Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    You can't be serious!

Have you even watched any of the News Hour programs? The 1st 10 minutes is listing the happenings.. pure and simple. No commentary. The remaining 50 minutes has interviews with representatives from both (and sometimes more) sides of the issues. Each person is allowed to talk, uninterrupted, to make their point. Unlike Hannity & ___ or O'Riley (or Chris Wallace or the Situation Room and the rest of the crap). Their weekly commentary is by (David) Brooks and (Mark) Shields. Or Shields and Gigot, or Gergen, or Lowry. Each alloed to talk in complete sentences.

The host Jim Lehrer does not vote in elections or participate in any electoral process, in an effort to avoid being partisan.

No one can be 100% unbiased.. but at least they come the closest!
    PBS is the most leftist propaganda tool on television. Lehrer tries his best, but when your affiliated with such "fair-minded" people such as Bill Moyers, Nina Totenberg, and Charlie Rose just to name a few, reminds me of the old adage: If you sleep with dogs, you'll wake up with fleas. If that is the case, Moyers is infested.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    What really must suck is to have a mental capacity such that the only argument one is capable of is to call one's opponent a fascist.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    What really must suck is to have a mental capacity such that the only argument one is capable of is to call one's opponent a fascist.
    It's out of their handbook, right after "what to do when the person you're debating has an IQ higher than 60."
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    PBS is the most leftist propaganda tool on television. Lehrer tries his best, but when your affiliated with such "fair-minded" people such as Bill Moyers, Nina Totenberg, and Charlie Rose just to name a few, reminds me of the old adage: If you sleep with dogs, you'll wake up with fleas. If that is the case, Moyers is infested.
    Bill Moyers = very liberal
    Charlie Rose = Don't watch him
    Nina Totenberg = is she on PBS? or NPR?

Let's stick to News Hour for the moment. How biased is that program? More than other MSM and cable news shows?

What about Nova, Frontline (depending on the topic, this program can have a point of view), Masterpiece Theater, This Old House, Antique Roadshow, American Experience, Scientific American Frontiers (Alan Alda hosts this .. so I suppose this is out), Nature?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Bill Moyers = very liberal
    Charlie Rose = Don't watch him
    Nina Totenberg = is she on PBS? or NPR?

Let's stick to News Hour for the moment. How biased is that program? More than other MSM and cable news shows?

What about Nova, Frontline (depending on the topic, this program can have a point of view), Masterpiece Theater, This Old House, Antique Roadshow, American Experience, Scientific American Frontiers (Alan Alda hosts this .. so I suppose this is out), Nature?
    I will admit that News Hour is better than most. My point was PBS in general is liberal pablum.
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    ...I mean, everybody knows the earth was created 5000 years ago when adam and eve used to ride disosaurs to church.
    I guess it sucks to be facist these days, now that Hitler had to go and give all of them a bad name.
    LCD

They taught us all about this concept in math in eigth grade - lowest common denominator. The left seems to have mastered this concept and transferred it to their logic lessons. Never a rational argument - bring it to its lowest common denominator, an ad hominem attack that is simplistic enough even their followers of diminished mental capacity can cling to.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Silly insults about mental capacity aside...

1.) opponent? lol
    2.) Who called somebody a facist.
    Silly insults about mental capacity aside...

1.) opponent? lol
    2.) Who called somebody a facist.
    You tell me. And while you're at it, tell me who insulted whom.
    Speaking of news medias, here is the latest study of which News Orgs are the most trusted in each region:

Fox, BBC, Al Jazeera most trusted in their respective nations

One-quarter of consumers abandoned a news source over the past year because they lost trust in its reporting, according to a new survey that also found the BBC, Fox News and Al Jazeera the most trusted brands in their respective home regions.

Results of a poll of more than 10,000 adults in 10 countries by the British Broadcasting Corporation, Reuters Group Plc and The Media Center were released on Wednesday, with an additional finding that media worldwide were trusted by an average of 61 percent of respondents compared with 52 percent who said they trusted their governments.

---------------

Asked to name the news source they most trusted, without any prompting, 59 percent of Egyptians said Al Jazeera, 52 percent of Brazilians said Rede Globo, 32 percent of Britons said the BBC, 22 percent of Germans said ARD and 11 percent of Americans said Fox News, each leading their respective nations.

The most trusted news brands globally were the BBC, Britain's publicly funded broadcaster, and CNN, which is owned by the world's biggest media conglomerate, Time Warner Inc..

FULL STORY: http://reuters.myway.com//article/20...SURVEY-DC.html
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Let's check the tote board friends:
    If you are a fox fan, you're standing to the far right. If so, then the middle and even the moderate right would be a over to the left.
    <<Doesn't it get tiring for dems to blame everything on bush and cheney, and for republicans to blame everything still on Clinton. We should all be independants.>>

Then you can blame everybody for everything!
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    If you are a fox fan, you're standing to the far right. If so, then the middle and even the moderate right would be a over to the left.
    Show me where any of those on the left side of my list are moderate, much less moderate right.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123