Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Mind you, there is a large portion of them that have no choice simply because that party supports their chosen "lifestyle". Its simply a matter of self preservation.
  2.    #182  
    What exactly do you mean, SXTG?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Blaze, I've read some of your previous posts and while I appreciate where your heart may be sometimes, you are too quick to make assumptions and accusations about others. Do you honestly believe that you accurately summed up my ideas? I seriously take offense to anyone summing up my opinions to include hatred of other human beings.

I have never felt any hatred (or even dislike) towards any human being based on their race. I have hated people for evil things they've done, especially when it's something that's been perpetrated against a weaker person. So, no, I don't hate immigrants. Nor do I hate *illegal* immigrants (which is what I was talking about, BTW). This country does have controlled immigration, however, and when someone breaks the law by sneaking in, they are not being wronged if they are sent back against their will. Have you ever had someone cut in front of you in a line as you patiently waited for something? How prepostorous that our country's elected officials are currently championing the cause of the line-cutter. Mind you, I feel for these impoverished people who are so desperate for a better life that they would often risk their own lives to get into this country. But if you're taking the position that these people should be allowed to stay and even become citizens simply because they made it past the guards without getting caught, then at least be consistent and propose that we completely open up the borders and allow anyone and everyone to become a citizen.

As for hating communists, I'd be interested in hearing you expound upon this accusation rather than just grace us with your one-liners filled with loaded words. I dislike dictators, not the people who are subject to them. By supporting the status quo and buying Chinese goods, you are supporting the dictatorship first and foremost, not the Chinese people.

Ah, but I could have saved so much time by simply accusing you of being a friend of dictators and line-cutters and hating the Chinese working class.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    I am very honest in my opinions I post. Some will agree with them, and some will not. I am not an ego poster as I don't feel that I always have to be right. If I find that I have made a false claim or statement, I will publicly recognize it and apologize.....I have done so several times with DaThomas for example. I do listen to all sides. In several situations after a discussion I have found myself acknowledging or agreeing with another's argument that was originally opposed to mine....which t2gungho and even Barye come to mind. After someone has shared their sources or why they hold a certain opinion, I will recognize it as a very valid opinion, even though I do not personally agree with it......Redbelt is a recent example.

I know you have not been around here that long and don't know a lot of the history of repeating claims. Mainly the times I have copy and pasted a great deal is only after the 5th or 12th time of covering the same answers for the same topic or argument, over and over and over again. I can assure you that my intentions had no entertainment goals, but rather for informational purposes only for those who might be interested in why I feel I posted the opinion or claims that I did.

If you are not interested in reading or educating yourself with the sources of my claims, skip it. The scroll bar can be a wonderful tool in forums for just such a case.
    I think both of us know it was your continued implication that I am a political extremist that I called dishonest, especially since it seems I've stumbled on to some kind of underground support group for that last bitter end 30%, of which you seem to be the most moderate, and yet, as I said before, I would ask which of my views are less mainstream than yours, let alone some of the others here.

The comment about your lengthy posts was in response to your direct criticism of the style in which i make my points, so as long as we're at it... don't you find the comment that i could "educate" myself from your sources a bit condesending?

And lastly, here is something to think about Hobbes. If the sources of your stories about Saddams WMDs and links to terrorist, and assorted revlations are so main stream, why do you have to dig so deep for them and post them for our "education"? All of us read the newspaper. Why arent they in the headlines for all of us to see?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Blaze, I've read some of your previous posts and while I appreciate where your heart may be sometimes, you are too quick to make assumptions and accusations about others. Do you honestly believe that you accurately summed up my ideas?
    His leader is Stern. Nuff said.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Blaze, I've read some of your previous posts and while I appreciate where your heart may be sometimes, you are too quick to make assumptions and accusations about others. Do you honestly believe that you accurately summed up my ideas? I seriously take offense to anyone summing up my opinions to include hatred of other human beings.

I have never felt any hatred (or even dislike) towards any human being based on their race. I have hated people for evil things they've done, especially when it's something that's been perpetrated against a weaker person. So, no, I don't hate immigrants. Nor do I hate *illegal* immigrants (which is what I was talking about, BTW). This country does have controlled immigration, however, and when someone breaks the law by sneaking in, they are not being wronged if they are sent back against their will. Have you ever had someone cut in front of you in a line as you patiently waited for something? How prepostorous that our country's elected officials are currently championing the cause of the line-cutter. Mind you, I feel for these impoverished people who are so desperate for a better life that they would often risk their own lives to get into this country. But if you're taking the position that these people should be allowed to stay and even become citizens simply because they made it past the guards without getting caught, then at least be consistent and propose that we completely open up the borders and allow anyone and everyone to become a citizen.

As for hating communists, I'd be interested in hearing you expound upon this accusation rather than just grace us with your one-liners filled with loaded words. I dislike dictators, not the people who are subject to them. By supporting the status quo and buying Chinese goods, you are supporting the dictatorship first and foremost, not the Chinese people.

Ah, but I could have saved so much time by simply accusing you of being a friend of dictators and line-cutters and hating the Chinese working class.
    But your previous post wasnt just about undocumented immigrants was it Scott? H1B is the legal way for immigrants to wait their turn in line is it not? Seems your not just against line cutters Scott. I guess we could say you are against ... well ... immigrants.

The comment about communists Scott has to do with the abscence of discussion in your post about the working conditions of the walmart laborers, and quite a bit of discussion about their politics.

But Scott ... interesting that you voulunteer "I have never felt any hatred (or even dislike) towards any human being based on their race. " I wonder what makes you say this, I dont remember asking you about this. Hmmm.
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    I think both of us know it was your continued implication that I am a political extremist that I called dishonest, especially since it seems I've stumbled on to some kind of underground support group for that last bitter end 30%, of which you seem to be the most moderate, and yet, as I said before, I would ask which of my views are less mainstream than yours, let alone some of the others here.

The comment about your lengthy posts was in response to your direct criticism of the style in which i make my points, so as long as we're at it... don't you find the comment that i could "educate" myself from your sources a bit condesending?

And lastly, here is something to think about Hobbes. If the sources of your stories about Saddams WMDs and links to terrorist, and assorted revlations are so main stream, why do you have to dig so deep for them and post them for our "education"? All of us read the newspaper. Why arent they in the headlines for all of us to see?
    Dishonest is a strong accusation in the event that I may have simply made a mistake in my assumption of your exact political standing by my apparent act of misjudgment of my perceptions of your various comments scattered throughout several threads.....it was an honest mistake then on my part.....would it be safe to say that your are certainly among the left wing? If not, please simply let me know as I had no intention of and do not want to offend your political leanings again.

Again, no offense intended......I also apologize for my use of the word "educate"....I guess "learn" would have been a better word.

I am not going to rehash Iraq and your sometimes misconceptions of what I said all over again in a Wal-mart thread. (i.e. me stating that I simply find it interesting and noteworthy that more information is coming out from yet to be translated captured 35,000 boxes of Saddam Regime audio tapes and gov docs as new claims of rock solid indisputable proof of new WMDs from obscure and non-mainstream sources such as MSNBC, ABC, NYT, etc... that you are not able to find source ) If you want to review Iraq, Saddam, WMDs, etc... please ask on that thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    What exactly do you mean, SXTG?
    At the risk of sounding more offensive....

I truly didn't mean it to be as offensive as it sounded. I was in a hurry to leave.

What I mean is that some of the leftist "ideas" are so outlandish that I refuse to believe any rational person could get behind them. However, since they support a chosen lifestyle some people will defend ANY and ALL leftist ideas simply to be FOR the democratic party, even if the particular topic happens to be absolutely absurd.

Maybe its just in my corner of the world, but its hard to find a gay Republican.

Hope that clarifies a little...
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg

Maybe its just in my corner of the world, but its hard to find a gay Republican.

I have a gay Republican friend. Shall I introduce you? AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $he$'$s$ $single$.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    They're here ( http://online.logcabin.org ), they're *****, get used to it.
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I have a gay Republican friend. Shall I introduce you? AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $he$'$s$ $single$.
    Lol

I doubt he's republican
    O' but he is! Gets Hell for it too, from the "mainstream" Gays.
    I'll take that as a yes.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  13.    #193  
    That "lifestyle" as you call it, is actually "orientation" and cannot be chosen. You're born that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    At the risk of sounding more offensive....

I truly didn't mean it to be as offensive as it sounded. I was in a hurry to leave.

What I mean is that some of the leftist "ideas" are so outlandish that I refuse to believe any rational person could get behind them. However, since they support a chosen lifestyle some people will defend ANY and ALL leftist ideas simply to be FOR the democratic party, even if the particular topic happens to be absolutely absurd.

Lol, ok that clears it up. That's not offensive at all. For a minute there you really came across a a biggot.
    But your previous post wasnt just about undocumented immigrants was it Scott? H1B is the legal way for immigrants to wait their turn in line is it not? Seems your not just against line cutters Scott. I guess we could say you are against ... well ... immigrants.
    When I think of an "immigrant" I think of someone who comes here with the desire to become a US citizen. I'd like to think that many of the illegal aliens coming through the Mexican border fall into that category, but I could be wrong. The H1B visa program is a *temporary* visa which was originally intended to accommodate filling positions where no US citizen was available to fill the job (which is basically a joke, but that's a topic for another day). When I spoke of H1B visa holders, I was thinking in particular of tech skilled Indians. I work with many of them in my profession. My experience has been that many of them have no real interest in becoming US citizens but are here simply for the work.

The comment about communists Scott has to do with the abscence of discussion in your post about the working conditions of the walmart laborers, and quite a bit of discussion about their politics.
    I still don't understand your point or what you meant by saying that I hate communists.

But Scott ... interesting that you voulunteer "I have never felt any hatred (or even dislike) towards any human being based on their race. " I wonder what makes you say this, I dont remember asking you about this. Hmmm.
    You said that I hated immigrants, which is untrue and, to put it more bluntly, an ignorant accusation. In the course of the current debate that is raging across the country, when someone accuses someone else of being "anti-immigrant" or "hating immigrants" they are basically accusing them of being a racist. How else could someone be "anti-immigrant"?
    When I think of an "immigrant" I think of someone who comes here with the desire to become a US citizen. I'd like to think that many of the illegal aliens coming through the Mexican border fall into that category, but I could be wrong. The H1B visa program is a *temporary* visa which was originally intended to accommodate filling positions where no US citizen was available to fill the job (which is basically a joke, but that's a topic for another day). When I spoke of H1B visa holders, I was thinking in particular of tech skilled Indians. I work with many of them in my profession. My experience has been that many of them have no real interest in becoming US citizens but are here simply for the work.

I still don't understand your point or what you meant by saying that I hate communists.

You said that I hated immigrants, which is untrue and, to put it more bluntly, an ignorant accusation. In the course of the current debate that is raging across the country, when someone accuses someone else of being "anti-immigrant" or "hating immigrants" they are basically accusing them of being a racist. How else could someone be "anti-immigrant"?
    Ahh why didnt you say so, i did not realize you were talking about the H1B Indians. Yeah they are even worse than the Mexicans. For a second there I thought you were sounding like a biggot also.

By the way, my wife came to the United States on a H1B.
    Ahh why didnt you say so, i did not realize you were talking about the H1B Indians. Yeah they are even worse than the Mexicans.
    So finally the truth comes out...you hate Mexicans and Indians. I'm not interested in continuing this discussion with a racist.
    So finally the truth comes out...you hate Mexicans and Indians. I'm not interested in continuing this discussion with a racist.
    lol, think u missed the sarcasm & irony there Scott
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    That "lifestyle" as you call it, is actually "orientation" and cannot be chosen. You're born that way.
    With all due respect, LT, there's about as much proof to support your assertion as there is to support sxtg's. Despite efforts to find one, there is no "gay gene" or any other physiological attribute to support the fact that anyone is born gay.

Now, this is a topic that's been argued to death and we're no more likley to come to terms than anyone else has. But this is a "forum"; everyone has their own opinion and everyone has their say. Let's just try to respect each other and not take things too personally.
  20.    #200  
    Just how many gay people do you know?? If you did know any, you would NEVER say that!
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast