Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Would never have guessed that one.

Hehehehehehehehe.
    I agree that criticizing Israeli policy should not be equated with being anti-semitic (just ask any of the Satmar Hassidim or, for that matter, at any one time half of the Knesset would be considered anti-semitic). But you kind of started off on the wrong foot with your original post. I cringed when I read it even though I knew what you were getting at.

The praying for a house snark? Or the lobbying produces favors more than best policy?
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    The praying for a house snark? Or the lobbying produces favors more than best policy?
    The former. It made it sound more like a Jewish thing than an Israeli thing.
    The former. It made it sound more like a Jewish thing than an Israeli thing.
    I dunno. I get tired of that arguement, and not just from Jewish pro-Israel people but also (rapture) Christian pro-Israel people.
    I dunno. I get tired of that arguement, and not just from Jewish pro-Israel people but also (rapture) Christian pro-Israel people.
    I'm neither (if I understand your meaning of "(rapture) Christian"). But I do realize that one must be careful when discussin people that can be interpreted to mean a nationality or a race/religion. I would use similar care when discussing the Japanese, for example.
    Last edited by hoovs; 04/24/2006 at 04:31 PM.
    I'm neither (if I understand your meaning of "(rapture) Christian"). But I do realize that one must be careful when discussin people that can be interpreted to mean a nationality or a race/religion. I would use similar care when discussing the Japanese, for example.
    Or those Manifest Destiny people. Let's not forget them.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    DaT,

where did anyone accuse you of being anti-semetic. I asked you if you hated all jews or all Israelies. You said you hate all Israelies. I then asked if that included arab israelies and you didn't answer.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    "I dunno. I get tired of that arguement, and not just from Jewish pro-Israel people but also (rapture) Christian pro-Israel people."

one more thing DaT...Don't start trying to take the moral highground and just declaring your hate for all Israelis.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    DaT,

where did anyone accuse you of being anti-semetic. I asked you if you hated all jews or all Israelies. You said you hate all Israelies. I then asked if that included arab israelies and you didn't answer.

Don't recall stating anyone accused me of being anti-semetic(sic). I don't really hate Israelis. I do however have a great distaste for current policy and the overall meess the whole thing created. But it does show you what one can accomplish with a little terrorist bombing.
    So if I pray enough I can take your house???
    no. praying enogh dosnt give anyone a right to do that. that's not what I mean. I'm not talking religously at all. what I mean is the bible and talmud are documents showing titlle. our prayers thru the centuries of israel show we never recinded title. if someone takes your house and you say ok afterwards then you give up title. jews never said ok to what happened thousands of years ago.
    the prayers show that. anyway I really don't want to fight with you I respect your opinion and you stated your point respectfully. and your point does make sence(i know spelled wrong) thank you. I think I'm justified in how I feel and say.
    Or those Manifest Destiny people. Let's not forget them.
    My turn...
    My turn...
    What? Not similar?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123