Page 1 of 18 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    One of my favorite lyrics in musical history is from an old Doobie Brothers song What A Fool Believes. It goes like this..."No wise man can reason away what a fool believes." If you hate MS or you hate POS or you hate something else you are not going to be able to convince any of us to switch just like I can not convince you that MS is a good thing. I personally know MS and the Gates Foundation spends $100's of Millions to provide aid to those in need worldwide, computers to schools and a lot of other things to help humanity. But that is not going to change your mind or anyone else's so I don't make that argument.

Let the facts stand. Let the future unfold and enjoy life just a little...

Walmart is probably charitable too. After they killed competition so many towns have no choice but to use them, no wonder they're so incredibly profitable. You get that way when you make sure you're practically the only game in town.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Walmart is probably charitable too. After they killed competition so many towns have no choice but to use them, no wonder they're so incredibly profitable. You get that way when you make sure you're practically the only game in town.
    Competition drives the economy. Making Walmart or MS the bad guy because they are great at what they do is silly.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    Competition drives the economy. Making Walmart or MS the bad guy because they are great at what they do is silly.
    Many times, there is NO competition with Walmart or MSFT because they made it that way through "interesting" means. That ISN'T good.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Many times, there is NO competition with Walmart or MSFT because they made it that way through "interesting" means. That ISN'T good.
    If a company made it so there was no competition it was probably because they were far enough ahead or advanced so those who would be competitors could not catch up. Who's fault is that? I can not blame Wal-Mart for selling the same product cheaper, for being open extended hours, for providing a larger selection the Mr. McCrugers department store.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    If a company made it so there was no competition it was probably because they were far enough ahead or advanced so those who would be competitors could not catch up. Who's fault is that? I can not blame Wal-Mart for selling the same product cheaper, for being open extended hours, for providing a larger selection the Mr. McCrugers department store.
    I agree. Don't whine and blame Walmart or MS, blame your neighbors, your friends, your family and yourself.
    But you CAN blame Wal-Mart for getting ahead via questionable ways such as illegal workers and whatnot. Anywho, sorry to contribute towards taking this thread off topic.

Maybe this new Treo is actually just going to be sponsored by Hollywood Hulk Hogan or something, and that's why there's so much confusion. Man, wouldn't that be a hilarious marketing campaign!
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
  7.    #7  
    I refuse to even go near a Walmart. Thank goodness Chicago has MANY stores and doesn't have the predicament of many small towns! It's Walmart or nothing for them and Walmart has a lot of horrible stuff. Not all, but a lot.

8.    #8  
    I support smaller businesses also. And I don't like ONE choice for everything.

I refuse to even go near a Walmart. Thank goodness Chicago has MANY stores and doesn't have the predicament of many small towns! It's Walmart or nothing for them and Walmart has a lot of horrible stuff. Not all, but a lot.
    Horrible stuff? That's must be why they're doing so poorly. Keep in mind they employ more people than any other business in the country and offer not only jobs, but also health insurance to more workers than anyone else.
  10.    #10  
    Horrible stuff? That's must be why they're doing so poorly. Keep in mind they employ more people than any other business in the country and offer not only jobs, but also health insurance to more workers than anyone else.
    You buy your clothes and shoes from there??? Plus those no name electronics?

...but also health insurance to more workers than anyone else.
    That's a good one.
    I guess that's why Walmart is phasing out more full time jobs and increasing part time employment to avoid having to give health care.
    Walmart is evil and to try to argue otherwise is futile.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    Great argument. Refute with facts or don't bother me.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    That's a good one.
    I guess that's why Walmart is phasing out more full time jobs and increasing part time employment to avoid having to give health care.
    Not only that, but they've been accused of age, sex and race discrmination. Then there's the one that got caught hiring an all-illegal maintenance crew and got a slap on the wrist.

Thanks folks.
    You buy your clothes and shoes from there??? Plus those no name electronics?
    Obviously someone does.

PERIOD ENDING 31-Jan-06 31-Jan-05 31-Jan-04
    Total Revenue 315,654,000,000 287,989,000,000 258,681,000,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Could I politely ask that we create a Wal-Mart thread in Off Topic, before the whole thread heads there?
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...804#post956804
    Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 04/20/2006 at 06:36 PM.
  17.    #17  
    Obviously someone does.

PERIOD ENDING 31-Jan-06 31-Jan-05 31-Jan-04
    Total Revenue 315,654,000,000 287,989,000,000 258,681,000,000
    I'm well aware that many misguided people buy their cheesy stuff. Like I said before, not all their stuff is bad, but if I had to depend on them alone for EVERYTHING, I'd be crying!

I agree with Perry that probably some parts of this thread should be moved to "off-topic".

LOL

Like herding cats.
    You're welcome.

MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  20.    #20  
    Please try asking the Mods to move the posts from that other thread over. Otherwise, we'll all end up repeating ourselves(not that I haven't done that before).

Page 1 of 18 12345611 ... LastLast