Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 344
  1. #161  
    So to sum it up, screw healthcare, you dont like Walmart because you hate immigrants and communists?
  2. #162  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    So to sum it up, screw healthcare, you dont like Walmart because you hate immigrants and communists?
    Okay, informal poll:
    1) Do you agree with Blaze's interpretation with Scott's post?
    2) Do you think Blaze has blazed once too often?
  3. #163  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Okay, informal poll:
    1) Do you agree with Blaze's interpretation with Scott's post?
    2) Do you think Blaze has blazed once too often?
    the blaze is ok. i think hes a asset to these forums. if we all had the same point of view it would be boring. hes made a lot of good posts.
  4. #164  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    So to sum it up, screw healthcare, you dont like Walmart because you hate immigrants and communists?
    Blaze - see you're over here spreading joy, egalitarianism and the proletariat as well.

    I don't think any fair minded reviewer could ever distill Scott's tome to "immigrants and communists" in such a dismissive fashion. I can't say I agree with everything he said, but tossing labels is a weak way of trivializing a complex problem.

    Hoovs: 1. Yes, 2. Yes; but he is entertaining in his own way.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  5. #165  
    When my car battery died at 3am guess who was open and carried the one I needed.


    It wasn't Bubba's Car Parts-n-Stuff
  6. #166  
    Quote Originally Posted by protonpump
    the blaze is ok. i think hes a asset to these forums. if we all had the same point of view it would be boring. hes made a lot of good posts.
    Oh, I don't think he should leave. But it would be nice to get a rational discussion every now and then without the, as strauss puts it, 'dismissive' tone.
  7. #167  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Yes; but he is entertaining in his own way.
    Okay, I guess I'll give him that.
  8. #168  
    Blaze and friends are my daily reminder that people with an absolutely skewed point of view are still out there and I should remember that Reid, Pelosi, et al actually serve a constituency.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  9. #169  
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    Blaze and friends are my daily reminder that people with an absolutely skewed point of view are still out there and I should remember that Reid, Pelosi, et al actually serve a constituency.
    Just think how BORING it would be without the Michael Moore wing(nuts) of America. Who else would we have to poke...
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  10. #170  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Just think how BORING it would be without the Michael Moore wing(nuts) of America. Who else would we have to poke...
    So true. Also, if we're alway right, someone has to be wrong (left).
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  11. #171  
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    So true. Also, if we're alway right, someone has to be wrong (left).
    They're not only wrong, they're sinister.
  12. #172  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Oh, I don't think he should leave. But it would be nice to get a rational discussion every now and then without the, as strauss puts it, 'dismissive' tone.
    It is not only the rational discussion but the hit & run tactics of throwing out a claim then changing the subject with a different claim without facing any facts that were presented that may contradict his original claim.

    This is not just just the left, but a common tactic of both sides....and usually only by those on the extreme edges of either side.
  13. #173  
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    It is not only the rational discussion but the hit & run tactics of throwing out a claim then changing the subject with a different claim without facing any facts that were presented that may contradict his original claim.

    This is not just just the left, but a common tactic of both sides....and usually only by those on the extreme edges of either side.
    I've heard you attempt to position yourself in the middle many times, but it's not entirely honest is it Hobbes? Exactly which of your views are more mainstream than mine?

    And as far as throwing out a claim and changing the topic. How many threads have you killed Hobbes by simply drowning them in copy pasted text until readers are bored and move on.
  14. #174  
    I am very honest in my opinions I post. Some will agree with them, and some will not. I am not an ego poster as I don't feel that I always have to be right. If I find that I have made a false claim or statement, I will publicly recognize it and apologize.....I have done so several times with DaThomas for example. I do listen to all sides. In several situations after a discussion I have found myself acknowledging or agreeing with another's argument that was originally opposed to mine....which t2gungho and even Barye come to mind. After someone has shared their sources or why they hold a certain opinion, I will recognize it as a very valid opinion, even though I do not personally agree with it......Redbelt is a recent example.

    I know you have not been around here that long and don't know a lot of the history of repeating claims. Mainly the times I have copy and pasted a great deal is only after the 5th or 12th time of covering the same answers for the same topic or argument, over and over and over again. I can assure you that my intentions had no entertainment goals, but rather for informational purposes only for those who might be interested in why I feel I posted the opinion or claims that I did.

    If you are not interested in reading or educating yourself with the sources of my claims, skip it. The scroll bar can be a wonderful tool in forums for just such a case.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 04/26/2006 at 06:00 PM.
  15. #175  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    I've heard you attempt to position yourself in the middle many times, but it's not entirely honest is it Hobbes?
    Can't you disagree with someone without calling them dishonest?
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  16. #176  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    And as far as throwing out a claim and changing the topic. How many threads have you killed Hobbes by simply drowning them in copy pasted text until readers are bored and move on.
    How about throwing out a claim and then not backing it up with anything?
  17. #177  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    How about throwing out a claim and then not backing it up with anything?
    What if your claim can't be backed up? They "feel" a certain way so therefore it must be true. The beauty of libs is they never allow facts get in the way of their opinion, trying to get them to understand fact and separate it from their “feelings” is futile.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  18. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #178  
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    What if your claim can't be backed up? They "feel" a certain way so therefore it must be true. The beauty of libs is they never allow facts get in the way of their opinion, trying to get them to understand fact and separate it from their “feelings” is futile.
    Or, they throw out a claim and then challenge you to prove it false.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  19. #179  
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    What if your claim can't be backed up? They "feel" a certain way so therefore it must be true. The beauty of libs is they never allow facts get in the way of their opinion, trying to get them to understand fact and separate it from their “feelings” is futile.
    You think this is bad, go over to the WHite House press secretary thread to see real drivel in action. Back in high school and college debate, it was called a "straw man argument" that was tossed out there as misdirection for their true meaning. This total lack of intellectual honesty on the left is getting to be ridiculous, and the worst part is they really think they are right.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  20. #180  
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    What if your claim can't be backed up? They "feel" a certain way so therefore it must be true. The beauty of libs is they never allow facts get in the way of their opinion, trying to get them to understand fact and separate it from their “feelings” is futile.
    This is true... in my experience.
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions