Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Hi Curly!

His sarcasm was not at your pictures but at all the OTHER pictures and goings on around here of recent days. . . . . . . no need to photoshop a device that exists and is being sold !!

Cheers, Perry.
    Exactly! Sorry if I riled you Curly.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    My guess -- if the 700P won't be able to do it -- neither can the 650.
    Don't know if it will stay that way though. Is there a 3G POS device out there yet where something like a sling box would be practical? When the 700p is released then they might have a reason to release a POS version.
    It's actually a very tight comparison. If the w has a 320X320 screen, I would pick it for video streaming capacity. I would over look its crappy interface.

But with a 240X240 screen? I am picking the p, no question. Microsoft need to try harder next time.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    curly?
    why terminate verizon to switch from 700w to 700p?
    simply replace your phone.
    no need to change carriers and pay fees.
    (no folks I'm not startin the whos better thing again)
    when is verizon getting the 700p?
    Quote Originally Posted by curly2004
    when is verizon getting the 700p?
    That's the $64,000 question.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  7.    #47  
    This is my most recent info fron sprint contact.......The Treo 700p is expected to launch the week of May 28th at an SRP of $679.99, or $529.99 with a 2-year Agreement. The latest I have heard on the 700w is sometime in July.

Its looking like im going to go with the P just because i can't wait any longer to get a treo. That is unless someone can convince me to wait a couple more months for the W.

Let me ask this question to all of you treo experts. What will i not be able to do on the P that i wold be able to do on the W? Is there any ease of use that would push you towards W?

Wireless Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Wireless Hub
    This is my most recent info fron sprint contact.......The Treo 700p is expected to launch the week of May 28th at an SRP of $679.99, or $529.99 with a 2-year Agreement. The ...
    If this is correct, it is outrageous. I got the new Cingular 8125 for $299 by adding a second year to my remaining one year contract. There is no way on god's green earth this phone could be worth $230 more.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  9.    #49  
    I have gotten this price from a couple different sources. I Hate to say it but it seems pretty certain this will be the price. by the way this is for sprint service not for cingular just fyi. but yes i wish the phone was cheaper as well
    Last edited by Wireless Hub; 05/03/2006 at 11:26 AM.
    the 700p will be the same price as the 700w.Got this info from a sprint business advisor.
    IS the whole world out to drive Perry into restraints (straightjacket) even within the PPR ? Now they saying da "w" is 1st:

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...?threadid=6415

"Sprint retail outlets will be receiving the 700W on Friday May 12th for a Monday May 15th launch. No final confirmation on the 700P yet. (Launch date or carrier)... The odds are looking like Verizon will get the 700P first around the same time Sprint gets the 700W. (Sprint will get it also, it's just a matter of when... I'm hearing May 28th, which is 2 weeks after the espected Verizon launch."
  12.    #52  
    I just spoke with two different sprint people and both say the p will be launch first. they are being trained on the 15th for the P to launch later in the month, and will be told at a later time when training will be on the W
    what is true is that the treo 700p will launch the week of May 28th.More good new Verizon is also getting the 700p soon.If you don't want dropped calls come on over to Verizon.Sprint/Nextel is just horrible.Only reason people would go with Sprint/Craptel is to be cheap.You get what you pay for.Cheapskates!!
    Sprint is getting the 700w first.Around the 14th of this month then they are getting the 700p the week of the 28th.Which will you buy?Verzion is set the get the 700p sometime the 12th-15th of this month.Go Verzion!!I will have the 700w and 700p!!Bring it Perry.
    Hey Strauss!

You win, if the 700W beats the 700P by two weeks.

hey perry are you ready to convert to windows as your new religion.
    Too much PalmOS experience.

Too many Palm applications.

We will see what the 900P (Palm/Linux) Treo is like before I even think of going there.

Hey Curly, I've used Tmobile with my first treo (270) as it released before the other carriers. They sucked. At my business I used Verizon, and they were good, but that time Sprint beat em to the punch. So now Verizon finally got the first new Treo, but I have to tell you in Austin - Sprint network is the best. I don't have dropped calls, I have unlimited data and 500 minutes for less than $20 (with all the discounts). Don't think Verizon can beat em, or I'd join em.
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    perry when i get my 700p i guess you will share some of those palm apps?I am going to tell you i am a windows guy but when it comes windows on the treo its too much.It needs to be more one handed.Its to hard to close out apps and stuff.I wonder how much i can get for my 700w in the box on ebay.i how i can get close to 399.00 back for it since they will not get a 2 year contact.
    Hey Strauss!

You win, if the 700W beats the 700P by two weeks.

Perry, this is all BS.

A two week separation between these two devices makes no sense whatsoever. If you're going to release both, then why not at the same time - "Here's your two flavors of Treo 700" - two weeks apart is just a great way to encourage "try before you buy the next model" how many returns can they sustain. I'll tell you this much, if they slipstream the 700w out just two weeks ahead of the 700p, I'l declare a tie on our bet - better still, I'll send your princess a $10 Best Buy Card (does she like iTunes?).
    Last edited by dstrauss; 05/03/2006 at 12:18 PM.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast