!!
    on my treo 700w i am getting 728k you are not even getting 300k at most.Edge is like driving a car backwards.Forget all the talk lets post speed results!!
    HP iPAQ hw6515??
    Windows 2003 OS.
    Bluetooth® connectivity for connecting wireless accessories
    GPRS/EDGE High-Speed Data Access
    850/900/1800/1900 MHz - Quad-band for international compatibility
    1.3 MP camera with LED flash
    Integrated Secure Digital (SDIO) slot, integrated Mini-SD slot
    Integrated GPS receiver (GPS application must be purchased separately)
    Mobile Instant Messaging using MSN® Instant Messenger
    3.0" transflective TFT QVGA; 64K colors
    Integrated microphone, receiver, speaker, one 2.5 mm stereo headphone jack, MP3 stereo (through headphone jack)
    Includes Microsoft® Outlook 2002 and Microsoft® ActiveSync® 3.8 (Desktop device synchronization)
    Full QWERTY keyboard
    Multimedia messaging - send text, pictures and sound
    Downloadable ringtones, graphics and games
    HP Wireless Modem Application (for PC)

I dont understand why would you release this pda with a 2003 OS.This thing was doomed from the start.WM 2005 was already out in time for this device.This like Nextel releasing the i930.DOOMED DOOMED!!
    on my treo 700w i am getting 728k you are not even getting 300k at most.Edge is like driving a car backwards.Forget all the talk lets post speed results!!
    This is not a weight lifting contest. I'll concede any day that EDGE is slower than EVDO. Just how much info can you stream to that tiny screen to begin with? Second, I find it hard to beleive you can really do 728kbs on that weak processor - even on WiFi I can't push my 8125 far beyond 500kbs.

It all comes down to getting the best service for your area. Here in the SW, Cingular provides voice service way off the Interstate corridors, while Sprint/Verizon never leave the corridors. If I can't get a call, no amount of data prowess can make up for that.
    curly - you "b-stupid". Get it?? hehe.

Verizon ain't worth jack if you can't get a signal where you live and work. Same with Sprint. As posted above, Sprint is king here in Austin - and most of Texas IMO. I know people with T-M, Cingular and Verizon who can't get signals for **** around here. I have traveled all over the US and have always been happy with my Sprint coverage. Sprint has always fixed my problems quickly and efficently. Each carrier has their warts and problems, but don't go telling this forum sh*t like "You guys dont like verizon but you cant afford it".

And by the way - hit the space bar after each period.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    when i had probelms with getting my outlook email over to my 700w its took no less than 15 mins.Verizon knew what the probelm was and how to solve it.You guys dont like verizon but you cant afford it.Clear as day.Everyone on this site know sprint is crap but its cheap so that why you guys get it.With tech support with sprint they dont even know much.Really all they do is go to sprint.com and read to me what i already know.They have to transfer you to a level 3 tech before you can get things solved.That takes 1 hr +!!Who has time for that.Verizon is the future!!.Nextel are losing so many subscribers because of coverage its not even funny.Why would sprint pick up nextel??O yea walkie talkie.If you want a real walkie talkie go buy the real thing not a phone/walk talkie.Nextel phone only have 3.5 hours of talk time.lol. chip chip the feds are watching!!
    Okay...I know this isn't adding anything to the conversation but in response to this I just have to say...

WHATEVER
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex
    And by the way - hit the space bar after each period.
    Typing class was 20 years ago for me...but I think that's actually "Hit the space bar twice..." ???
    Rick (I mean bubbatex) is right. Although we may disagree on Sprint in Texas (it's great in the big metro areas - Austin, DFW, Houston, San Antonio - bu flunks when you leave the interstate corridors), it's not a case of not being able to afford Verizon - they're just CLEARLY over-priced for what they deliver.
    Not quite - I pay 19.99 with Cingular and get unlimited data with my treo as well as 1500 texts and 200 MMS!!!!! You need to know how to work the system!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    I have the processor running at 512 with XCPUScalar2005.Im pulling 728k.One sec u said edge is faster now you saying why would you need higher speeds when looking at webpages on a small screen?Edge is just slow its nothing more than 1X.