Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Just how many gay people do you know?? If you did know any, you would NEVER say that!
    Me? I know quite a few. And yes, I still say that. I don't think it makes me hostile to gays by not believing they are necessarily "born that way".
    Let's see....I know Jack Tripper...no wait, he only pretended to be gay.

Uhm...I know...Will Truman, he is gay!

That's about it for me.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 04/27/2006 at 04:03 AM.
    That "lifestyle" as you call it, is actually "orientation" and cannot be chosen. You're born that way.
    Cannot?? as in Can't? Thats one hell of a stretch!

Anyway, my comments were merely in observation not meant to be hostile
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I'll take that as a yes.
    No wonder he's single LOL
    No thanks,
    Btw...You are sure that he is gay and Republican? Republican is not something you can just one day decide you are... You do understand that right??
  5.    #205  
    How can anyone say someone CHOOSES what sex they are attracted to? You're either attracted or you're not, simple as that and it has nothing to do with choice!
    How can anyone say someone CHOOSES what sex they are attracted to? You're either attracted or you're not, simple as that and it has nothing to do with choice!
    That is exactly my point with being Replican!! You either agree with them or you don't. No choice in the matter!!

Is she serious?
    I personally think its neither a conscious choice nor a genetic predetermination. I tend to think the truth is outside that dichotomy, in the realm of the personal, and sometimes subconscious, thought life of a person's early mental and sexual development.
    You could apply this theory to anything...

Nobody chooses to over eat- They're just hungry
    Nobody chooses to be lazy- They're just tired
    Nobody chooses to be successful- They're just driven
    Nobody chooses to be nice- They're just pleasant

It's interesting that the growth rate of people being "born" with this genetic attribute increases proportionately with the rate of social acceptance/embracement of said attribute
    Last edited by sxtg; 04/27/2006 at 04:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Lol, ok that clears it up. That's not offensive at all. For a minute there you really came across a a biggot.
    Its not biggotry, its just one of those "can't talk about it" subjects.
    In fact this is exactly my point I think a lot of people are democrat because they either are gay or fear being perceived as anti-gay. Like Insertions Republican chum.

Put it this way,
    If the Dems wouldn't acknowledge the marriage of midgets (which btw is a genetic condition)- There wouldn't be many Democratic midgets... Right?
    Last edited by sxtg; 04/27/2006 at 04:57 AM.
  10.    #210  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    It's interesting that the growth rate of people being "born" with this genetic attribute increases proportionately with the rate of social acceptance/embracement of said attribute
    Let me ask you this. If someone said to you, try dating a man for once, would you cringe at the thought because you are simply not attracted to men and nothing's going to make you attracted to men? Or would you take the challenge? If the answer is no, then now try understanding that's how a gay person feels when you tell them it's only a choice. It's interesting when the tables are turned, isn't it? When a hetero is asked to "change" and they simply cannot stomach it, THAT is also how gay people feel!! They simply are NOT attracted to the other sex, plain and simple!
  11.    #211  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    I personally think its neither a conscious choice nor a genetic predetermination. I tend to think the truth is outside that dichotomy, in the realm of the personal, and sometimes subconscious, thought life of a person's early mental and sexual development.

I don't really know about a "genetic" disposition so to speak, but I do know that people usually realize they are gay during the teen years when dating first comes into play. That alone should tell you it's NOT choice related, but that's just how the person is. Why would any teen choose to be an outcast? You do realize though that one reason for teen suicides is being shunned for being gay? Because thanks to people like that other guy(we all know he isn't the ony one), they are being told their feelings don't matter because it's only a choice that they can change! And it's simply not true!
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    lol, think u missed the sarcasm & irony there Scott
    Actually, you did.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    I don't really know about a "genetic" disposition so to speak, but I do know that people usually realize they are gay during the teen years when dating first comes into play. That alone should tell you it's NOT choice related, but that's just how the person is. Why would any teen choose to be an outcast? You do realize though that one reason for teen suicides is being shunned for being gay? Because thanks to people like that other guy(we all know he isn't the ony one), they are being told their feelings don't matter because it's only a choice that they can change! And it's simply not true!
    OMG!!! Teens feel like thier feelings don't matter regardless of sexual orientation. I am sure that any given subject has been "one" of the causes of teen suicide... Did you know that female teen suicide happens to be higher than male? Girl-girl homosexuality is not only widely accepted, but most often encouraged and desired by heterosexual males??? What gives???

I really wasn't trying to debate the right or wrong of people being gay. I simply pointed out that it would be quite rare for them to also be Republican.
    Last edited by sxtg; 04/27/2006 at 09:01 AM.
    How many Gay Republicans shop at Wal-Mart?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    How many Gay Republicans shop at Wal-Mart?
    Ask your chum. We should be able to calculate a percentage based on his answer
    There is a conservative gene, it's called a brain. There is also a liberal gene and it's near the anus, which is why liberals have to talk out of it to express themselves.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    though currently between empires, my former line of work causes me to have some need to interact with your u.s. congress.

from that experience I can say that some of you would be STUNNED if you knew the numbers of openly known gay staffers employed in VERY senior positions (LA, AA, press secretary) by unbelievably conservative republicans.

the truly sad thing is that the majority of gay homo erectus that I meet (besides being cleaner and more stylish than me) are far far more conservative

as a group they are unbelievably successful, acquisitive, and material. And they want more than anything to live out "normal human" lives by being married, having children, and attending PTA meetings.

Despite it being against their self interest, many gay humans are already republican -- and they're also big financial contributors to them as well ...

"In July 2005, Santorum's Director of Communication, Robert Traynham, confirmed speculation that he was gay, describing himself as an "out gay man" who strongly supported Santorum, "a man of principle[;] he is a man who sticks up for what he believes in". Santorum issued this statement:

"Robert Traynham is widely respected and admired on Capitol Hill, both among the press corps and among the congressional staff, as a communications professional. Not only is Mr. Traynham an exemplary staffer, but he is also a trusted friend confidente to me and my family. Mr. Traynham is a valued member of my staff and I regret that this effort on behalf of people who oppose me has made him a target of bigotry in their eyes. It is entirely unacceptable that my staffs' personal lives are considered fair game by partisans looking for arguments to bolster my opponent's campaign. Mr. Traynham continues to have my full support and confidence as well as my prayers as he navigates this rude and mean spirited invasion of his personal life" Sen. Rick Santorum
    Last edited by BARYE; 04/27/2006 at 09:53 AM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Maybe insertion could introduce him to his neighbor chum.
    ...just a thought
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    though currently between empires, my former line of work causes me to have some need to interact with your u.s. congress.

from that experience I can say that some of you would be STUNNED if you knew the numbers of openly known gay staffers employed in VERY senior positions (LA, AA, press secretary) by unbelievably conservative republicans.

the truly sad thing is that the majority of gay homo erectus that I meet (besides being cleaner and more stylish than me) are far far more conservative

as a group they are unbelievably successful, acquisitive, and material. And they want more than anything to live out "normal human" lives by being married, having children, and attending PTA meetings.

Despite it being against their self interest, many gay humans are already republican -- and they're also big financial contributors to them as well ...

"In July 2005, Santorum's Director of Communication, Robert Traynham, confirmed speculation that he was gay, describing himself as an "out gay man" who strongly supported Santorum, "a man of principle[;] he is a man who sticks up for what he believes in". Santorum issued this statement:

"Robert Traynham is widely respected and admired on Capitol Hill, both among the press corps and among the congressional staff, as a communications professional. Not only is Mr. Traynham an exemplary staffer, but he is also a trusted friend confidente to me and my family. Mr. Traynham is a valued member of my staff and I regret that this effort on behalf of people who oppose me has made him a target of bigotry in their eyes. It is entirely unacceptable that my staffs' personal lives are considered fair game by partisans looking for arguments to bolster my opponent's campaign. Mr. Traynham continues to have my full support and confidence as well as my prayers as he navigates this rude and mean spirited invasion of his personal life" Sen. Rick Santorum
    So you've proved that Republicans are more open minded than Democrats. We finally agree on something.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.

Wal-Mart Forced To Stock Emergency Contraceptive

Wal-Mart Forced To Stock Contraceptive

BOSTON, Feb. 14, 2006
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (AP) The state board that oversees pharmacies ordered Wal-Mart on Tuesday to stock emergency contraception pills at its pharmacies in Massachusetts, making the Bay State the second in the nation to require the world's largest retailer to carry the drug.

A Wal-Mart spokesman said the company would comply with the directive by the Massachusetts Board of Pharmacy, and is reviewing its nationwide policy governing the so-called "morning after" pill.

"Clearly women's health is a high priority for Wal-Mart," spokesman Dan Fogleman said. "We are actively thinking through the issue."....
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast