Page 1 of 67 1234561151 ... LastLast
    Lol
  2.    #3  
    58 Days
    OK, Perry now I have reminders all over my calendar (like I would really miss it).
    Newton 120 > PalmPilot Pro > Palm III > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Treo 90 > Treo 600 (Sprint) > Treo 700p (Verizon)
    ----------------------------Nokia 5160------------------> Motorola V8160 ^
  4.    #5  
    Personally, I HATE THE "J" WORD.

If I did not feel a sense of obligation to see this process out to the conclusion -- I would still be "I will will it to happen in April-ing."

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Personally, I HATE THE "J" WORD.
    The silver lining is that J will see you though all the way to July 31

Surur
    Oh Good!
    A New Thread
    Just call me Berd.
    Perry, this pretty much makes the "rock solid evidence" of the Sprint paper a scam now. This also takes Sprint dangerously close to the end of the VZW exclusive period. Is this making you nervous little PPR buddy? If so spoon with the Munk or Doom please, not me.
  8.    #9  

The n4cer document was legit. Has a company never shifted it's targeted time frame for a launch? At the time frame of n4cer's document and it's confirmation -- I also had information from another source that said the time frame could slip depending on testing and other issues. There is no scam here -- there is changing information at the source that is being reported. I trust the sources.

Cheers, Perry
    Last edited by gtwo; 04/12/2006 at 07:22 PM.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    The n4cer document was legit. A company never shifted it's targeted time frame for a launch? At the time frame of n4cer's document and it's confirmation -- I also had information from another source that said the time frame could slip depending on testing and other issues. There is no scam here -- there is changing information at the source that is being reported. I trust the sources.

Cheers, Perry
    Perry, please have your meds handy

Here is my post from march 17th (the day n4cer sent the document)

Just got back from my local sprint store, they also have a paper on the upcoming Treo. However it is from the regional manager and it says there is a 2 week delay in the upcoming treo release, and he says in the message that it is windows?????? As I was reading I asked quizzically windows?, and the rep said yes that is confirmed it will be windows, I was really hoping for Palm so I could trade in my 600. I said yep me too, hope your manager is wrong.

Now we are seeing the 2 week delay being confirmed by your source, are you ready for them to tell you it is a WINDOWS device.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio

Just got back from my local sprint store, they also have a paper on the upcoming Treo. However it is from the regional manager and it says there is a 2 week delay in the upcoming treo release, and he says in the message that it is windows?????? As I was reading I asked quizzically windows?, and the rep said yes that is confirmed it will be windows, I was really hoping for Palm so I could trade in my 600. I said yep me too, hope your manager is wrong.

Now we are seeing the 2 week delay being confirmed by your source, are you ready for them to tell you it is a WINDOWS device.
    OH NO, someone call the crash cart for Perry.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  11.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio

no, IT WILL BE PALM. No meds required. I am at peace.

Dates can shift around -- whatever OS was on the device, is still on the device. Let's all now remember what was on Merlyn's device and what Shadowmite said. . . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 04/12/2006 at 07:24 PM.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    no, IT WILL BE PALM.

Dates can shift around -- whatever OS was on the device, is still on the device. Let's all now remember what was on Merlyn's device and what Shadowmite said. . . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    coulda been a couple of test units that did not pan out. On the serious side I believe it is a POS, just trying to keep the conversation lively.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    I have a feeling this won't be the last date change..................
    Somebody....anybody........................Don't let Dr. Doom spill his Kool-Aid on his brand new "perrywinkle" sweater vest!!!
    Yeah, but if they plan to release 3 more Treos this year, WHEN EXACTLY? They have to put out something within the next 2 months or eat crow. June means half the year will be gone, and we still only have ONE new Treo for the year!

I'm keeping the 650, but I think I'm going to try out the 8125. Too much uncertainty from Palm. They can't get their act together.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Arrrrrrrgh!
    The ship is starting to fill with water!
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  16.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by ButtUglyJeff
    I have a feeling this won't be the last date change..................
    Arrrrrrrgh !!
    Last edited by gtwo; 04/17/2006 at 06:52 AM.
    Where is the thread that says June 9 might be the announcement(or release) date? I can't find it. Or was that just a guess?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Where is the thread that says June 9 might be the announcement(or release) date? I can't find it. Or was that just a guess?
    I think this is it... ???
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  19.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo

Hi Lady Treo!

Good Question.

Click the 1499 post/thread link in the first post of this thread for a reference to the old thread.

n4cer's document said May 28th.
    His document was confirmed by other sources.
    Those sources have now stated that the date will slip one to two weeks from the previous May 28 communication to Sprint Stores.
    That's 7 to 14 added days.
    I added 12 days to make the "target date" Friday June 9th.
    No communication to Sprint stores has stated "June 9th."

Cheers, Perry.
Page 1 of 67 1234561151 ... LastLast