1.    #1  
    A lot of people aren't wired like that...they just want to push and go. They want the fast car kit or cool car model, but would rather buy it already assembled and play with it not realizing that building it is the funnest. I have large 1/4 scale gas R/C cars that I enjoyed building than driving. After the hours of painting the body at the end...I just wanted to put it somewhere and look at it...the same with RTFM. I love buying something and hacking it first to learn and using the manual when I need it, and I mean reading it inside out for what ever you didn't understand during the hacking period and it is all fun. Its the journey(RTFM), not the destination(Treocentral forum).
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    I love buying something and hacking it first to learn and using the manual when I need it, and I mean reading it inside out for what ever you didn't understand during the hacking period and it is all fun. Its the journey(RTFM), not the destination(Treocentral forum).
    What do you do after you take it outta da box and throw it on the charger for 5 hours ? .... build an RC car I'll bet ...wanna come over and help my son with his Ofna ?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    What do you do after you take it outta da box and throw it on the charger for 5 hours ? .... build an RC car I'll bet ...wanna come over and help my son with his Ofna ?
    I was thinking ahead of my typing. I don't hack with my gas car assembly,not electric...I read the manual from start to finish. I meant I hacked with devices, like the treo, friends 6700, etc., then after I might get stuck, I refer to the manual. I have always been a gear head...like today at work, I was programming our feed robot and we had a mechanical issue with our pneumatic applications, and instead of calling in our maintenance tech's, I hacked on it and figured out the problem myself...hacking is good, as long as you don't hack for destruction, hack to be productive...LOL
    at&t iPhone3G
    My son's Ofna is gas, not electric. Dam engine is so tight we get blisters starting it. But once going dat buggy sure does fly
  5.    #5  
    My son's Ofna is gas, not electric. Dam engine is so tight we get blisters starting it. But once going dat buggy sure does fly
    They sure do...I don't think I can go back to electric, but never say never.
    at&t iPhone3G
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Why not use a starter box. I have got one for my mugen.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Cool and the Gang... I was planning on getting one.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    I have one, the most powerful one they sold. Won't budge the thing.....this motor is just too tight.
  9.    #9  
    I have one, the most powerful one they sold. Won't budge the thing.....this motor is just too tight.
    What type of motor is it?
    at&t iPhone3G
    Big black thing ... it has jumper cables which I use with my car battery. Not here right now Or I'd go and get the numbers off it. A buddy of mine has about 9 cars and I went over to his place one night and his bump box was as "robust". I can move the knurled wheel on his cars with my thumb....can't budge the Ofna.
  11. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    :shakes head:
    <split from An answer to RTFM.>
    Ahh this thread brings back memories, I have an ofna gas powered rc car at home that I haven't used in a couple of years but it was awesome building it and driving it. That thing was fast, 50mph!
    If you want to live on the edge, get into 60 size nitro powered Helicopters. Go spend around 3000.00 dollars on a nice fiberglass bodied one, not counting the radio gear, spend a couple of weeks or more building and painting it.

Then go fly it all day without a mishap.

Priceless.

Chuck