Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    rolleyes
    What? For sharing what my wife forwarded onto me about a corp view of the Avian Flu or for taking 3 or 4 afternoons of preparations to provide for my family during an emergency and sharing it in case it helped someone else who is interested in doing the same?
    Blaze...I am still interested in what you were rolling your eyes for.
    Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    You got something against "brain food"?
    I confess that I too have become more concerned about my health as I’ve begun to age.

we worry about cholesterol -- and we've done away for example with fried foods -- and our chef has also cut way back on the amount of homo sapien that he serves.

you can't be too careful -- and that applies especially to brain.

Except for truly special occasions like a wedding, New Years, or a coronation, its now strictly verboten at our table.

BTW-- though we both may know another monkey around here who approves of intra species cuisine -- I have to say, speaking only for myself, that I think that’s just wrong -- don’t care who I offend ...!!
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  4.    #44  
    If it wasn't bird flu it would be mad cow or flesh eating bacteria, or gas masks in school, or keeping anthrax antidote in the cupboard, and moving to a cabin in the forrest, growing a beard, and digging a fallout shelter and hiding out there with my rifles and grenades to prepare to shoot my neighbors if they try to steal a can of spam after the end of days arrives.
    If it wasn't bird flu it would be mad cow or flesh eating bacteria, or gas masks in school, or keeping anthrax antidote in the cupboard, and moving to a cabin in the forrest, growing a beard, and digging a fallout shelter and hiding out there with my rifles and grenades to prepare to shoot my neighbors if they try to steal a can of spam after the end of days arrives.
    good point, people are simply unrealistic in their fears
    Sprint Kyocera 6035> Verizonized Sprint 6035> Treo 300> Sprint Treo 600> Sprint Treo 650> Cingular 8125> Sprint Treo 650> Sprint Treo 700wx

“It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it.” -George W. Bush

BE AMERICAN, USE CDMA
    Can a post be grotesque enough to actually be removed for TOS?
    Can you tell me what was wrong or inaccurate about my post?
    Anyone?
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by lovedatreo
    good point, people are simply unrealistic in their fears
    In my life, I have been in 1 major earthquake (in CA), seen a tornado (but luckily never came close to the building I was in, though still very scary...and had the experiencing of helping those where not so lucky), and a volcanic eruption (which was pretty bad even though luckily main blast was in the opposite direction of Portland, OR).

So...you two see spending 4 afternoons after work making sure we have 72 hour kits, some canned goods, and a supply of water in preparation for my family in an area that has been and will be subject to natural disasters as obsessive with unrealistic fears?

I think I would call it being responsible for the welfare of my family.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 04/26/2006 at 02:21 AM.
    So...you two see spending 4 afternoons after work making sure we have 72 hour kits, some canned goods, and a supply of water in preparation for my family in an area that has been and will be subject to natural disasters as obsessive with unrealistic fears?

Don't be so paranoid, Hobbes! If anything happens FEMA will take care of us.
  10.    #50  
    Don't be so paranoid, Hobbes! If anything happens FEMA will take care of us.
    Now that is funny!
    In my life, I have been in 1 major earthquake (in CA), seen a tornado (but luckily never came close to the building I was in, though still very scary...and had the experiencing of helping those where not so lucky), and a volcanic eruption (which was pretty bad even though luckily main blast was in the opposite direction of Portland, OR).

i guess what i am saying is it is good to be prepared in general but kind of dumb to get all excited and calling doomsday over every new thing that comes along. the bird flu will pass, the volcano probably wont erupt for a million years but who knows a power grid could fail or a water main could burst and you will have the convenience of already having water and supplies.

good thinking....but keep it general, not focused on one thing
    Sprint Kyocera 6035> Verizonized Sprint 6035> Treo 300> Sprint Treo 600> Sprint Treo 650> Cingular 8125> Sprint Treo 650> Sprint Treo 700wx

BE AMERICAN, USE CDMA
  12.    #52  
    GREAT POST.....I fully agree with that!!!! As I stated above in post #4, I only posted about the Bird Flu because I found it interesting seeing it from an corporations eyes and what they were sharing with their employees.

If you notice in the first post I stated we did the prep for the basic supplies long before we ever heard anything about the Bird Flu. I should draw a line in the first post to help seperate that out a little better.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 04/26/2006 at 03:14 AM.
    good idea, now i must stop being a TC junkie and sleep

BE AMERICAN, USE CDMA
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123