Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43
  1.    #1  


    Ex-CIA agent says WMD intelligence ignored


    Ex-CIA agent says WMD intelligence ignored
    Reuters
    WASHINGTON - The CIA had evidence Iraq possessed no weapons of mass destruction six months before the 2003 U.S.-led invasion but was ignored by a White House intent on ousting Saddam Hussein, a former senior CIA official said according to CBS.

    Tyler Drumheller, who headed CIA covert operations in Europe during the run-up to the Iraq war, said intelligence opposing administration claims of a WMD threat came from a top Iraqi official who provided the U.S. spy agency with other credible information.


    The source "told us that there were no active weapons of mass destruction programs," Drumheller said in a CBS interview to be aired on Sunday on the network's news magazine, "60 Minutes."


    "The (White House) group that was dealing with preparation for the Iraq war came back and said they were no longer interested," he was quoted as saying in interview excerpts released by CBS on Friday.


    "We said: 'Well, what about the intel?' And they said: 'Well, this isn't about intel anymore. This is about regime change'," added Drumheller, whose CIA operation was assigned the task of debriefing the Iraqi official.


    He was the latest former U.S. official to accuse the White House of setting an early course toward war in Iraq and ignoring intelligence that conflicted with its aim....

    No such weapons have been found, however, and U.S. assertions that they existed are now regarded as a hugely damaging intelligence failure.....
    Last edited by theBlaze74; 04/21/2006 at 10:05 PM.
  2. #2  
    and is there a point to this?
  3. #3  
    In February 2009 PM me and I will tell you the real reason we are in Iraq.
  4. #4  
    Reuters 2003. All rights reserved. Users may download and print extracts of content from this website for their own personal and non-commercial use only. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters. Reuters and the Reuters sphere logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Reuters group of companies around the world.

    Munk warned you once...
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  5. #5  
    The obvious reason we went to Iraq was to get the 700p!

    (sorry, couldn't resist...)
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  6. #6  
    And another extreme left wing liberal SPASM......

    Chuck
  7. #7  
    Great news story Blaze! And in other news, "Titanic Hits Iceberg".
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  8. #8  
    Oh yeah....

    The previous guy before Bush, that would be Clinton, the Democrat Comander in Chief SPAZ agreed there were WMDs in Iraq before Bush was in office.

    I see theblaze isn't having a spasm over that...

    Chuck
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    The obvious reason we went to Iraq was to get the 700p!

    (sorry, couldn't resist...)
    Does this confirm the PPR is at Abu Ghraib? That explains the Perry situation finally!!!
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by chckhbrt
    Oh yeah....

    The previous guy before Bush, that would be Clinton, the Democrat Comander in Chief SPAZ agreed there were WMDs in Iraq before Bush was in office.

    I see theblaze isn't having a spasm over that...

    Chuck
    Along with Kerry, Hillary, Reed and the rest of the world. Some people have a selective memory.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by chckhbrt
    Oh yeah....

    The previous guy before Bush, that would be Clinton, the Democrat Comander in Chief SPAZ agreed there were WMDs in Iraq before Bush was in office.

    I see theblaze isn't having a spasm over that...

    Chuck
    He wasn't having a spasm over it. Also Clinton did not spend $500 billion and 2600 American lives did he? I am not sticking up for Clinton but you have got to get over the fact he has not been prez for 5+ years and you still want to impeach him. You will find it hard to defend a prez with a mid-30's approval rating. I suppose you will say Clinton was going to give control of the ports to a foreign government, not fixing New Orleans after the hurricane and I suppose it was his fault that the prez revealed the name of a covert CIA agent to further his plan to invade Iraq.

    My point is grow up and be an American not a Democrat or a Republican. If you love this country it is the right thing to do.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    Great news story Blaze! And in other news, "Titanic Hits Iceberg".
    So the president did know Iraq had no wmd before he invaded?

    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chckhbrt
    Oh yeah....

    The previous guy before Bush, that would be Clinton, the Democrat Comander in Chief SPAZ agreed there were WMDs in Iraq before Bush was in office.

    I see theblaze isn't having a spasm over that...

    Chuck

    Along with Kerry, Hillary, Reed and the rest of the world. Some people have a selective memory.
    So the president didn't know Iraq had no WMD before he invaded?
  13. #13  
    You're confused. You'll always be confused.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    So the president did know Iraq had no wmd before he invaded?

    So the president didn't know Iraq had no WMD before he invaded?
    I know this is tough for you, so I will type slowly...

    Everyone, including intelligence sources from the U.S., France, Russia, Germany, etc. and Senators and Congressmen on both sides of the isle knew Iraq had WMD's before the war. You guys tried to use this argument in the last election and you got spanked. Now you're brining it up again? Old news.

    Someone said the definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over expecting a different result. Desperate libs keep bringing up this tired argument and you hope that it will hurt the President. Here's another news flash, George Bush is not running again, get over it.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    I know this is tough for you, so I will type slowly...

    Everyone, including intelligence sources from the U.S., France, Russia, Germany, etc. and Senators and Congressmen on both sides of the isle knew Iraq had WMD's before the war. You guys tried to use this argument in the last election and you got spanked. Now you're brining it up again? Old news.

    Someone said the definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over expecting a different result. Desperate libs keep bringing up this tired argument and you hope that it will hurt the President. Here's another news flash, George Bush is not running again, get over it.
    Um, geatches ... this is an article about a report from the CIA, that white house had intellegence before invading that Iraq did NOT have WMD.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Um, geatches ... this is an article about a report from the CIA, that white house had intellegence before invading that Iraq did NOT have WMD.
    One former CIA agent in Europe should trump worldwide intelligence? Wasn't there an anchor of a major network that staked his reputation on crap documents, what ever happened to him?
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    One former CIA agent in Europe should trump worldwide intelligence? Wasn't there an anchor of a major network that staked his reputation on crap documents, what ever happened to him?
    Therrreee we go. Welcome to the conversation. Glad you could make it.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Therrreee we go. Welcome to the conversation. Glad you could make it.
    Great retort.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    Great retort.
    You made the mistake of making sense. Nothing left to say.
  20. #20  
    How could the "Whole world knew that Iraq had WMDs" when it was nearly impossible to have 100% certainty of of that fact? in addition the fact that none have been found to date seems to make the CIA agent correct.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions