Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718 LastLast
    so if the lady in question was too shamed to go to the hospital but would go to walmart, would she tell them that she was raped and needed the morning after pill or would she just want to buy it? The latter I think based on what you said.

That being the case, the retailer might have decided not to carry because they oppose random after the fact contraception. In the end her rape wouldnt matter to the retailer because she would be unwilling to disucss it with them and they wouldnt sell the product any way.

Also your not being denied health care in anyway by going to store that sells medicine. They are not in the health care business per se. Thats what drs and hospitals are for.
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    not the same -- its not that WM (or some other RX store) was choosing to not offer a certain brand (t-mob) -- they are unilaterally not offering an entire product category
    Here's an idea, don't shop there. In the United States, this is called the marketplace, where people shop with their dollars and the best store wins. It sounds as though you're mad because your beliefs are in the minority and you want to punish Walmart. Well, guess what? They are the biggest employer in the country and make more money than any other retailer. Your ideas are silly and you lose.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  3.    #263  
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    I missed that email. Did you post your choices on this forum or another website?
    I was speaking of the fact that in several states, women have to explain themselves way too much, to get an abortion. Also, in addition to not providing the morning after pill, some places also won't sell birth control pills period. We are getting to the point where once again, women's bodies are accountable to what others want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    I was speaking of the fact that in several states, women have to explain themselves way too much, to get an abortion. Also, in addition to not providing the morning after pill, some places also won't sell birth control pills period. We are getting to the point where once again, women's bodies are accountable to what others want.
    That's not what you said. You make silly statements because you type before you think, then you have to come back and try to rationalize your silly statements. Secondly, if there is a market for a pill, someone will provide it - it's called capitalism. Look it up.
  5.    #265  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    so if the lady in question was too shamed to go to the hospital but would go to walmart, would she tell them that she was raped and needed the morning after pill or would she just want to buy it? The latter I think based on what you said.

That being the case, the retailer might have decided not to carry because they oppose random after the fact contraception. In the end her rape wouldnt matter to the retailer because she would be unwilling to disucss it with them and they wouldnt sell the product any way.

Also your not being denied health care in anyway by going to store that sells medicine. They are not in the health care business per se. Thats what drs and hospitals are for.

Getting prescribed medicine from a pharmacy=health care. Why do they ask for your health insurance card?
    Getting prescribed medicine from a pharmacy=health care. Why do they ask for your health insurance card?
    To see who will pay. Boy this capitalist thing sure has got you confused.
  7.    #267  
    That's not what you said. You make silly statements because you type before you think, then you have to come back and try to rationalize your silly statements. Secondly, if there is a market for a pill, someone will provide it - it's called capitalism. Look it up.

That IS what I said, read it again. I said my body is not my own and I need to account to everyone for my reproductive rights. If I have to tell an abortion clinic why I want an abortion and I have to now be at the mercy of the pharmacist, my body is not under my control anymore! Maybe you just didn't understand what I meant. But now hopefully you do.
  8.    #268  
    To see who will pay. Boy this capitalist thing sure has got you confused.
    You knew very well what I meant. If a store that sells medicine isn't in the health care business(which is what Woof said), why would they need your health insurance card? Apparently they consider selling prescriptions part of health care.
    That IS what I said, read it again. I said my body is not my own and I need to account to everyone for my reproductive rights. If I have to tell an abortion clinic why I want an abortion and I have to now be at the mercy of the pharmacist, my body is not under my control anymore! Maybe you just didn't understand what I meant. But now hopefully you do.
    You stated "I said my body is not my own and I need to account to everyone for my reproductive rights." I have not received this account and I guess I'm feeling left out. Where would I find your accounting for your reproductive rights?
    You knew very well what I meant. If a store that sells medicine isn't in the health care business(which is what Woof said), why would they need your health insurance card? Apparently they consider selling prescriptions part of health care.
    Here we go again. I know what you write, not what you "meant." They need your card to determine if they bill a company for your medication, or if you have to pay for it. I can email you a diagram if it will help.
  11.    #271  
    You stated "I said my body is not my own and I need to account to everyone for my reproductive rights." I have not received this account and I guess I'm feeling left out. Where would I find your accounting for your reproductive rights?
    I already explained twice why I feel that women are once again losing control over their bodies and choices. And I'm not going to go around in circles with you over it.
    I already explained twice why I feel that women are once again losing control over their bodies and choices. And I'm not going to go around in circles with you over it.
    Are you being frustrated by your own quotes? How do you like it?
  13.    #273  
    Here we go again. I know what you write, not what you "meant." They need your card to determine if they bill a company for your medication, or if you have to pay for it. I can email you a diagram if it will help.
    Gee, no kidding!!
    ...snip...We are getting to the point where once again, women's bodies are accountable to what others want.
    Actually we may be once again getting to the point where people are forced to make responsible choices and then live with the consequences instead of the "who cares if I get knocked up, I'll just abort it" attitude that some women have. No I am not saying all women feel that way, of course not. It isn't a cut and dried argument from any perspective though.

And we are talking about Walmart not abortion, so I am not really gonna go any farther down that path.
  15.    #275  
    Are you being frustrated by your own quotes? How do you like it?
    No. You just don't understand me.
    No. You just don't understand me.
    I guess I don't.
    So that food thickener they sell at the Costco pharmacy is a healthcare product?

They ask for your card because many insurance plans cover prescription drugs. If you think an insurance card defines what is healthcare, what are all the folks without insurance cards doing at the pharmacy? My health insurance doesnt cover prescriptions but I can still get scripts filled. Am I getting healthcare??
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this "morning after pill" a prescription drug? If so, the woman can't simply walk into a Walmart and get it without explaining to anyone why she wants it. She has to go to a hospital or a doctor first to get a prescription for it. Then, she can go to any pharmacy that chooses to carry it and pick it up.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
  19.    #279  
    Actually we may be once again getting to the point where people are forced to make responsible choices and then live with the consequences instead of the "who cares if I get knocked up, I'll just abort it" attitude that some women have. No I am not saying all women feel that way, of course not. It isn't a cut and dried argument from any perspective though.

And we are talking about Walmart not abortion, so I am not really gonna go any farther down that path.

And who has the right to decide if someone else will be a mother?

If Blaze hadn't posted that article again, I wouldn't have said anything about choice and reproduction, etc. But the responses it got bothered me.
  20.    #280  
    So that food thickener they sell at the Costco pharmacy is a healthcare product?

They ask for your card because many insurance plans cover prescription drugs. If you think an insurance card defines what is healthcare, what are all the folks without insurance cards doing at the pharmacy? My health insurance doesnt cover prescriptions but I can still get scripts filled. Am I getting healthcare??

Prescriptions by a doctor aren't part of healthcare?