Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Please try asking the Mods to move the posts from that other thread over. Otherwise, we'll all end up repeating ourselves(not that I haven't done that before).
    I must've missed something. Don't worry though, I'll SEARCH on my own
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I'm well aware that many misguided people buy their cheesy stuff. Like I said before, not all their stuff is bad, but if I had to depend on them alone for EVERYTHING, I'd be crying!

I agree with Perry that probably some parts of this thread should be moved to "off-topic".
    You don't shop there, so no one else should? Maybe there are people with means less than you that rely on these "cheesy" products. In many regions, Walmart is the only retail provider in low-income areas that provide not only jobs and healthcare, but also much needed affordable products. You should thank them, not bash them.
    Last edited by geatches; 04/20/2006 at 07:04 PM.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    You don't shop there, so no one else should? Maybe people with means less than you rely on these cheap, "cheesy" products. In many regions, Walmart is the only retail provider in low-income areas that provide not only jobs and healthcare, but also much needed affordable products. You should thank them, not bash them.
    Thank them? Cheap products cost more in the end because they simply don't last and are often poorly made. I always end up regretting going on the cheap, so I simply try to avoid at all costs.

Are you one of their shareholders, by any chance? If so, thank them for staying out of much of Chicago! They're here, but not taking over whole neighborhoods(at least not yet), thank goodness!

And why haven't some parts of this thread been moved?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Thank them? Cheap products cost more in the end because they simply don't last and are often poorly made. I always end up regretting going on the cheap, so I simply try to avoid at all costs.

Are you one of their shareholders, by any chance? If so, thank them for staying out of much of Chicago! They're here, but not taking over whole neighborhoods(at least not yet), thank goodness!

And why haven't some parts of this thread been moved?
    No, I do not own shares of Walmart. I did want to point out your baseless remarks for what they are - feelings not facts. Again, the gall of poor people for not being able to buy "quality" products like you, they should be ashamed of themselves.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  5.    #25  
    No, I do not own shares of Walmart. I did want to point out your baseless remarks for what they are - feelings not facts. Again, the gall of poor people for not being able to buy "quality" products like you, they should be ashamed of themselves.

That's not what I meant. I meant cheaply made products are often not good. I've owned quite a few BTW, and paid for them in other ways. Whether it be them falling apart too soon and needing to be replaced, or just not working right. Thank goodness I never paid a more severe price with my life or health, because some cheap products have been known to kill. So no, I don't applaud Walmart for selling a lot of crap. But I did also say that not everything from them is bad.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Boycott Wal-Mart!
    Wal Mart rules!

Wal Mart sucks!

Now can I close this thread? :-)
  8.    #28  
    So those off-topic posts on the other thread will stay there?

give me the link i'm too tired to search.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    give me the link i'm too tired to search.
    Last pages of the "No More Hollywood" thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=112252

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Last pages of the "No More Hollywood" thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=112252
    What?!?! That thread again... I got rid of a couple of OT's on that one late last night.
    What?!?! That thread again... I got rid of a couple of OT's on that one late last night.
    You'll be proud of me, I wasn't involved in the Wal Mart debate.

"poor people" shouldn't feel the need to spend their money on fancy things like electronics and whatnot, instead of feeding their children in the first place. WalMart supports the kind of thinking that makes these people feel that a big screen TV is more important than feeding their own children. Also, do you honestly think if WalMart was able to phase out all their own competition that they would still offer their prices? WalMart's practices are barely legal. Haven't you ever noticed how they move their stores around so that they are close to their target competition (often across the street or right next door)? As soon as that competition is phased out, many of the WalMart stores close and move to a new location not too far away, but closer to their next competition. They are trying to form a monopoly. Also WalMart has had a lot of employee trouble because of their treatment of employees. If you think they treat their employees well, you are under a dillusion. WalMart is a horrible company. Do a google search on "anti-WalMart" and you will find some of the many organizations against WalMart and they will give you the facts. Then do a search on "anti-kmart". You won't find any organizations. Sorry. Now back on topic.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    That's not what I meant. I meant cheaply made products are often not good. I've owned quite a few BTW, and paid for them in other ways. Whether it be them falling apart too soon and needing to be replaced, or just not working right. Thank goodness I never paid a more severe price with my life or health, because some cheap products have been known to kill. So no, I don't applaud Walmart for selling a lot of crap. But I did also say that not everything from them is bad.
    Mods - can we move part of this off topic.

LT - you're over the top this time, out of bounds, plain wrong, and a Chi-towner should recognize when they're in the middle of Lake Michigan on thin ice. They do not sell a lot of "crap" as most of their products are name brand and very durable (from years of shopping there). Their employees treat you in a friendly and kind manner. Benefits may not be what you would like in a utopian society, but they do provide jobs when other retailers don't. By your own admission, you won't shop there, so how do you know their products fall apart, need replacing, or just don't work?

PS - no affiliation here with Walmart by employment or investment.

Let's give it a rest, and go back to bashing Palm.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    You'll be proud of me, I wasn't involved in the Wal Mart debate.
    You were on the golf thing.
    You were on the golf thing.
    What??? Did you delete my posts? I shot an 87 yesterday. Best round of the year, so far!

I shall have my revenge the next time I tee up. Notice the resemblence?
    Attached Images Attached Images

What??? Did you delete my posts? I shot an 87 yesterday. Best round of the year, so far!

Wait a darn minute, you are not practicing some kind of voodoo are you? I keep getting these headaches now and then!
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Mods - can we move part of this off topic.

LT - you're over the top this time, out of bounds, plain wrong, and a Chi-towner should recognize when they're in the middle of Lake Michigan on thin ice. They do not sell a lot of "crap" as most of their products are name brand and very durable (from years of shopping there). Their employees treat you in a friendly and kind manner. Benefits may not be what you would like in a utopian society, but they do provide jobs when other retailers don't. By your own admission, you won't shop there, so how do you know their products fall apart, need replacing, or just don't work?

PS - no affiliation here with Walmart by employment or investment.

Let's give it a rest, and go back to bashing Palm.
    Sorry if I offended you, but I've seen some of the stuff from there. I'm talking about things like clothes, shoes and cheap electronics(I mean the cheap stuff) more, not everything.

I did say not all their stuff was bad, no one seemed to notice that even though I said that 3 times.

Another reason I won't shop there is I refuse to support a place that takes over communities so that they're the only business there.

hahaha omg that post made my day thanks Insertion.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Hey, everyone votes by their own wallet. Since Wal-Mart presents itself as a low cost vendor (not in all products - but that's part of the strategy), lots of folks go there. I tried but I can not stand the product presentation.

I was part of a protest group to put up Wal-Mart near our place since it is predominantly residential area. We got voted out by the current admin in our town. They promise controlled construction with regards to dust etc., you kidding me? Now dust from the construction permeats the whole area within the 5 mile radius. I wash my car each week which usually last between 4 to 5 days before, now, it is dusty by the next day.

Does it do good for the neighborhood, probably for some but it also brings along a couple of other undesired traffic and visitors from nearby areas.
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast