Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 344
  1. #241  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    Often BestBuy etc. sells that stuff for less than WM
    Prove it.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  2. #242  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    I have a question. Do they come over and hook up everything together properly, like other places?
    Most people can plug in a TV.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  3. #243  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    When I said cheap, I meant the low-end cheaply made brands that not many have ever heard of and that usually dont last long.
    Again, those damn poor people, how dare they have products they can afford. Electronics should only be for people like the Lady that can afford the finer things in life.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  4. #244  
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    Prove it.

    I'd have to research newstories from 2004 -- they were defensive because their xmas sales numbers were weak year over year at that time --
    Last edited by BARYE; 04/29/2006 at 01:55 PM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  5.    #245  
    I thought they already sold guns(don't know about automatic though), but recently decided to suspend sales?

    I also don't see how denying a woman her health needs because the store objects can be legal. If she were in a private Catholic hospital pharmacy, OK. But a secular open to the ENTIRE public pharmacy?? Maybe I shouldn't object then if someone hates selling to multi-racial people because they morally object to interracial marriage and mixed children. And there are still many who morally object, believe me!
  6.    #246  
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    Most people can plug in a TV.

    Do you have a full home system with cable or satellite included? THAT type of hook-up is what many need help with! And some stores will hook up everything for you.
  7.    #247  
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    Again, those damn poor people, how dare they have products they can afford. Electronics should only be for people like the Lady that can afford the finer things in life.

    And when it comes to cheap electronics, it will cost more in the end due to more frequent replacements. I went through this and would rather go without than buy terrible electronics! They are NOT worth the hassle! I SAVED to buy a GOOD top of the line TV that has lasted me SEVERAL years. I used to get low end TVs, they were dead in about a year.
  8. #248  
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    Prove it.
    just for you geatches:

    Wal-Mart Loses Discount Edge
    In Sluggish Early Holiday Sales

    By ANN ZIMMERMAN
    Staff Reporter of THE WALL STREET JOURNAL
    November 30, 2004; Page A1

    Wal-Mart Stores Inc. acknowledged that a strategic shift to boost
    profits by ratcheting back discounts has backfired, damping sales
    during the crucial Thanksgiving holiday period and forcing the
    company to revise its November sales forecast.

    Even as anecdotal evidence suggested that other retailers were
    enjoying a strong start to the Christmas season, sales at the world's largest retailer were sluggish. The company now forecasts a negligible 0.7% year-over-year increase in same-store sales for November, down markedly from the previous forecast of 2% to 4%.

    Part of the problem was that rival retailers were beating Wal-Mart at its own game, discounting even more than the No. 1 retailer. But the giant chain itself, in an
    unusual statement, laid out the issues in detail:
    "We are disappointed with our sales performance for the Friday after Thanksgiving and the full weekend," said Mona Williams, vice president of communications for Wal-Mart. "While our
    prices were generally as low as they have ever been, our competition was even more aggressive....

    ...To some degree, though, competitors caught Wal-Mart napping. In past years, Wal-Mart drove Black Friday sales by having the best prices on the newest electronics. The retailing world so dubs the Friday after Thanksgiving because it's the day when many retailers supposedly go into the
    black, or start making a profit, for the year.

    This year, Wal-Mart's lowest price on a DVD player was $79 while Best Buy sold DVD players for as little as $14.99 after mail-in rebates. In some stores, Best Buy sold out of them in as little as 15 minutes. At the same time, Wal-Mart devoted a full page to promoting a $99 remote-controlled Cadillac Escalade for children...
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  9. #249  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    I also don't see how denying a woman her health needs because the store objects can be legal.
    LadyTreo, just wait until you see what the new supreme court has in store. Some of the same idealogs that have been preaching about keeping the government out of your life, are going to invite them right in to your bedroom and your body. There are cases on the way to the court now.
  10.    #250  
    I'm well aware that my body is no longer my own and that I have to account to everybody for my reproductive choices. It's headed that way again. and is actually that way in many parts of the country already. See the people in this thread who already agree that I can be denied health care even if I was raped, simply because the store has decided to make the decision for me. Even though it's supposed to be open to the public.
  11. #251  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    I have a question. Do they come over and hook up everything together properly, like other places?
    and of course this is something that these retailers NEVER charge extra for that extra service do they?
  12. #252  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    I'm well aware that my body is no longer my own and that I have to account to everybody for my reproductive choices. It's headed that way again. and is actually that way in many parts of the country already. See the people in this thread who already agree that I can be denied health care even if I was raped, simply because the store has decided to make the decision for me. Even though it's supposed to be open to the public.
    Actually the irony and ignorance is that Walmart actually DOES still offer plan B.

    If you tell your doctor that your pharmacy is Walmart, he will prescribe the progestin / estrogin birth control pill. WHICH IS THE EXACT SAME DRUG, and does the exact same task. Your doctor will just instruct you to take 4 of the first color, and then the next day 4 of the next.
  13. #253  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    I'm well aware that my body is no longer my own and that I have to account to everybody for my reproductive choices. It's headed that way again. and is actually that way in many parts of the country already. See the people in this thread who already agree that I can be denied health care even if I was raped, simply because the store has decided to make the decision for me. Even though it's supposed to be open to the public.
    Please quote where anyone has said this. I have read this entire thread and I believe you are the first to use the word rape. How then could anyone else advocate your denial in such a circumstance?

    The point you seem to be missing is that business owners have a choice as two what products they offer. My little three store chain of cellular stores carries Sprint, Verizon, Cingular, Qwest and Cricket. We choose not to offer Tmobile. I guess no one should shop here because we are limiting their choices?

    You're funny!!
  14.    #254  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    and of course this is something that these retailers NEVER charge extra for that extra service do they?
    Not at Tweeter, but I don't think they are completely nationwide. It was included with delivery of all big screen TVs, the last time I bought from them. Maybe they charge now. I haven't gotten anything from them for a while(everything's still working ). I think Best Buy charges, but I never ordered that type of equipment from them, just smaller electronics.

    ABT also hooked up something for me, included with delivery. WOOT for smaller electroncs stores(yeah I know, shameless plug)!!
  15.    #255  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Please quote where anyone has said this. I have read this entire thread and I believe you are the first to use the word rape. How then could anyone else advocate your denial in such a circumstance?

    The point you seem to be missing is that business owners have a choice as two what products they offer. My little three store chain of cellular stores carries Sprint, Verizon, Cingular, Qwest and Cricket. We choose not to offer Tmobile. I guess no one should shop here because we are limiting their choices?

    You're funny!!
    The morning after pill is used for rape victims also!! Are you not aware of that?
  16. #256  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Please quote where anyone has said this. I have read this entire thread and I believe you are the first to use the word rape. How then could anyone else advocate your denial in such a circumstance?

    The point you seem to be missing is that business owners have a choice as two what products they offer. My little three store chain of cellular stores carries Sprint, Verizon, Cingular, Qwest and Cricket. We choose not to offer Tmobile. I guess no one should shop here because we are limiting their choices?

    You're funny!!
    not the same -- its not that WM (or some other RX store) was choosing to not offer a certain brand (t-mob) -- they are unilaterally not offering an entire product category

    It would be as if they decided not to offer antibotics because they were morally opposed to the murder of innocent young microbes
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  17. #257  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    I'm well aware that my body is no longer my own and that I have to account to everybody for my reproductive choices. It's headed that way again. and is actually that way in many parts of the country already. See the people in this thread who already agree that I can be denied health care even if I was raped, simply because the store has decided to make the decision for me. Even though it's supposed to be open to the public.

    In all honesty I feel much of these types of drugs should be left to each individual person to decide whether or not it is something they want to use (though I don't believe it should be used as a form of contraception on any sort of regular basis,) but I do believe a "Retailer" should have a right to choose what products they sell.

    A hospital, on the other hand, should stock every type of drug that is legal whether or not they believe in it (they truly provide a public service where I feel a retail store provides a service that is open to the public.)

    I suppose my point is if you are raped you should be going to a hospital where they should be able to provide you with the needed medication to prevent anything that may have occurred from a rape. I don't believe you should be going to Wal-Mart if you were raped and yelling at them for not providing it.
    Trust me, I'm a producer.
  18.    #258  
    It's amazing how MEN want to explain what a female rape victim would do. Not all will go to the hospital, they may feel more comfortable with their private doctor(confidentiality guaranteed). Sad, but true MANY times. I too feel going to the hospital and getting a rape kit is first and foremost, but rape is one crime that equals shame for many.
  19. #259  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    just for you geatches:

    Wal-Mart Loses Discount Edge
    In Sluggish Early Holiday Sales

    By ANN ZIMMERMAN
    Staff Reporter of THE WALL STREET JOURNAL
    November 30, 2004; Page A1

    Wal-Mart Stores Inc. acknowledged that a strategic shift to boost
    profits by ratcheting back discounts has backfired, damping sales
    during the crucial Thanksgiving holiday period and forcing the
    company to revise its November sales forecast.

    Even as anecdotal evidence suggested that other retailers were
    enjoying a strong start to the Christmas season, sales at the world's largest retailer were sluggish. The company now forecasts a negligible 0.7% year-over-year increase in same-store sales for November, down markedly from the previous forecast of 2% to 4%.

    Part of the problem was that rival retailers were beating Wal-Mart at its own game, discounting even more than the No. 1 retailer. But the giant chain itself, in an
    unusual statement, laid out the issues in detail:
    "We are disappointed with our sales performance for the Friday after Thanksgiving and the full weekend," said Mona Williams, vice president of communications for Wal-Mart. "While our
    prices were generally as low as they have ever been, our competition was even more aggressive....

    ...To some degree, though, competitors caught Wal-Mart napping. In past years, Wal-Mart drove Black Friday sales by having the best prices on the newest electronics. The retailing world so dubs the Friday after Thanksgiving because it's the day when many retailers supposedly go into the
    black, or start making a profit, for the year.

    This year, Wal-Mart's lowest price on a DVD player was $79 while Best Buy sold DVD players for as little as $14.99 after mail-in rebates. In some stores, Best Buy sold out of them in as little as 15 minutes. At the same time, Wal-Mart devoted a full page to promoting a $99 remote-controlled Cadillac Escalade for children...
    I stand corrected.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  20. #260  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    I'm well aware that my body is no longer my own and that I have to account to everybody for my reproductive choices.
    I missed that email. Did you post your choices on this forum or another website?
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.

Posting Permissions