Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    I'm well aware that my body is no longer my own and that I have to account to everybody for my reproductive choices. It's headed that way again. and is actually that way in many parts of the country already. See the people in this thread who already agree that I can be denied health care even if I was raped, simply because the store has decided to make the decision for me. Even though it's supposed to be open to the public.
    GO TO ANOTHER STORE!! WoW

You already said that you don't even shop there. So are you saying that giving birth to your rape baby would still be thier fault???
    Unless you are an illegal alien, you have no business shopping in Walmart anyway! They sell shoes for people with webbed feet.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Uh, yeah, its called a state board of pharmacy and every state has one. The difference with MA and IL is that they have singled out specific politically correct drugs that they make pharmacies carry. And, don't be fooled, it has NOTHING to do with healthcare.
    Well more accurately, making sure a pharmacy stocks plan B is EXACTLY the type of thing the state board was intened to do. And the analogy would be the pharmacy deciding not to stock ANY antibiotics, as Walmart does not stock ANY emergency contraceptive at all.

However, your right any reasons NOT to stock Plan B, have nothing to do with science, nothing to do with health care, and EVERYTHING to do with politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    GO TO ANOTHER STORE!! WoW
    Either go to another store or lobby your representitive to make sure Plan B is stocked. Which is exactly what happend.
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Unless you are an illegal alien, you have no business shopping in Walmart anyway! They sell shoes for people with webbed feet.
    Immigrants have webbed feet?
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Immigrants have webbed feet?
    I never said anything about immigrants. I spoke of aliens as seen here.
    Well more accurately, making sure a pharmacy stocks plan B is EXACTLY the type of thing the state board was intened to do. And the analogy would be the pharmacy deciding not to stock ANY antibiotics, as Walmart does not stock ANY emergency contraceptive at all.

However, your right any reasons NOT to stock Plan B, have nothing to do with science, nothing to do with health care, and EVERYTHING to do with politics.
    WRONG! State boards of pharmacy do not exist to dictate which drugs a pharmacy carries--providing they are all legal drugs and are obtained legally with the appropriate forms--but to regulate the distribution of those drugs through proper channels by the appropriate licensed pharmacists to the patient. If you can provide any documentation to prove otherwise, I will recant my statement. But I'm sure you won't.
    WRONG! State boards of pharmacy do not exist to dictate which drugs a pharmacy carries--providing they are all legal drugs and are obtained legally with the appropriate forms--but to regulate the distribution of those drugs through proper channels by the appropriate licensed pharmacists to the patient. If you can provide any documentation to prove otherwise, I will recant my statement. But I'm sure you won't.

Please say you arent holding your breath!!!
    This thread reminds me of the lyrics to a James Taylor song:

I've been wanderin' early late
    From New York City to the Golden Gate
    And it don't look like
    I'll ever stop my wanderin'
    My daddy was an engineer
    My brother drives a hack
    My sister takes in laundry
    While the baby balls the jack
    And it don't look like
    I've been in the army
    I've worked on a farm
    And all I've got to show is the muscle in my arm
    And it don't look like
    My ma she died when I was young
    My daddy took to stealin' and he got hung
    And it don't look like
    Snakes in the ocean
    Eels in the sea
    I let a redheaded woman make a fool out of me
    And it don't look like
    I've been wanderin' early late
    From the New York City to the Golden Gate
    And it don't look like
    No, it don't look like
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Please say you arent holding your breath!!!
    Now you are asking me to prove that one of the responsibilities of the Massachusets pharmacy board is to ensure that pharmacies are adequately stocked? And if I don't, it must not be true.

Your attitude that you must be right uless and until you are presented with documented proof to the contrary is arrogant.
    Tis far better to be arrogant than ignorant
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Tis far better to be arrogant than ignorant
    Poor Blaze, he has become a punchline. Example: Do you have any proof for your outlandish ramblings, or are you going to pull a Blaze - hahahahaha!
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    Poor Blaze, he has become a punchline. Example: Do you have any proof for your outlandish ramblings, or are you going to pull a Blaze - hahahahaha!
    A punch line is the final part of a joke, usually the word, sentence or exchange of sentences which is intended to be funny and to provoke laughter from listeners.

So I think what you are saying is that we substitute punch line with Blaze
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    A punch line is the final part of a joke, usually the word, sentence or exchange of sentences which is intended to be funny and to provoke laughter from listeners.

So I think what you are saying is that we substitute punch line with Blaze
    Well said Miss Claire.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Now you are asking me to prove that one of the responsibilities of the Massachusets pharmacy board is to ensure that pharmacies are adequately stocked? And if I don't, it must not be true.

Your attitude that you must be right uless and until you are presented with documented proof to the contrary is arrogant.
    If I can find the information then you can. Unless you think it arrogant of me to assume you have similar googling skills and access to a computer.

This is what other state boards have to say about the issue:

(a) A pharmacist furnishing emergency contraception pursuant to Section 4052 (a)(8)(ii) of the Business and Professions Code shall follow the protocol specified in subdivision (b) of this section.
    Authority: Section 4052 of the California Business and Professions Code authorizes a pharmacist to furnish emergency contraception pursuant to a protocol approved by the Board of Pharmacy and the Medical Board of California. Use of the following protocol satisfies that requirement.
    Referrals and Supplies: If emergency contraception services are not immediately available at the pharmacy or the pharmacist declines to furnish pursuant to conscience clause, the pharmacist will refer the patient to another emergency contraception provider. The pharmacist shall comply with all state mandatory reporting laws, including sexual abuse laws.
    EC Product Selection: The pharmacist will provide emergency contraception medication compatible with product information from the list of products specified in this protocol. This list must be kept current and maintained in the
    pharmacy. Along with emergency contraception products, the list will include adjunctive medications indicated for nausea and vomiting associated with taking EC. Patients will be provided information concerning dosing and potential adverse effects.

Documentation: Each prescription authorized by a pharmacist will be documented in a patient profile as required by law.

Training: Prior to furnishing emergency contraception, pharmacists who participate in this protocol must have completed a minimum of one hour of continuing education specific to emergency contraception.
    http://www.pharmacy.ca.gov/laws_regs/lawbook.pdf
    emphasis mine

You can read the whole thing. Nothing in it states that a pharmacy is required to carry anything except that, if they do provide ECP, they are required to carry all options. Before the ECP debate, this is how all State Boards operated.

One of the problems with what IL and MA are doing is that there are many pharmacies that specialize in certain areas of care that will be adversely affected. If these states require Wal-Mart to carry ECP then they should require all pharmacies to otherwise they're singling out Wal-Mart. But if they require all pharmacies to carry ECP then they are requiring specialized pharmacies to carry a drug that they will never dispense. In other words, they are requiring state businesses to waste money.
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    He's a lot like DaThomas but with less information.... At least Da reads the whole articles before his Knee-Jerk reactions
    Would it be legal for pharmacies and pharmacists who have a moral objection to ECP, since many laws have Conscience Clauses that allow exceptions, to include a brochure noting the dangers of such medication (hemmorages, etc.) and offering other alternatives? They could include information about local crisis pregnancy centers that can help the mother either raise the child, or put the kid up for adoption. That would not stop the woman from taking the drug, but would make them an informed consumer so they can make an educated choice.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    What about pharmacies in Catholic hospitals? Certainly the government has no business forcing someone to disobey their religion- that would "prohibiting the free exercise thereof"...
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!