Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    the difference between phone stores and pharamacies is that they are not equally regulated -- or doing business as an entity which is integral peoples' health.

when I'm on the run from one of your minions and I need to find a store that sells T-mob to replace the phone I lost jumping through that 4th floor window -- your not selling T-mob may endanger my life, but I'm ok with that.

but it would not be ok if I went to a WM pharmacy to get some antibiotics to heal the gun shot wound gotten from one of your interns only to discover that they don't carry them -- because "they've decided not to offer antibotics because they are morally opposed to the murder of innocent young microbes"

Pharmacies have to meet a considerable burden of minimum standards before they can open for business.

A licenced pharmacist must be on duty -- drugs must be stored in apropriate conditions of refrigeration etc. -- and unless they're selling to Rush Lambaugh they are not allowed to dispense $10,000 worth of controled narcotics to somebody with a forged prescription.

why indeed ?!
    A couple of factors you neglected to mention: 1) A doctor needs to write a prescription, one does show up at a pharmacy and just get drugs, 2) Doctors (or their staff) usually call in the prescription to the pharmacy of your choice, 3) If a pharmacy does not carry the medication you need (most pharmacies do not have every drug known to man) your doctor can phone it to a pharmacy that does carry your drug. Finally, you lose credibility brining up Rush. I thought you libs claim drug abuse as an illness and we should have compassion for the victims of this heinous disease?
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    A couple of factors you neglected to mention: 1) A doctor needs to write a prescription, one does show up at a pharmacy and just get drugs, 2) Doctors (or their staff) usually call in the prescription to the pharmacy of your choice, 3) If a pharmacy does not carry the medication you need (most pharmacies do not have every drug known to man) your doctor can phone it to a pharmacy that does carry your drug. Finally, you lose credibility brining up Rush. I thought you libs claim drug abuse as an illness and we should have compassion for the victims of this heinous disease?
    the walmartization of america means the elimination of choice -- its the red chinese one source for everything model.

As walmart devours small town mid america there are lots of places that are far away from sources other than a walmart.

whether rush is a drug addict or a drag queen is ok with me -- what I HATE are phoney holier than thou hypocrites

(JC: "death to all those POSERS who have the arrogance to throw the first stone")
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    the walmartization of america means the elimination of choice -- its the red chinese one source for everything model.

As walmart devours small town mid america there are lots of places that are far away from sources other than a walmart.

whether rush is a drug addict or a drag queen is ok with me -- what I HATE are phoney holier than thou hypocrites

(JC: "death to all those POSERS who have the arrogance to throw the first stone")
    Since you neglected to refute any of my points, I will conclude that you have gracefully acquiesced to my brilliance and will refuse to spar with me in the future. I bid you a good night.
    Since you neglected to refute any of my points, I will conclude that you have gracefully acquiesced to my brilliance and will refuse to spar with me in the future. I bid you a good night.
    perhaps I'm sometimes too abstruse -- but I thought I had answered that issue when I wrote:

"not the same -- its not that WM (or some other RX store) was choosing to not offer a certain brand (t-mob) -- they are unilaterally not offering an entire product category

It would be as if they decided not to offer antibotics because they were morally opposed to the murder of innocent young microbes"

Not every pharmacy must carry every permutation of every drug

But they had best not carry antibiotics just because they are opposed to the murder of innocent microbes !!

not to sell an entire category of drugs because of a political agenda is unacceptable
    perhaps I'm sometimes too abstruse -- but I thought I had answered that issue when I wrote:

"not the same -- its not that WM (or some other RX store) was choosing to not offer a certain brand (t-mob) -- they are unilaterally not offering an entire product category

It would be as if they decided not to offer antibotics because they were morally opposed to the murder of innocent young microbes"

Not every pharmacy must carry every permutation of every drug

But they had best not carry antibiotics just because they are opposed to the murder of innocent microbes !!

not to sell an entire category of drugs because of a political agenda is unacceptable
    Your whole "opposed to the death of innocent microbes" argument is so patently stupid it's hard to get past. I would venture a guess that every pharmacy in the country carries the most commonly prescribed antibiotics. "Killing" microbes is a bit different than terminating a pregnancy, but I dont expect you to admit that.
    The antibiotics example is a poor one. Very few people who would fill and take a prescription would be opposed to the drug they are taking killing the germs or whatever that ails them. That'd be the point of seeking medical attention for said ailment. As a result I seriously doubt there will ever be a pharmacy that refuses to sell antibiotics.
    On the other hand there is a substantial group of folks opposed to the termination of pregnancy by any means and there are likely pharmacists in that group. Owning the pharmacy makes it possible to decide to dispense or not dispense based on ones belief system or opinion. I would suspect that a pharmacist opposed to abortion who was forced to dispense an abortion drug would likely look for employment else where. In your example Mass. is trying to legislate morality by forcing people to advocate, even contribute to, an act they are opposed to. Is that what you want government doing? Or is it ok as long as they are legislating stuff youre in agreement with?
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Your whole "opposed to the death of innocent microbes" argument is so patently stupid it's hard to get past. I would venture a guess that every pharmacy in the country carries the most commonly prescribed antibiotics. "Killing" microbes is a bit different than terminating a pregnancy, but I dont expect you to admit that.

The antibiotics example is a poor one. Very few people who would fill and take a prescription would be opposed to the drug they are taking killing the germs or whatever that ails them. That'd be the point of seeking medical attention for said ailment. As a result I seriously doubt there will ever be a pharmacy that refuses to sell antibiotics.

On the other hand there is a substantial group of folks opposed to the termination of pregnancy by any means and there are likely pharmacists in that group. Owning the pharmacy makes it possible to decide to dispense or not dispense based on ones belief system or opinion. I would suspect that a pharmacist opposed to abortion who was forced to dispense an abortion drug would likely look for employment else where. In your example Mass. is trying to legislate morality by forcing people to advocate, even contribute to, an act they are opposed to. Is that what you want government doing? Or is it ok as long as they are legislating stuff youre in agreement with?
    please correct me if I'm wrong woof, 'cause I know that I sometimes lose touch in my constant flight from you and the munkey -- but does graduating from pharmacy school simultaneusly confer onto the pill dispenser a clerical collar, a medical degree, and a congressional seat ??

(jeez -- I once thought being emperor was powerful -- perhaps I should have tried to be a pharmacist !!!)
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    As far as what they HAVE to sell ... Massachusetts has set up a board to make sure that any business that calls itself a pharmacy meets certain minimum standards. Walmart included.
    Uh, yeah, its called a state board of pharmacy and every state has one. The difference with MA and IL is that they have singled out specific politically correct drugs that they make pharmacies carry. And, don't be fooled, it has NOTHING to do with healthcare.
    but it would not be ok if I went to a WM pharmacy to get some antibiotics to heal the gun shot wound gotten from one of your interns only to discover that they don't carry them -- because "they've decided not to offer antibotics because they are morally opposed to the murder of innocent young microbes"
    Newsflash BARYE: not all pharmacies carry every antibiotic. Furthermore, pharmacies aren't emergency or urgent care centers. They aren't required to carry emergency drugs and they aren't required to be open 24 hours.
    So, why then is being made to carry an entire category or drugs because of a political agenda acceptable?
    please correct me if I'm wrong woof, 'cause I know that I sometimes lose touch in my constant flight from you and the munkey -- but does graduating from pharmacy school simultaneusly confer onto the pill dispenser a clerical collar, a medical degree, and a congressional seat ??

(jeez -- I once thought being emperor was powerful -- perhaps I should have tried to be a pharmacist !!!)

I wonder why I bother. All you do is skirt the topic and play games.

this is a dumb question and you know it. Of course it doesnt and you know it. You also know that a person's personal, moral, religious, political and other beliefs do have an effect on how they live there lives and subsequently, do their jobs.

in my constant flight from you and the munkey
    this is funny. this thread is my first activity here in at least a month. You needto look up constant.

this is funny. this thread is my first activity here in at least a month. You needto look up constant.

Hey bud..long time no see.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Hey bud..long time no see.
    hey dutch..long time..all is well i trust? i have been lurking just not saying much of late.
    hey dutch..long time..all is well i trust? i have been lurking just not saying much of late.
    Too many blessings to count...hard six months though...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...533#post949533

life can be tough but my family is amazing.

hope your little one is good!
    I read that thread when it was new and I thought I had posted. I am sorry for your loss. My heart is heavy. I know what the loss of Dad feels like. Give your mom a hug from me and ask her to hug you for me too.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Newsflash BARYE: not all pharmacies carry every antibiotic. Furthermore, pharmacies aren't emergency or urgent care centers. They aren't required to carry emergency drugs and they aren't required to be open 24 hours.
    Good point you raise. If someone is expecting every pharmacy to be an extension of a hospital in terms of providing care and providing every FDA-approved drug known to man, shouldn't we also be expecting every pharmacy to be open 24 hours?
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Good point you raise. If someone is expecting every pharmacy to be an extension of a hospital in terms of providing care and providing every FDA-approved drug known to man, shouldn't we also be expecting every pharmacy to be open 24 hours?
    Lets take it one farther. Lets expect all pharmacies to charge exactly the same prices too.
    For that matter...hospitals and doctors are individuals as well. Not every doctor is going to prescribe the same thing.

I can certainly appreciate the fact that if we're talking about an area where the only pharmacy within 20 miles is Walmart's (or anyone single pharmacy), perhaps there needs to be special attention given. But where I'm from, pharmacies are one of the few new businesses still springing up. Thanks to the huge prescription drug market, we've got everybody taking some prescription drug these days. I see CVSes near me closing up one location so that they can move 100 feet away into a brand new super-sized store. Meh.

Anyways, can we get back to talking about how the real problem is politicians and even the American people who have allowed the middle/working class to dwindle and salaries to stagnate as we buy more and more from the Chinese, outsource high-tech jobs to India, insource jobs (via H1B visas for white collar jobs and illegal immigration / day laborers for blue collar jobs)? Walmart capitalizes on and perpetuates this. They also strangle local small businesses, and small entrepeneurs have historically been a big part of the American dream of moving up the ladder and hiring local fellow American citizens.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Lets take it one farther. Lets expect all pharmacies to charge exactly the same prices too.
    Taking this yet one more step, should MA require all doctors to perform abortion as well? What, as Lady likes to say, a woman is raped. Shouldn't every doctor be required to take care of her? After all, he asked for her health insurance card.

The answer is of course not, people and companies should not be compelled by the state to do or sell items they find morally reprehensible.
    snip...
    The answer is of course not, people and companies should not be compelled by the state to do or sell items they find morally reprehensible.
    geatches you are so mean. No feeling at all in your posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    I thought they already sold guns(don't know about automatic though), but recently decided to suspend sales?

I also don't see how denying a woman her health needs because the store objects can be legal. If she were in a private Catholic hospital pharmacy, OK. But a secular open to the ENTIRE public pharmacy?? Maybe I shouldn't object then if someone hates selling to multi-racial people because they morally object to interracial marriage and mixed children. And there are still many who morally object, believe me!
    WOW!!! You really just dont get it, do ya? They are not discriminating who can buy thier products they are simply deciding what products to sell.

WTF???? I can promise you that Book stores dont have EVERY single print on thier shelfs...

Get a F**** clue